[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does the prevalence of superhero movies say about our culture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Avengers.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Avengers.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
What does the prevalence of superhero movies say about our culture?
>>
>>63327507
We just want someone to stand up and do the right thing....
>>
File: trump.jpg (61 KB, 960x669) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
61 KB, 960x669
we're in desperate need of someone who we can look to as a hero.
>>
movie-goers just wanna have fun
>>
That the straight white male has been manipulated by the jews into embracing infantilized chastity.
>>
captain america's costume was so fucking bad in the avengers
>>
ok someone redpill me on why robin from HIMYM is in the avengers
>>
>>63327507
Everyone dreams of having power. Few do.
>>
>>63327507
alright, as someone who isn't a hipster, loves movies but hardly goes to the theater, and doesn't have a double digit IQ.

My father, older cousins.. all loved Marvel.. the comics in the 60s, the Xmen and spiderman cartoons in the 90s.. the video games, etc etc

I love certain marvel characters, and will see every marvel movie, if it looks appealing.

the new Fantastic 4, I gave no shit about..
and its supports my argument.
it looked to try to create a new story without giving a shit about the classic looks.
I didn't bother seeing it
>>
>>63327507
It says someone got RDJ to do a superhero movie and cg got to the point that it could show off with the armor and people liked it.

Literally RDJ and "cool armor" is the only reason capeshit got big.

Beyond that, there's been a superhero movie release pretty much every year for a very long time now. We're just now at the point where every single one of them does really well financially, so the studios are going all out.
>>
>>63327507

That special effects are cheap enough to make them feasible.
>>
People have been telling stories about superhumans as long as there have been people telling stories. I think it's just because the technology that enables these kinds of larger than life stories to be adapted to the screen has only been around for about 15 years so it's still a relatively young genre with a lot of potential for innovation
>>
File: image.png (202 KB, 469x413) Image search: [Google]
image.png
202 KB, 469x413
>>63328040
>lot of potential for innovation
Gee, I wonder if the avengers are going to win this time.
>>
>>63327562
>noticing costumes in a clusterfuck of garbage cgi
>>
Ask Simon Pegg, OP
>>
>>63327507
It says "people really like fun super hero films."
>>
I'll let someone far smarter than me answer this question.

http://www.steynonline.com/6415/a-land-fit-for-superheroes
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.