[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DelToro.jpg (41 KB, 593x202) Image search: [Google]
DelToro.jpg
41 KB, 593x202
Is he right /tv/?
>>
You know Fargo is great because there is such little talk about it on /tv/, instead we have thread after thread of Boyega and cape shit
>>
To be fair, Fargo does rely too much on Coen Brothers references. Which is weird because the show is strong enough to be its own thing without those references kind of shoved into the show.
>>
Fargo is emulating movies, though. Did he forget that?

I really don't get the love for season 2. Its not bad at all but people talk about it like it isn't a mash up of things we've seen in other detective/gangster/noir/lovers on the run/Coen films. Nothing about it feels that original
>>
>>63300997
this guy just sit around critiquing shows instead of making movies? last I heard about him was him sucking off Gravity Falls
>>
>>63301139
>but people talk about it like it isn't a mash up of things we've seen in other detective/gangster/noir/lovers on the run/Coen films.
You can say that for about 99% of tv and film related content that gets released nowadays though. Literally everything is a mash up of influences.

>>63301178
He's out of work ever since Silent Hills got cancelled.
>>
>>63301097

What do you mean?

I've seen the movies but any details beyond the plot is lost on me, I don't feel like I'm missing something from the show.
>>
>>63301209
>what is Crimson Peak

though it didn't do too well.
>>
>>63301209
True. I think people just have an incredibly low bar for tv shows.
>>
>>63301328
Stuff from Miller's Crossing, The Man Who Wasn't There and No Country For Old Men. It kind of does its own thing with these nods, but the fact it feels the need to incorporate these influences in what is a strong show regardless just rubs me the wrong way. Season 2 has been a little better because the nods have been at a minimum compared to season 1, but the fact its still there kind of makes me feel like I'm watching a Coen Brothers fan club.

Two examples I can think of in season 2
>When Bear executes Simone is ripped out of Miller's Crossing
>When Hanzee interrogates the gas station owner is ripped out of No Country for Old Men

Arguably, the UFO plotline could be said to be ripped out of The Man Who Wasn't There, but the show really has made it its own thing at this point that it doesn't feel like a reference.
>>
>>63301097
How is it possible for Fargo to emulate the Coens without ever feeling like the Coens?
>>
How tumblr is Fargo?
>>
>>63301410
The references in S1 weren't as bad since its more or less a remake/redo of Fargo+NCFOM. The references seemed inherent to the plot. In season 2 you get some really overt and unnecessary ones like you mentioned, or Nick Offerman's character doing the Walter/Donny thing in the first episode

I haven't noticed any O Brother Where Art Thou references though. They seem so easy.
>>
>>63301584
>The references in S1 weren't as bad since its more or less a remake/redo of Fargo+NCFOM.
I don't know. I noticed a little too many for my liking, including one's from A Serious Man and The Big Lebowski.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.