[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This documentary was profoundly eye opening.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Fed-Up-Pic.jpg (329 KB, 1929x2040) Image search: [Google]
Fed-Up-Pic.jpg
329 KB, 1929x2040
This documentary was profoundly eye opening.
>>
>>63331981
>>
>>63332113
>>
>>63332325
>>
>>63332325
oh, a reply. Welcome to my thread friend
>>
>>63332344
>>
>>63331981
>>63332349

>>>63332325
>>
I agree
>>
File: class.jpg (436 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
class.jpg
436 KB, 1224x1632
CUNT CUNT CUNT
>>
>>63332399
is that how you're supposed to smoke cigarettes?
>>
>>63332399
looks unhealthy
>>
It was basically just a big reminder that we are all slaves to big business interest. Like Orwell said Freedom is Slavery
>>
>>63332513
You act like businesses aren't dependent on their customers too. Nobody has the upper hand. Life is anarchy.
>>
>>63332570
>dependent on their customers

Sorry not when they essentially control the food supply. But m-muh vegetable garden. Get real we have absolutely no control. Add to the fact that Americans are bombarded by advertisements literally every single place we go. As the film points out kids are essentially programed at a young age to eat through ads. Are you gonna tell me the big banks depend on there customers too?
>>
I think it does an excellent job of explaining the basic science behind weight lose and gain. Its more than just calories
>>
>>63332671
I'm saying people don't make decisions in isolation of any other experience in their lives. The people "in charge" are just as compelled by cause and effect as you or me. Everyone is interested only in their own satisfaction, which is something people exploit in each other for personal gain.

These big companies wouldn't be big if people didn't value what they were offering more than what the companies are asking in return.
>>
>>63332671
>Sorry not when they essentially control the food supply. But m-muh vegetable garden.

what the fuck? You can live off the land all natural if you want, but that's not good enough? You want people to prepare all kinds of different food and have them available to you just because? and for free? I don't think have a point lad

>kids are essentially programed at a young age to eat through ads.

People won't just eat something because they saw it in a fucking ad. Sure they might try it but you won't keep buying it unless you enjoy it.

Banks thing is Jewart tier irrelevant nonsense
>>
>>63332830
Good luck living off the land if you live in any sort of Urban environment dipshit. Not all of us are hillbilly fucks. And no I didn't imply anywhere that I expected people to just cater to my needs and make food for free. I want the shit that is supplied in store to not be artificial junk and the only reason it is is because there is literally zero government regulation and the food they produce is highly addictive.

>People won't just eat something because they saw it in a fucking ad.

Oh how incredibly naive. I guess you have literally never spoken with somebody under the age of 18 before, maybe leave your basement a little more often. Also how bought the fact that in almost all public schools there is only junk food available
>>
>>63332772
I really don't think you understand how incredible powerful mass marketing is. When is the last time you saw an advertisement for carrots? You probably saw close to 30-50 advertisement for soda alone today. Now image if you are a kid who has never been taught proper eating habits. Are you gonna tell me this kid really has a choice in what he choses to eat?
>>
>>63332971
>because there is literally zero government regulation
Government regulation is exactly why the food situation is as bad as it is. If there's no perceived authority with a monopoly on violence that companies can pay to enforce their success then companies have to appease their customers.

The FDA is a piece of shit. Don't they even discuss that in this movie?
>>
>>63333027
Dude...

I'm not saying anyone has a choice. If you were literate you would realize I'm arguing for the exact fucking opposite.

Anyway, I have to go eat.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.