[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>$155M (one hundred and fifty-five million dollars) (ONE HUNDRED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: genisys.jpg (85 KB, 461x720) Image search: [Google]
genisys.jpg
85 KB, 461x720
>$155M (one hundred and fifty-five million dollars) (ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-FIVE MILLION).

Does anybody feel like they could have made a better movie? I've taken like 20 pictures in my entire life total. I don't know how a real camera works. But I still think if I had that much money I could put together something that would at least get 60%.
>>
File: 1449192072220.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449192072220.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>63329602

$410,000,000

FOUR HUNDRED AND TEN MILLION DOLLARS

Doesn't matter how much you spend. That's not what makes a movie good.
>>
A lot of it was spent on catering.
>>
>>63329642
All I am saying is that I have seen every Terminator movie like 10 times. I have a college degree. How fucking hard could it be? Could I seriously not figure it out? I bet I could.
>>
>>63329642
>$410,000,000
w-what
is that without marketing?
>>
>>63329642
>SUPERMAN, SHOOT YOUR EYELASERS AT ME SO I CAN REFLECT THEM OFF MY SHIELD
why do they add in worthless characters
>>
>>63329602
thought it wasn't bad action movie tbcandid
>>
>>63329602
It was just a circlejerk of fail all around.
>Bad script
>Shit dialogue
>Khaleesi speaking english
>Seriously, she's just fucking terrible when not saying lines in made-up languages
I suspect this movie was a laundering scheme, like Jem.
>>
File: 99.jpg (31 KB, 592x298) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
31 KB, 592x298
>Six gorillion
>>
>>63329951
That's all I can think of. Isn't there a quality check? If it wasn't money laundering, some guy should've put a stop to this shit before it ever made into an actual movie theater where real people could see it.
>>
>>63330025
people in real life dont hate a movie just because emilia was in it

they just forgot to pay off the critics
>>
>>63330025
I think by the time it's getting screened, it's already too late to NOT release it. You can only do so many reshoots before you're making it all over again.
>>
>>63330049
I don't hate it because Emilia was in it. I've never seen GoT. You are fucking kidding yourself if you thought it was a good movie.
>>
>>63330049
>people in real life dont hate a movie just because emilia was in it
I knew it would likely be shit as soon as they announced her. She fucking sucks.
>>
>>63330094
Sure, but isn't there some studio dude who reads the script or watches the actors do their takes or something and says that it's dumb? They can't seriously just give a director that much money and say go for it.
>>
>>63329642
>that obvious green screen
>the trinity standing around awkwardly
>literally aping the first shot of CIA in TDKR
>>
>>63330131
I'm thinking it's probably hard to judge scene by scene how atrocious a thing will end up being overall. Plus, directors usually have people/plans for distracting/obfuscating studio overseers.
>>
>>63330098

lots of shitty blockbusters do well, this wasn't worse than any other action flick
>>
It felt like bad fanfiction. Like someone copied all the future scenes from the first two movies, then decides 'but I want Kyle and Sarah to have a happy ending together and Ahnuld should be her father!'
Also it sucked how Kyle went from scrappy Michael Biehn (someone who looked like he legitimately lived in the apocalypse) to dudebro Jai Courtney (someone who looks like he just left the gym and had 5000 calories for lunch)
>>
File: smug.jpg (62 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
62 KB, 570x300
>>63330152
>i am going to make absolutely shit movie and i will hire people to make sure that nobody stops me
>>
I literally do think everyone here could do a better movie.

Horrible miscast.
>>
>>63329602
>Does anybody feel like they could have made a better movie?

I really don't. I was surprised at how go it was as is. It is up there with 1 and 2. The rest of the movies can fucking die though.
>>
>>63330194
I doubt it's usually the INTENT of the directors to make a shit film; but it happens, sometimes because of studio interference, sometimes despite it. But it's well known that "keeping executives/overseers busy/distracted/out of my way" are a normal, common thing.
>>
This was a big budget syfy original.

Note: I watched this with my stepmother, and of all the nonsensical horseshit in the movie, the one thing she couldn't wrap her head around was the part where Kyle and Sarah jump into the future and Pops is still there. I couldn't get her to understand that they jumped into HIS future. She was insistent that he should still be in the past.

She makes me feel good about myself.
>>
>>63329687
Then download Celtix and write a script, even if it's just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>63330286
I'm too busy to write a script--my tiny amount of free time is spent shitposting. It would totally be rad though.
>>
File: GfOborN-1.png (314 KB, 753x356) Image search: [Google]
GfOborN-1.png
314 KB, 753x356
>>63329642
>>
>>63330343
Damn it anon, put your phone down and do something.
>>
>>63330235
>It is up there with 1 and 2.
Kill yourself
>>
>>63330139 -> >>63330377
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.