[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are good movies to show me how awful human being I am for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: osment.jpg (104 KB, 1128x741) Image search: [Google]
osment.jpg
104 KB, 1128x741
What are good movies to show me how awful human being I am for not being able to create family and have someone to call me father? Sole thought of having a child fills me with fear, as I most likely would be awful in this role, like my own father was.

I watched Artificial Intelligence right now and it moved me deeply. Some of you might find it medicore cinema, but it affected me greately, for the reasons mentioned above.

I'm feeling down right now and just want to fill my head with this stuff so that I have no other thought left in it, but of ending the misery.
>>
Eraserhead
>>
A Serbian Film
>>
>>63331240
>>63331278
Watched both long time ago, waiting for serious answers.
>>
DUDE SOLE THOUGHTS OF HAVING A CHILD LMAO
>>
>>63331394
yeah, but they're not so powerful as portrait of family in the movie, where you can observe the strength of those bonds and emotions when you care for each other.
>>
>>63331509
I don't think homosex causes children so you don't have to worry about it faggot
>>
>>63331617
If only you understood how little impact your insults have on me, and at the same time how much harm you do to yourself as human being by using them.
>>
>>63331668
explain pls
>>
>>63331668

you talk like someone from reddit, and i'm not memeing, knock it off.
>>
Pelle the Conqueror
>>
>>63331222
>as I most likely would be awful in this role, like my own father was.

What did your father do wrong?
>>
>>63331683
Read some philosophy, meditate on it. Soon you will realise that you, as person, can choose if you're angry. And most often there is no benefit from it. If you vent your anger, for example by using insults, then it means you failed to fight your primal insticts, where you could apply reasoning, something that should makes us different from animals.
>>
>>63331794

>REDDIT BEEP BEEP BEEP
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>63331794
>>
>>63331809
>>63331702
I'm not visiting reddit. From your reaction though and how you avoid discussion, I assume you might aswell avoid talking with people who visit library.
>>
>>63331794
>thinking one has to be angry to call someone a faggot on 4chan

seriously, all kidding aside, you might be happier back at reddit
>>
>>63331865

If you went on /lit/ as well you'd get lynched.
>>
>>63331774
His only fault was that he didn't visit psychiatrist when he should've. He had many mental issues now when I look back and they affected greatly my abilities to interact with people and make stable plans for my future. I also had no proper father figure in my childhood. Risk that I would make same harm is far too great for me to even consider having a child.
>>
>>63331967
Do you think fapping makes babies or something? I'd bet my life that you're not getting any pussy anyway, so why cry about stupid shit?
>>
>>63331967

Do you visit a psychiatrist?
>>
>>63332063
No I am not the visiting of the psychiatrist because my mother refusal to pay and I have no insurances. I also have anxiety of the social kind and haven't the leaving house in 8 years.
>>
>>63332063
Yes, but so far my perspectives haven't changed that much. The amount of issues I have is quite overwhelming, and some of them might come back in future after treatment is over.
>>
>>63332138

In my town there is a hospital with a psychiatry department, the appointments are pretty much free, the only thing you have to pay is like 5 euros twice a year. I don't know how things work in your country but look into state managed psychiatry rather than private practice which charge you a fortune for a single visit.

>>63332158

Are you on any medication?
>>
>>63332281
Yeah I am. It's anti-depressant + it should neutralise stuff like compulsive speaking and soothe my paranoia.

Also ignore this post >>63332138
It's someone else.

I have some money saved and I'm going to private clinic. I can see they're professional, but It's hard for me to move with my life to next step, which usually is family. It's great responsibility, and odds are against me.
>>
Well, I'm going to bed now, no movie titles for me, will look for them somewhere else. Thanks for a talk.
>>
>>63331723
Almost missed this one, thanks.
>>
>>63331794
>can choose if you're angry
>failed to fight your primal instincts

Your argument contradicts itself by implying that we can fight against the feeling of anger so that it subsides. The problem being, the anger is still there for some period of time. You don't choose whether or not you're angry, you can only choose what to do about, and perhaps influence how long it lasts. Anger that you recognize, rationalize, and then choose not to engage with further is not the same as choosing whether you ever get angry at all.

>>63331809
>>63331846

Oh, fuck off.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.