[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predict RT score
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Phasma.jpg (340 KB, 1560x1040) Image search: [Google]
Phasma.jpg
340 KB, 1560x1040
I can't believe it, but it's almost here. The embargo lifts in 10 days.

86%
>>
99%

JEWS
E
W
S
>>
43% worse than prequels
>>
94%.

Will it deserve it? Most likely not. But the hype is too fucking potent for it to be anything less than "the biggest hit of the decade" or whatever.

I'll still enjoy it, but I certainly won't tell people I did.
>>
>>63303283
84% at worst 87% at best.
>>
74%
>>
Same as his Star Trek reboot.

95%
>>
>>63303283
Honestly RT is out of their league with movie, no wait not movie, EVENT.

I'll tell you why this will be bigger than Avatar and in top of that is going to win a couple of Oscars.

Its very simple, when it comes to Star Trek im a total pleb, I dont know shit about it never seen a tv episode or movie, only know like 3 or 4 character names. I saw JJs reboot and I got fucking goosebumps, imagine what true fans felt.

You see what im saying?

This is going to be insane, the original cast is back, fans from the 70s, fans from the 90s, fans from the animated shows, gamer fans from the games.

All these people will watch it. Im so fucking pumped.
>>
You're fuckin high if you think its going to get less than 90%
I barely like these movies and I'd bet money on that
>>
>>63303330
>>63303312
>>63303324
>>63303283
they're not screening it for critics in advance. that is almost literally a guarantee that it is bad.

maybe not a total clusterfuck, sure, but there will be key elements of the movie that just don't work very well.

reminder that by this point prior to Avatar's release it was already being professionally reviewed and had A ratings from test screenings.
>>
>>63303406
>they're not screening it for critics in advance. that is almost literally a guarantee that it is bad.
I'd disagree.

They're avoiding leaks. I mean, look what happened with last season of GoT with the critic screeners. And GoT doesn't have a fraction of the cult following that Star Wars has...

Those leaks would be worth tens of thousands, to place a conservative estimate.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 267x181
>>63303406
It's phantom menace all over again
>>
File: faggot.png (792 KB, 901x559) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
792 KB, 901x559
>>63303283
77%
>>
>>63303312
JEWS MAKE ME GO EWS
>>
>>63303383
JJ's Star Trek was fun but when you left the theatre it didn't stay with you and everyone forgot abut it in a few weeks.
>>
>>63303519
That's pretty much all the Trek movies minus Wrath of Khan.
>>
>>63303283
its probably gonna get a 71%. J J can make a decent film just not a great film. Given the budget of this movie and the size of its marketing campaign, its gonna have enough eye candy and nostalgia to give it an inflated rating.
>>
>>63303456
letting out plot twists doesn't affect a movies box office or a TV shows ratings

Avatar: revealed almost it's entire plot in the trailer, result: BIGGEST MOVIE SINCE GONE WITH THE WIND

Game of Thrones: release first 4 episodes of worst season, result: HIGHEST RATED SEASON IN HBO HISTORY.

Movies don't even get Avatar money from "twists" they get them from repeat business. Disney know this, and they know their film is bad.

In a sense you could be right, as it's quite likely that the "twists" the movie does have are bad or stupid twists, like Khan in Star Trek 2, and they are concealing them because they will deflate the hype.
>>
>>63303283
>reviews are going to be out for three days before I can see it

fuuuuck, why are they doing this?
>>
>>63303406
It has to do with leaks, but most importantly it's an established franchise so they don't feel the need to advertise it through critics like Avatar did
>>
>>63303283
75 %
what this guy said >>63303573
>>
>>63303684
read >>63303651
>>
>>63303720
Exactly, if letting it out doesnt affect anything, why would they?

Were frozen or avengers age of ultron screened 2 weeks in advance?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 412x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 412x433
>>63303283
>blaster has a stock
>and another folding stock under the barrel
>>
>>63303283

>Rotten Tomatoes
92% Critics will praise the return to form for the special effects blending in a lot of practical stuff as well as some nods to performances for Boyega and Driver but knock some points off for a weak been-there-done-that story.
>Opening weekend
$150m and this will be seen as a catastrophe because people don't understand that it's literally physically impossible to fill theaters in the dead of winter the same way you can in July.
>Total gross
Just north of 2bn and this will also be seen as a failure because it didn't beat Avatar.
>>
>>63303839
Good eye.
Looks like they incorporated it into the design as a front grip without actually knowing what it's for.
>>
Duracell/10

From my point of view Energizer is evil!
>>
>>63303804
>letting it does doesn't affect anything
>not reading the post properly

yeah bro Disney are SO CONFIDENT that their movie is great that they are expending huge efforts to keep people from seeing it, even though on prior occasions leaks have made absolutely no difference and may have even helped.

or is this discussion just about you pretending you are going to benefit from a Star Wars film making lots of money even if it's shit, because you are living your life vicariously through a corporate IP?
>>
>>63303839

>not having a backup stock in your blaster
>>
>>63303339

Oscar Issac is not a jew
>>
>>63303902
You stated that the lack of pre-screening is a sure sign it will be bad. I'm just saying that thats not necessarily true. I dont know why you got so defensive, of course I dont care whether or not disney makes money, tho you sure seem to care a lot
>>
>>63303839
>>63303927
>oh fuck a Jedi cut my gun in half near the back
>haha think again faggot spare stock

First Order are two steps ahead of everything
>>
70%

1.4b box office
>>
>>63303939
I care about whether the movie is good. You are disputing a reasonably reliable indicator that it's bad, just, I don't know, because? Um, sure I guess?

Frozen and Ultron aren't good comparisons: Ultron was disappointing and Frozen was merely well-executed Disney fare aimed primarily at parents with children (who don't use the internet). Neither were event movies. Both were also arguably not as successful as Disney probably hoped the first of a new series of Star Wars films was going to be.
>>
>>63303283
i'm predicting it'll be way better than i and ii but worse than everything else

my new order will probably be V > KOTOR > IV > III > VI > VII > I > II
>>
>>63303283
79. And 79 is a terrible score for this movie because you know a handful of critics will be paid reviewers. It's gonna be bad.
>>
>>63303283
Nearly all capeshit is rubbish and that still pulls 90%+ (See Avengers) so I can't really say for sure. It will probably be nothing special but still get 80-90%+.

It's just going to be one of those movies you have to see and judge for yourself.
>>
I'm gonna guess 92%
>>
File: Capture (3).jpg (23 KB, 456x308) Image search: [Google]
Capture (3).jpg
23 KB, 456x308
it's going to get obligatory good reviews, since it's star wars.

hype train, popularity, status and nostalgia guarantee positive reviews, lest reviewers face the wrath of mad psuedo-fans.

all the marvel shit routinely gets 80%+ despite being run of the mill mind-numbing cgi action quip fests. I've no doubt that this will do the same.
>>
>>63303998
which KOTOR though? 1 or 2?

choose carefully
>>
>>63303993
I'm giving a good reason why it may not be such a good indicator in this particular case
I don't know why you're so upset
I'm sorry if mickey mouse touched you in an uncomfortable way when you were young
>>
>>63303902
JJ has come out and said that he's doing everything he can to prevent spoilers from leaking out before the premiere.

Disney tried to show the first 15 minutes of the movie like 6 months ago and he put his foot down. He's trying to do everything he can to prevent people from leaking the movie before it's out.

I don't really give a shit whether the movie is good or not, it's probably shit, but that's the reason why they're not releasing screener copies for early reviews.
>>
>>63304184
>this is what jealous redditors tells themselves because they know the movie will get a good score on RT for just being a genuine great film
>>
>>63303383
Hate to be Devil's Advocate, but hardcore Trekkies hate the new Star Trek because JJ basically turned it into Star Wars-lite and dropped all the boring space politics fans like about Star Trek.
>>
>>63304796
Yeah then he added the space politics back in the sequel and it was shit. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
>>
>>63303283
98%

and that's because it'll be an actually great film and not because of all these le "give it a good rating because it's le Star Wars" excuse you jealousfags keep trying to push because you know it's bound to get a high as fuck RT score and it just kills you inside so you make up these fake 'facts' about how it'll be given good reviews based off of pity

trust me if this shit is disappointing the Internet will let JJ and Disney hear about it

its not like the entire world hasn't been shitting on the prequels for 10+ years now
>>
>>63303283
93/95/97 screencap this
>>
>>63304964
noone's going to screencap your guesstimate.
>>
>>63303993
if you really care about whether the movie is good then why don't you wait till its out then watch it and find out?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.