[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meme scenes before memes were invented, ITT.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_ne4bc1zrcw1qhoa53o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne4bc1zrcw1qhoa53o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x278
Meme scenes before memes were invented, ITT.
>>
>>63302179
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>63302179
>before memes were invented
A meme is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture". A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.
>>
>>63302179
you're a meme
>>
>>63302179
>dinner with some art fags
>get possessed by a ghost
>get up and dance

Please tell me a scene even similar to this....I'll wait.

Now if you want memes direct your attention to Big Fish.

>le giant man friendship awww
>le bank robbers from the 70s
>le circus time stops when in love
>le is not important whats real imagination rules

And those are the ones I can remember but dont shit on Beetlejuice bro.
>>
>>63302209
I dont see how that proves me wrong
>>
File: That's Pretty Fucked Up, Mane.jpg (79 KB, 424x510) Image search: [Google]
That's Pretty Fucked Up, Mane.jpg
79 KB, 424x510
>>63302179
Words could not possibly begin to express the disgust I have towards you right now, original poster.

Nor could this picture.
>>
OP meant scenes that, in today's world, would inspire memes
>>
>>63302258
memes aren't as much an invention as they are a name for a behaviour pattern.
so not really an invention...
no?
>>
>>63302300
Joe Pesci was one of the bigger meme actors of that era. GoodFellas, Cousin Vinny, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone.

Nic Cage in Vampires Kiss is the meme performance of the 80s

Danny Elfman a meme composer for sure.
>>
There is no bigger meme scene than The Last Supper.
>>
Memes are a meme.
>>
>>63302666
Fuck off Satan you weren't invited then and you're not welcome now.
>>
>>63302666
>>
>>63302642
you're far too deep into meme culture, man

get a grip
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.