[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FARGO SEASON 3 TIME PERIOD ANNOUNCED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: fargoseason2.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
fargoseason2.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3000
Where were you when Fargo killed itself

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/03/fargo-season-3
>>
It could be set in 1857 i would still watch the shit out of it.
>>
For a show that should never have been made in the first place it had a decent run.
>>
File: OP literally cannot stop.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
OP literally cannot stop.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>63327564
haterz gone hate desu
>>
Why is setting it after season 1 bad?
It could be set present day and it would still be good.
>>
>>63327814
>he wants a rehash of the first season

you're a fucking pleb kid
>>
sweet.

i am worried about noah having too much on his plate though. should take his time with S3.
>>
File: umaru dance.gif (2 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
umaru dance.gif
2 MB, 540x300
>>63327852
>first seaons takes place in 2006
>new season takes place in 2015

that's not even to mention that a time period ≠ rehash.

sorry you canlt logic senpai
>>
>>63327942
>new season takes place in 2015
Actually the article says it takes place "a couple years" after the first season to maintain the true story line.
>>
I hate how season 2 takes place in the 70's. I also hate how there isn't a near unkillable killer that represents some cool aspect of life like how No Country Mexican represents evil and Billy Bob represents Chaos. Season 1 was so good. The only thing I didn't get was how it rained fish.
>>
>>63327814
whats going on in this webm? do you have the source?
>>
File: ayyy lmao.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ayyy lmao.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Leaked season 3 footage!
>>
>>63328010
>The only thing I didn't get was how it rained fish.
That's an actual natural phenomenon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_of_animals#Fish
>>
I didn't see this coming, considering the Fargo mob was all killed off by Malvo.

Maybe they'll make up for it by actually having it take place in Fargo for once
>>
>>63327564
MR. WRENCH CONFIRMED
fuck yeah, love that midnight cowboy

>>63328010
Malvo wasn't some angst-wank like Chigurh, he represented ego manifested in the form of toxic masculinity and delusions of grandeur, it's really not that difficult to understand.
>>
File: 5730222710_pot_head_xlarge.jpg (18 KB, 350x312) Image search: [Google]
5730222710_pot_head_xlarge.jpg
18 KB, 350x312
>Hawley noted the show’s setting always has to at least be a few years in the past given the show “based on a true story format.”

>“The idea of the ‘true story’ is it always has to be at least a few years ago, because the idea is we finally know what really happened and it took time – because the book doesn’t come out until five or six years after,” he said.
>>
So which Coen movies is it going to take its cues from this time? Intolerable Cruelty? Raising Arizona?
>>
>>63328379
Well he's not wrong. It's a nice little touch. Noah knows what he's doing.
>>
>>63328025
I want more Damian Lewis on my TV. He's not doing anything right now is he?
>>
>>63328393
The Big Lebowski.

>How can you do that? Just lie to everyone?
>Because ve are nihilists!
>[cue The Eagles]
>>
File: fargo.jpg (47 KB, 480x852) Image search: [Google]
fargo.jpg
47 KB, 480x852
yeh boi
>>
>>63328393
A Serious Man.
>>
>>63328552
If they bring back that hideous SJW tumblr cow I will not only drop the show but also kill an obese woman for every subsequent episode that this bitch appears in.
>>
>>63328587
will you be the new fargo villain?
>>
>>63328587
Hawley is really good at skirting the edge of tumblrism while also blowing it off

>make the fat chick the hero but get her shot and have her do nothing in the finale
>make the mob boss a woman but get her arrested and have her do nothing in the finale (probably)
>make the coalburning whore sympathetic and empowered but get her shot in the head
>woman hating Dodd gets rekt, but every feminist is literally mentally ill in Season 2
>make the #BLM guy treat women like shit and be obsessed with Lewis Carroll
>>
>>63328587

You sound like a fucking imbecile and this show is too good for you. Just stop watching it now.
>>
>>63328704
I care about the quality of this show far more than you do if you'd allow that cunt who almost ruined the first season to come back and shove her pathetic tumblr ideology down your throat a second time around. I guess some people just don't have standards in terms of the television they watch.
>>
>>63328755
Molly a cute
>>
>>63328755

>pathetic tumblr ideology

What? She was just a cop who was good at her job.
>>
>>63328755
>that cunt who almost ruined the first season

I dare you to expand on this in a non neckbeard way that actually makes sense and isn't just you being mad at women, calling her fat, or being an obvious closeted homosexual.
>>
>>63328010
People who complain about there not being another Malvo need to fuck off back to reddit.

Mike and Hanzee are much better characters than Malvo was, which is saying something.
>>
>>63328755
Except she was one of the best characters, I'm sure you complained about francis mcddormand, a pregnant woman, being the hero of Fargo?
>>
>>63328802
Yeah, good at her job while just happening to be fat and female. That was the tumblr propaganda element.
>>
>>63328755

You what's worse than having a pathetic tumblr ideology? Having a pathetic /r9k/ I'm so mad at shit tumblr does that I let it ruin things I would otherwise enjoy if I wasn't being total fucking retarded shitbag ideology.
>>
>>63328362
>toxic masculinity
when will this meme end?
>>
>>63328887
>>>/r9k/

Go back to your containment board until your mother comes and tells you it's time for bed, kid.
>>
>>63328887
Francis mcdormand was a fat woman. Well, pregnant, but same deal essentially.
>>
>>63328901
If you can bury your head in the sand and happily lap up media that is designed to obliterate your entire race from the planet then you are either braindead are some kind of sick fetishist.
>>
>>63328947

lel if you aren't trolling you're fucking retarded. Not being facetious either, actually goddamn retarded. If you are trolling good job because this shit is funny.
>>
>>63328942
Pregnancy does NOT count.
>>
>>63328947
>media that is designed to obliterate your entire race from the planet
and we've entered into tinfoil territory
>>
>pathetic tumblr ideology

He means the scene where the refugee comes to America because it is the land of freedom and wealth and has his bag stolen at the airport and has to survive by shoplifting for 3 months while being under constant fear of being arrested and deported.
>>
>>63328981
Nice arbitrary exceptions you make bro, if fargo came out today you'd be crying about
>muh strong independent pregnant woman
>>
>>63329146
Pregnancy isn't inherently degenerate. Regular obesity can only ever be indicative of degeneracy.
>>
File: faceless.png (161 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
faceless.png
161 KB, 300x333
>>63327564
They should've went 90s.
>>
>>63329219
Yes, it's impossible to be fat and a good person. Look at that cocksucker Santa clause.
>>
>>63328362
>hating on Chigurh
>unironically saying toxic masculinity
Kill yourself, you tumblr pleb.
>>
>>63329299
I honestly don't even know what to say to you, I can only hope you're baiting at this point but you probably aren't.

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>63328587
You're fucking retarded, for a total newbie she put in a fantastic performance on the same level as those around her.

>>63328887
>being this /pol/-vision
this isn't fucking "They Live", anon

>>63328906
Like it or not, it's what the first season's about, though I think it's only chosen because it's a form of egotism prominent in the small-town environment. That's why Molly is content not getting to put a bullet in Lester's head all gung-ho style, just happy that he's been proved guilty and tracked down and the case resolved. Even Molly's tumblrina fans complained about how she didn't get to take down the baddie in some kind of epic showdown at the end, completely missing the point. At the end of the finale, Gus gets a commendation for killing an incapacitated suspect. Molly gets to be Chief. Good character.
>>
>>63329038
I'll admit I do wonder what that scene was supposed to be about other than being vaguely heartwarming. Hawley seems invested in deep thematic foundations to both seasons so I'm curious what the migrant's difficulties in the West represent.
>>
>>63329385
The entire media is exactly like They Live. I'm sure it's much easier to just gobble up the crap they serve you only seeing the surface level but literally every show you watch is there first and foremost to push an agenda while keeping you docile.
>>
What if they brought in Marge's son or daughter who would have been around 19 in season 1 and now a couple years older in season 3
>>
>>63329371
Lester, a villain of the season, seeks fullfillment by fucking his dead victim-by-proxy's wife in the ass while looking at his picture. It's about a form of masculinity that is exaggerated to extremes that are detrimental both to those who practise it and those around them. It's what the first season is about. I'm not saying ALL MASCULINITY IS BAD but come on, the sort of stuff that makes gym wankers bulk up with steroids to ludicrous extremes ain't healthy. A common theme in the season is people confronting things they don't want to face about themselves- Gus having to recognise that he's actually incompetent as a cop and should have followed his dream to become a postman, Bill having to recognise that his childhood friend is a sociopathic monster, the supermarket king recognising that he has lost touch with his faith- and part of that is the small-town society facing up to the fact that they, with a little help from the MRA-psuedocience-spouting Malvo (note that "we used to be gorillas", the foundation of his schtick to folks like Lester, is a scientific inaccuracy), have bred a monster.
>>
>>63329521
Lester did absolutely nothing wrong you kekolded faggot.
>>
Who's still around? Other than fat cop and Colin Hanks

>Mr. Wrench
>retard kids
>whore wife
>Saul Goodman

Did I miss anyone important?
>>
>>63329372
You're a bigger faggot then him for actually replying. Get off my board and go to the youtube comment section until you learn how to ignore bait.
>>
>>63329587
>>Saul Goodman
Don't reference that literal REDDIT MEME DOGSHIT in a thread about this real show you underage piece of shit.
>>
>>63329653
I'm sorry I'm a sucker for conflict with idiots
>>
>>63329657
I'm sorry I'm not as autistic as you are and can't remember Saul's name in Fargo
>>
>>63329686
If you watched Breaking Bad you certainly are the most autistic person in the thread. I'd literally rather die than even watch a single second of that meme redditcore garbage.
>>
Were are they having audition for season 3? I want to try out. I feel like the Coens are the type to hire newbies in star roles :3
>>
>>63329713
I'll delete your chin with my fists if you dont stop spouting stupid memes you worthless kid
>>
>>63329730
That's mainly if you're a qt
>>
>>63329713
I'm sorry I'm not as autistic as you and get upset over what Saul is named in other shows, feel free to stay mad kid
>>
>>63329521
>Lester, a villain of the season, seeks fullfillment by fucking his dead victim-by-proxy's wife in the ass while looking at his picture.
That's an expression of general human revenge-seeking, which isn't male-only.

>MRA-psuedocience-spouting Malvo
Malvo was first and foremost a deliberate agent of chaos. Philosophically, I guess you could say he was a Nietzschean, believing that constant conflict breeds stronger individuals. Seeing that as an essential element of masculinity is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>63328025
is that dreamcatcher?

such a weird fucking movie
>>
>>63329779
Not him but you know this thing called imdb exists right?

You don't have to be autistic to simply type Bob Odenkirks name into it senpai.
>>
>>63329854
>looking up his name when I can refer to him as Saul and you still know who I mean

This isn't a research paper, kiddo. It's an Armenian paraplegic whore house
>>
>>63329818
Yet at the end Malvo is exposed as a mere mortal contrary to earlier insinuations, and at that, another loner creep who listens back to tapes of his victims like any other number of copy-paste sadistic killers. He believes he's something bigger than he is, i.e. ego. I never said the season was *limited* to toxic masculinity, merely that it hones in on it as something it specifically explores a lot because it's relevant to the setting, but it's really a microcosm for a wider universally-human theme. That's what makes Hawley so great; there's a few tumblr ideas here and there, but they're all in service to a solid and clear thematic undercurrent.

Also, you can't look at the way this board looks at kekoldry and tell me it's not a predominantly male fear or form of vengeance/domination.
>>
>>63329937
>It's an Armenian paraplegic whore house
And that meme's ran its course.
>>
Why didn't Hanzee just drink the spit?
>>
>>63327622
>watch the shit out of it
>not watch the heck out of it
>>
>>63329968
>Malvo is exposed as a mere mortal contrary to earlier insinuations
That's open to interpretation, but for the sake of this discussion, sure, let's say he was just some guy. Clearly he was sociopathic and obsessive, with his delighting in people's suffering and collecting those tapes. Why link this with masculinity and not seeing it as a facet of a broader human spectrum of behaviours and attitudes? Malvo could just as well have been changed to be a woman, without adjusting anything about his character. This contemporary witch hunt against 'toxic masculinity' reeks of pop psychology, and ignores that people can display cruelty and aggression regardless of sex or gender.

>Also, you can't look at the way this board looks at kekoldry and tell me it's not a predominantly male fear or form of vengeance/domination.
Well, that's a whole matter entirely.
>>
>>63330263
*whole different matter
>>
>>63327564
sounds good desu senpai
>>
>>63328362
>toxic masculinity

holy fuck I didn't realize how many tumblr genderqueer faggots were on this board
>>
>>63329521
>MRA-psuedocience-spouting Malvo (note that "we used to be gorillas".. )

What the fuck? In what way did Malvo say anything MRA?

holy shit Reddit needs to fuck off and stay fuck off forever
>>
File: Clerkfu says fuck you.jpg (479 KB, 962x962) Image search: [Google]
Clerkfu says fuck you.jpg
479 KB, 962x962
I love reddit
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.