[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F Rating: Good or Bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: feminist approved media.png (16 KB, 360x350) Image search: [Google]
feminist approved media.png
16 KB, 360x350
>The inequality between men and women in the film industry has been brought into sharp focus by stars like Jennifer Lawrence, Geena Davis and Cate Blanchett. Could a new F rating - for films made by or with major roles for women - help close the gender gap?

>So festival director Holly Tarquini came up with the F rating to sit alongside a movie's usual age classification.

>It is given to any film that meets one of three criteria: It must be written by a woman, directed by a woman or feature "significant women on screen in their own right".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34982615
>>
>This is a huge issue
>>
>they wanna tell me what movies to ignore

Fine by me.
>>
>Never mind that ISIS attack on American soil, let's talk about what the real issues plaguing society are
>>
>>63313492
>ISIS attack
more like a stormweenie false flag
>>
>>63313434
This is fucking insane.
>>
>implying studios will do this
>>
File: 1428479299623.png (37 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1428479299623.png
37 KB, 560x407
Rated F for "Fuck I ain't seeing that shit"
>>
>>63313590
...why?

Some guy does whatever in his own little movie festival. The fuck do you care?

As an adult male, there is no movie that is not suitable for me, so i do not care about ratings and I do not thing this will bring an real results, but calling the guy "insane" is stupid.
>>
>>63313434
>Drive today
>Hear two dumb sluts on the radio arguing that producers are wrong and that diversity has merit because it's good
Fuck you Americunts and your shit culture, we were fine over here producing moderately successful domestic film until you started this shit
>>
>>63313492
Holy shit. This right here

>China recently announced they have a cloning facility and can even clone humans
>Russia announced a permanent moon base

Meanwhile...

>The liberals in the West and the most "educated" females in the world are still arguing about petty and useless shit
>>
>>63313434
Oh dear sweet fuck.

The ratings system is specifically put in place to warn parents about the movie they're taking the kids to see. Are you trying to imply that putting an F rating is gonna keep kids from knowing the dangers of being female?

Seriously, at this point you might as well do away with ratings all together.
>>
Oh, and expect them to play favorites with that shit. So if your attractive waifu has a movie coming out, she's not going to be supported by these cunts. (Unless she's a shill like JLaw)
>>
>>63313675

>Russia announced a permanent moon base

What? Sounds Putin propaganda, how many mass graves did he make this time?
>>
>>63313632
Juse be thankful you're not living here and having to put up with this bullshit first hand.
>literally afraid to look at women because stare rape is a real thing to them
>>
>>63313632

Nobody told YOUR country to import that shit. That's on you, fuckface.
>>
>>63313628
>The fuck do you care?

Because at the bottom of the article:

>Independent cinemas may be open to the idea, but big chains, which run the vast majority of screens, are not likely to be displaying the F symbol soon.

>Phil Clapp, chief executive of the UK Cinema Association, says: "The vast majority of our members would find such a blunt 'quality stamp' unattractive, not least in that the suggested approach would exclude a large number of films which are about women and/or which promote gender equality, while including others which are unarguably less sympathetic to that agenda.

>"As a result, this is something few cinema operators would wish to involve themselves in, the general sense being that it's not the way forward on these issues."

One day you'll go see a movie anon, a movie without the F of feminist approval, and everyone will know what you are.

You will see posters with your face on saying 'rapist' underneath, all over town.
>>
Let's suggest F rated movies:

Lilja-4-ever
>>
>>63313683
You misunderstand. Any film without an F rating will be deemed sexist and therefore unworthy of awards or critical praise. It's a cunning method to shoe horn shitty female directors and writers into more jobs, and make more strong womyn films.

Women have failed in the free market ideas, therefore the market must be made less free.
>>
idgaf
>>
>>63313434

>Geena Davis

she is behind all this buttfuckery
>>
>>63313767
Oh shit, I'm sorry, are you in your safe space right now faggot? Your country is literally circling the drain right now and that's the best you have?
>>
Would be funny to see all F rated movies bomb.
>>
>>63313865
would that make them...

...F-bombs?
>>
>>63313813
>be triggered
>accuse others of being triggered
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>63313675
What the fuck is Russia gonna do on the moon? We already have enough moon rock.
>>
>>63313897
Mining for Unobtanium
>>
>>63313770
You are paranoid.

And it boils down to your insecurity and fear what might people think of you.
>>
>>63313434
So F is for feminist film? yes please, so I can go straight to see if it is F rated to avoid it.
>>
>>63313882
>Create shitty culture
>Complain incessantly about it every fucking day
>Get upset when someone else has to eat the shit you've regurgitated on the world
Fuck off
>>
Another symbol for audiences to ignore in the trailer, congrats I guess.
>>
>>63313897
The moon has huge deposits of helium-3, a valuable fuel for fusion.
>>
>>63314025

This
>>
>>63313458
Fucking this. Sounds great to me, let them segregate themselves further from reality like the retards they are, it certainly won't lead to success.
>>
>>63314090
Herr Adler?
>>
File: 1399391304466.jpg (23 KB, 480x198) Image search: [Google]
1399391304466.jpg
23 KB, 480x198
>>63314090

>believing "scientific facts" from the movies
>>
>>63314186
It was a joke, bud.
>>
>>63313987
mad aftbqh senpai
>>
>>63314186
If the moon didn't have all that helium, then how does it stay afloat up there? CHECKMATE ATHEISTS
>>
>>63313434

I think we should also start making Jews wear stars on their clothes to identify them easier.
>>
>>63314244
It doesn't stay afloat. The moon is constantly falling.
>>
>>63314211
No true familia, I'm more irritated your bullshit permeates university life, I get the feeling it would have been better if the red curtain was still in effect
>>
Dumb, dumb, dumb...
>>
>>63314465
Why are you describing yourself?
>>
Don't things like this simply WIDEN the gender gap rather than close it?

It does. Please tell me how I'm wrong, but I'm not.
>>
>>63314482
Project more, family.
>>
I think it's a great idea.

Once the RT scores for F rated films come in and they're all fucking awful, patriarchy will be blamed and capitalism will get to work making sure no more F rated films are made, pushing more women out of the business.
It's win-win.
>>
>>63314509
White males can't be disadvantaged, Haven't you heard?
>>
>>63314509
You're not. This shit is retarded.
>>
These actresses could create their own projects. They can make them as estrogen-soaked as they please.

But in the minds of the modern entitlement liberal, they believe it's everyone else's job to provide for them on their terms.

Lazy selfish bitches.
>>
As an American I see 'F' as a bad grade and all that. So honestly, even if I had no idea it had anything to do with feminism if I went to see a movie and saw it had an F rating my first instinct would be to think, "Damn.. it got an F? Must be a pretty bad movie." and go look for a different movie.
>>
>>63314296
Don't say such scary things, anon.
>>
>>63314566
it's not a serious proposal for this reason, amongst the other marketing issues. they are just trying to get people to argue on the internet.
>>
>>63314539
>Once the RT scores for F rated films come in and they're all fucking awful,
Except that's not how it works. The critics are all leftist pawns of the jews and will praise these propaganda movies.
>>
F rated films will be constantly pushed by the media and better films will be swept under the rug.
>>
>>63313458
Exact first thing that comes to mind. I'm all for them easily labeling movies that I should avoid.
>>
>>63314696
critics are part of the media, they will do whatever helps the media. even if that temporarily meant supporting the idea in the long run market forces would be what decided their attitude, as it should be.
>>
>>63314731
That's already exactly what happens with any women film, LGBT film or white guilt film. They'll throw the occasional outrageously bad one under the bus every now and again to create the illusion they have standards and aren't just a shill league but you can see right through it.
>>
If we are equal then why do women need special treatment?
>>
>>63314798
actually that's just because movies with some controversial element are easier to write articles about.
>>
>>63314527
Now you are projecting.
>>
File: indie games.jpg (149 KB, 1690x938) Image search: [Google]
indie games.jpg
149 KB, 1690x938
>>63313492

Worse
>Never mind those 3000+ rape slaves IS still have, there's not enough females directing capeshit
>>
>>63314841
Anon asking such questions is racist.
>>
>>63314953
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>not exclusively watching F B G T movies
>its literally 2015
>its almost 2016
>>
File: cg sheev.jpg (12 KB, 300x312) Image search: [Google]
cg sheev.jpg
12 KB, 300x312
>>63314841

STOP ASKING COMPLETELY LOGICAL QUESTIONS.
>>
>>63315097
Yes, you are dumb, and you make fun of others for being dumb to deflect your dumbness.
>>
This is new level of retarted. Wants equality, but at the same time they seperate themselves from males. Probably will start to bitch that no one's buying labeled shit.
>>
>>63315134
>the B is for Black Bull

I can't wait for this new era of progressive movies!
>>
>>63315168
Except i didn't, i said the idea is dumb. You're the one doing that.
>>
>>63313434
Is there nothing these whale snails won't rub their crotch slime on
>>
>>63313434
>old hag
>old had
>Jennifer "le so quirky like me" Lawrence
Why should I care what these hacks think?
>>
>>63313434
>See movie has F-rating symbol
>Know not to go see it now
>Watch a good movie instead
Honestly its a bad idea because seeing a movie that's rated F just makes me think its F as in bad
>>
please convince them to put a yellow star on films with over 50% Jews in the director/producer/writer category
>>
So basically it's a polite way to give a film a "shit" rating that will warn viewers?
>>
>>63313434
>gender gap
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: moon.jpg (49 KB, 1280x609) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
49 KB, 1280x609
>>63314296
>>63314608
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.