[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally out today >less than 15 review so far what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: krampus.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
krampus.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>literally out today
>less than 15 review so far

what the fuck
>>
>>63302189

when studios think their movies are going to get savaged by critics they won't schedule advanced screenings or they'll set a review embargo that will prevent critics from publishing their reviews until right before the movie is released
>>
Saw it, it's good. Better than I expected tbqh. It's very anti-cliche, if that makes sense. 7/10.
>>
>been Dec 4 for a total of 1 hour and 16 minutes
Fuck you.
>>
>>63302220
Trailers looked like it had a lot of comedy potential?

dis tru?
>>
>>63302254
Yeah some shit is actually funny. Some falls flat but not enough to ruin it. The opening credit sequence is great and when the shit hits the fan near the end it's fucking hilarious and scary all at the same time.
>>
>>63302275
i'm having a hard time believing you but maybe i'll see it when the torrents come out
>>
read the ending. its retarded
>>
>>63302289
Its PG13, so it is tame. But I really liked it. Breath of fresh air compared to all the other shit that's out.
>>
>>63302406
>>63302275
shill.
>>
>>63302451
>I like X
>SHILL!!!
fuck this cesspool
>>
File: krampus.jpg (453 KB, 1024x1582) Image search: [Google]
krampus.jpg
453 KB, 1024x1582
Just got back from this. Call me a shill, don't give a fuck. I run a movie theater so I didn't pay a dime.

It was really enjoyable. There are a lot of quick gags and jokes, but the movie is so fast paced (it's literally like 87 minutes with credits) a lot either don't get the room to breathe and be funny or just fall flat altogether. The characters are likable in an intentionally unlikable way, and Krampus and his assorted monsters are just fucking great. Lots of neat practical effects (the centipede jack in the box swallowing a kid is legitimately unnerving) and a comfy holiday setting that actually makes it a decent Christmas movie too.

And yes, if you read that spoiler, there are children killed onscreen in the movie. You don't see much of that these days and it made me cheer.

>>63302406

The rating didn't really bother me. I could tell they wanted a more profane script but gore wasn't necessary since it was far from, say, Hellraiser. Won't make a difference anyway because it will bomb.

Also I have to say I love the fucking poster. It made me want to see the movie before I even saw the trailer or knew the premise because it looks like one of those old throwaway VHS covers you'd see strolling the horror aisles at Blockbuster. I mean, is this shit hand drawn?
>>
>>63302189
I saw billboards for this and for the longest time I thought it was a Tim and Eric movie.
>>
>>63302669
>Won't make a difference anyway because it will bomb
What makes you say that?

Also, where do you operate your theater? Is it franchised? Does it cost a gorillion dollars to buy and operate?

Also, are all movies digital now, or do they still come on film reels?
do you like it?
>>
>>63302237
>Everybody ignored this guy

He's the right, and here it's not even 4th yet.
>>
>>63302669 here, forgot to mention the ending.

It is a little contrived but if you really expected them to follow through with murdering kids onscreen, you're just delusional. Even when I saw the scene, I knew they'd have to undo this shit in the end for a PG13 rating, and while it bothered me, it didn't ruin the movie by any stretch. Final jump scare was obnoxious and unnecessary though and obviously shoved in by a producer.

I honestly think if the movie had ended after everyone but the main kid gets sucked into the snow and he just wanders off frame, it would have been incredibly depressing but perfect ending. He goes through the same thing the grandma goes through, and ends up the same way - alone.

But I can understand why they added more. That kind of shit clashes in a movie where David Koechner gets attacked by CGI gingerbread men.
>>
>>63302669
I thought it was going to bomb too but there were a shit ton of people at my theater tonight. Fucking comfy as fuck movie tbqfh.
>>
>>63302757
they were all dead at the end though? how is that up for interpretation, it's pretty clear what's happening during the very last shot of the film
>>
Why didn't they give grandma an Austrian accent? What Anglo knows about krampus?
>>
>>63302669
You run a theater? Get good business in there?
>>
>>63302809
>implying you have to speak german to know alpine legends
>>
>>63302669
yeah this movie was pretty brutal to the kids. I was wondering how they were going to do it when I saw the trailers but they just went at it.

The weirdest/worse part of the movie for me was how relatively chill everyone was about their fuckin kids being murdered in front of them. There was hardly any panic, only the mom of all the cousins actually showed any authentic emotion, and that was only occasionally.
>>
>>63302721
>What makes you say that?

Poor marketing and people have a distaste for new horror IPs. It will do decent, maybe double its budget, but it won't be a blockbuster by any means. I can see it being a cult classic about a decade from now though.

>where do you operate your theater? Is it franchised?

Southern US, and yes, it's a Regal theater.

>Does it cost a gorillion dollars to buy and operate?

Yeah but you get budgeted a certain amount. I don't literally own the place, I just climbed the food chain to the highest form of management.

>are all movies digital now, or do they still come on film reels?

Some older theaters still use 35mm projectors but for the most part, they're obsolete. We have Sony digital projectors like most modern theaters and movies come on very large hard drives that are fed into a library server. Or, most recently, simply sent to the library server through satellite. But I worked there back when we had the old film reels and shit and it was a pain in the ass.

>do you like it?

It pays the bills. I love movies and seeing them for free is a nice perk. If you're looking for a job, I would recommend it, especially a smaller theater. Plus they don't drug test, which is how I got the job in the first place.
>>
>>63302757
The ending was dark dude. They were essentially murdered from my interpretation spending eternity in a fucked up perfect Christmas façade, basically hell
>>
>>63302836
It would have just added to it.
>>
>>63302795

Yeah, but Max gets his Christmas wish and everyone's together again. Even if they're trapped in a globe in Krampus' workshop, they could be in an eternal paradise. It could still be interpreted as a good ending if you discount the jump scare (which I do).

Kind of like the end of the first Nightmare on Elm Street. You don't know if it's really over, it's nice and ambiguous, and then some retard producer decided having a Freddy pull a giant blow up doll through a door window was a better final shot.
>>
>>63302877
Did you have to particularly stand out to get to that level of management, or just be a competent employee?

Cause free movies sounds pretty comfy desu
>>
>>63302944

Brand new employees get the free movies benefit, family. It comes with stipulations but that's one of the immediate perks of the lowest level position.
>>
>>63302669

Hey bud what's your policy on singles?
>>
File: krapus.png (160 KB, 719x675) Image search: [Google]
krapus.png
160 KB, 719x675
>5.8/10
>>
>>63302669
>killed on screen

no you idiot

they are literally just kidnapped. Nobody actually dies(except for the truck driver guy) theyre all taken to the underworld to be tortured or w/e remember? Pay attention to the Krampus lore

but yeah its a really great movie

I expect nothing less from the Guy who made Trick R Treat. Also there wasnt much gore just really graphic sound effects.

but anyway here are some nitpicks

>nobody knows wtf happens to everyone else in the neighborhood or the QT sister girl
>Krampus fondly remembered the Grandma but took her anyway even though she was a literal dindu

Also the Krampus helpers are a fucking blast to watch. The wacky sound effects and shennanigans had me laughing out loud.

The ending is also pretty funny and anti-cliche

The kid ask Krampus to return his family and starts crying. Krampus slowly wipes a tear from his eye then stares at it as if he is going to undo everything know that he has learned the meaning of christmas but instead Krampus literally points and laughs at the faggot kid and throws him to hell along with his family
>>
I think theyre alive at the end. They look out at the neighborhood. I think its just Krampus' way of keeping his eye on them if they fuck up again
>>
>>63303045
>literally points and laughs at the faggot kid and throws him to hell along with his family
Holy fucking shit, I kek'd. This sounds like a must-watch.

Also, what's with this director and holiday spirits?
>>
>>63303277
he is really good at capturing the atmosphere of the holidays. I really enjoy his movies I wish my halloweens and Christmases where half as awesome as he depicts.

Its a real blast.

If I had to describe it . Id say its a darker version of the movie "small soldiers" mixed in with that movie "Santa's Slay".

Its fucking great bro.
>>
So does Krampus get any actual lines or is it all just demon noises? If the former, how's his voice?
>>
why did scotty do this?

is he having fun yet?
>>
Watching Gremlins again was fun.
>>
>>63303542
No lines just low guttural howling and snarling. But trust me when I say actions speak louder than words. None of the Demons actually talk or anything.They just giggle and cackle as they terrorize the family.

There is this part where they have this monster cornered and they about to shoot it suddenly some sort of siren gong goes off and the monster starts gleefully clapping. then someone says "oh shit...Its the elves". ride of the Valkeries plays as Troll 2-esque gremlins break into the room S.W.A.T style and surround the hapless family.
>>
>>63303542
No voice. Almost creepier that way. Just saw it in Los Angeles. Really comfy christmas movie. Genuine horror. Cheesy comedy. Instant classic
>>
>>63303818
All right. I can work with that. How about his face? Do we ever get a solid look at him or is it always hooded?
>>
>>63303867
yeah

his face is that of a sunken old man but it's stuck in a perpetual twisted mouth-agape look. Also he has goat pupils and a slender tentacle-esque tounge.His teeth are a mixture of normal human teeth and jagged canines and somehow despite not having a snout he snorts like bull

The creature design for this movie was 10/10
>>
Does he beat the kids for their own good?
>>
>>63303986
For their what now?
>>
>>63303986
The songs in this episode are SO good. Damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 267x181
>>63302211
>tfw the force awakens did this
>>
File: 1440492794985.jpg (2 MB, 1612x2000) Image search: [Google]
1440492794985.jpg
2 MB, 1612x2000
Watched it, give it a 7/10

To the poster about kids getting killed, no one gets killed except for the dhl guy. They're literally kidnapped.

One huge plothole is that no one talks about the other people in the immediate vicinity. From the trailers it felt like they were warped into another reality when the storm hits, but thats not the case.

The ending lol, the fake out, a black guy in my theatre said "shiiiit, really!?" which i thought too, then the realization that the ending wasn't what it seems which recovered the initial let down, but that was quickly thrown out when the jumpscare happens.
>>
I heard Sam from Trick R Treat has a cameo in the film. Anyone know what his cameo is?
>>
>>63304205
that Jumpscare at the end was literally a Five of Nights at Freddy scare. I was laughing my ass off because it actually got some people in my theatre.
>>
YOU GET THE RODDDDDDDDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-hGCeC4mag
>>
>>63304289
Elaborate?

(I'm stuck at work the next few days. I want information.)
>>
>>63304388
All of the killer toys and stuff that attacked them throughout the movie all jump at the movie screen at the end much akin to Five nights at Freddy jumpscare.

not much to it . It just felt incredibly forced. Its a pretty hit or miss ending imo
>>
>>63304422
Ah. So it's like Dark Was the Night. If the director had ended it 10seconds earlier it would have been satisfying.
>>
>>63304602
yeah it was completely unneeded. But it still plays to the "mood" of the movie
>>
>>63302211
The studios can show the movie to the critics, or not show it, but once they've shown it they can't set an "embargo" - how the fuck do you enforce that?
>>
>>63303952
That's not actually his face, towards the end when Max is giving his little speal you can Tell there's a face underneath from the way the eyesockets are disconnected. Perhaps it's actually Santa's face since nobody believes in him and parents just buy all the gifts anyway.
>magic faces don't decompose.
>>
File: travolta bald.jpg (39 KB, 550x659) Image search: [Google]
travolta bald.jpg
39 KB, 550x659
>PG-13

Fuck yourself.
>>
>>63305361
>muh gore

>>>/b/
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.