[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predict how much it makes at the box office
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: spaceshekels.jpg (118 KB, 860x450) Image search: [Google]
spaceshekels.jpg
118 KB, 860x450
Predict how much it makes at the box office
>>
>>63306810
I say 1.5 billion
>>
easily ten to twenty trillion dollars.
>>
Avatar made 2 billion just from the hype of the 3D and since the dollar decreases in value every year and literally every human to ever live including remote savage tribes in the amazon know of Star Wars I'll say 3 billion
>>
6 mil
>>
6 gorillion
>>
>>63306853
Avatar had incredible word of mouth going for it which explains its legs during its box-office run. It even got released a second time in cinemas because profits declined much slower than usual. If Star Wars doesn't generate that kind of word of mouth it won't break 1.5 billion.
>>
I bet it doesn't make back its production cost
>>
>>63306810
these threads are so fucking pointless. It's going to make a shit ton of money ok? Why is this a discussion?
>>
File: Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png (198 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
Dr_-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png
198 KB, 500x259
>>
Can jap overlord just made a /sw/ board already?
>>
>>63306894

People could talk all the shit they want but Star Wars is like grandma's cooking to normies, it is all muh childhood to everyone all over the world, even my 60 year old catholic mother got hyped as fuck from the trailer.

Personally I think it's tripe and wish it would fuck off, but it won't.
>>
File: avatard (5).jpg (79 KB, 280x419) Image search: [Google]
79 KB, 280x419
I hope it makes $3 billion just to see the Avatards have an autism explosion.
>>
>>63306810
There's no chance in hell this would happen, but wouldn't it be hilarious if it flops completely?
>>
>>63306810

The opening weekend is going to disappoint people and there will be idiots here squaking about how it didn't break Jurassic World's record. Probably something like 120 - 150m if the weather is nice in the northeast.

The world-wide box office is going to depend almost entirely on how much the chinese like it. The movie is going to make a shitload in the US / EU / Japan but no one really knows how well a star wars movie is going to do in modern China. When Ep. III released in 2005 China looked nothing like it does today and the Chinese don't have the attachment to these movies that other territories did because they never saw them. 1.5bn seems like a safe bet, 2bn is a bit risky, and at 2.5bn you're going to be accused of being a deluded fanboy.

Regardless Disney won't care. All the money in Star Wars is in the merchandising.
>>
>>63307168

Maybe. Star Wars has been the butt of jokes for the past decade, a change of pace would be nice.
>>
>>63307134

Does Avatar even have a following? I was under the impression that the movie made $3bn off of being an insanely well crafted, if shallow "event" film placed in one of the most barren 6 month periods of film releases ever.
>>
This film will be watched by normies, patricians, intellectuals, retards, autists, reddittors, ethnics, whites, blacks, dudebros, geeks, young, old, expect 3 billion dollars.
>>
This is a serious prediction. 2.5 BILLION or maybe a tad more.
>>
Around $2 billion at a guess. But I really don't know, Episode 1 had crazy hype but made less than Titanic.
>>
>>63307234

Titanic had insane word of mouth and repeat views. Some people watched Episode I again to try and figure out just what the fuck was happening and the word of mouth wasn't good.
>>
>>63306810
China and EA markets will make sure its a guaranteed billion.
>>
>>63306810

muh orange-blue eyecatcher
>>
File: harrison-ford.png (166 KB, 238x440) Image search: [Google]
harrison-ford.png
166 KB, 238x440
>>63306810
D R O P P E D
>>
1.8-2.2, too many factors working against it.

1) it looks like it's going to suck
2) daisy ridley looks terrible
3) boyega is black
4) winter opening
5) designated shooters
6) probable han solo death
7) shit villain
8) no luke

will open around 160, 400 total with int, and as word of mouth (and shooters) spread it'll just have too much weight to carry it to avatar. which is funny because in theory this movie should land at about 3, pretty sure most of the fingers will be pointed at abrams.

61% on RT with an average of 6/10, but in reality it's gonna be a total 4/10 rip off movie

cap it
>>
>>63306810
2 Billion
>>
File: 1448908628372.jpg (70 KB, 950x1144) Image search: [Google]
1448908628372.jpg
70 KB, 950x1144
>çucks think it'll break 1b
I'll eat my hat live on twitch if it does
>>
File: 1437151166442.png (947 B, 416x454) Image search: [Google]
1437151166442.png
947 B, 416x454
It'll prolly top Godzilla and Jurassic World for biggest weekend in history, it'll make most of it's money back around that time, too.

The rest, if it goes beyond a billion, it all depends on the quality of the movie and word of mouth.
>>
>>63306810
about $3.50
>>
>>63306810
1 dollar and 50 cent.
>>
>>63308688
What's your twitch bub. I'll make sure to remember that.
>>
Would it be a safe bet for it to beat Jurassic World?
>>
>>63306810
$300,000 in limited release, mostly arthouse theatres.
>>
Around 1B

Anyone who thinks it will beat Avatar is fucking delusional, SW doesn't do that well outside of USA
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.