[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Persepolis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: persepolis-images.jpg (127 KB, 2362x1278) Image search: [Google]
persepolis-images.jpg
127 KB, 2362x1278
What do you think of Persepolis?
>>
>>63326954
boring and portentous. my mind went numb from her stories about her loser boyfriend and their shitty tv. watched it 10 years ago (if not more) story seemed like an everyday eastern european life is crap story
>>
>>63326954
Great movie.
>>
File: mj.gif (846 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
mj.gif
846 KB, 245x160
>>63326954
My face when I realized I paid money to watch a poorly animated Flash movie in a movie theater.
>>
simply a film. I have no opinion on it. It happened to me and then it ended and I went on with my life.
>>
>>63326954
Never seen it. Opening image doesn't inspire me to seek it out.
>>
>that scene where she tells God to fuck off
RIP Uncle Anoush
>>
>>63327022
>>63327096
samefag
>>
>>63326954
There was some trip fag who used to post with pics of the characters of this show. One day he let us know that he had a lazy eye and so I spent an entire thread shopping all of his faggy pics with googly eyes
>>
>>63327123
its a story about Muslim or Palestinian repressed girl telling us about her journey to discovering smoking and other degeneracy, how she used her position in her society to get men in trouble and how gov took all her family
>>
>>63327228
you are a shitty person with no life
>>
>>63327022
>seemed like an everyday eastern european life is crap story

Looks more like Western Europe to me friendo
>>
>>63326954
I could only find the English dub version. Pissed me off to no end. Anyone have a link to the proper version?
>>
>>63327109
What is your purpose in life.
>>
>>63327264
yes but the underline melancholy is no different from ex soviet satellites
>>
File: 1449089264141.png (228 KB, 1192x830) Image search: [Google]
1449089264141.png
228 KB, 1192x830
>>63326954
I felt insulted
The comic was 20x15 times better
God damn they really fucked it up by comparison
When I read the anosh chapter it was fucking drepressing
When I saw it mutilated in the movie I almost cried in anger
God dammit
That was the best part of the goddamn comic and they fucked it up
SATRAPEEEEEEEEE
I wish for a remake
directed by ang lee
>>
>>63327310
Maybe stop streaming pleb.
>>
>>63327263
Why else are we here
>>
>>63327346

To eat a steak of every animal
>>
>>63327228
Doing gods work, anon.
>>
>>63327096
I saw it in a film class in college for free
>>
>the British to organize a coup d’état to overthrow the Qajar emperor, who also happens to be her great-grandfather
kek!?
>>
>>63326954
It is a visual wonder. Aesthetically, it might be one of the most unique and autheristic works with motion pictures as far as mainstrean cinema goes albeit not exactly with the type of eximious work you'd see in a 100M budget hollywood product, rather it is more akin to an experimental avantguarde work with emphasis put on language. And unlike similarly peculiar films that are visually striking but end up getting too enamored with themselves to the point of staleness and dullness, Persepolis never gets tiresome - the characters and the actions are always going onward and presenting dynamic development, which reflects positively on the aesthetic. A great film.
>>
>>63327554
This
>>
Cultural Marxism: The movie
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.