[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is there an all black wizard of oz on my TV? Who was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
So why is there an all black wizard of oz on my TV?

Who was clamoring for a remake of the original Wizard of Oz anyways?
>>
>>63299533
>West Coast

Kill yourself
>>
>>63299533
>never saw the wiz with michael jackson

kill urself my man
>>
File: 1448996873353.png (64 KB, 168x234) Image search: [Google]
1448996873353.png
64 KB, 168x234
>>63299533
You're only around 40 years late with this remark
>>
Fucking Dindus ruining everything..
>>
>>63299533
>>63299669
Get off the computer and go to bed, you have school in the morning and you can't miss the school bus
>>
this wiz had some fantastic songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4RMAmYUHF8
>>
>>63299533
Did anyone on /tv/ besides me watch it? I thought it was really enjoyable, and I don't typically like musicals.
>>
>>63299887
>this wiz had some fantastic songs.
No it didn't. It won 7 Tonys because of affirmative action.
>>
>>63299533

>blacks blatantly appropriating white culture
>ripping off one of the greatest pieces of cinema ever not once but twice

What's next? Black Annie?
>>
>>63299932

Anon, I...
>>
>>63299932
I never saw Black Annie, but I'm sure it sucked because its source material was shit.
The Wiz is freakin' ambrosia. The play, not the Joel Schumaker travesty
>>
>>63299887
I wouldn't call this a great song, soul music in general is just very agreeable. Its mediocre but hard to really be bothered by
>>
>>63300221
>being this autistic
>>
Did they shoehorn Christmas into the script like with Peter Pan Live?
>>
>>63299827
No he has a point.

The original Wiz was great.

This remake is absolutely unnecessary.
>>
>>63299900
We had a live thread with nearly 500 replies so yes you were the only one. >>63289896
>>
the original wiz scared me as a kid but so did the thriller video
>>
>>63300645
>This remake is absolutely unnecessary.
How is it a remake? It's a performance of a play. Plays are intended to be performed many times.
>>
>>63300592
How is it autistic to call something inoffensive in so many words

>>63300645
From what I've seen of The Wiz they do enough differently in song, story, visual design that it justifies its existence. Changing the setting from escaping a drab farm to inner city Harlem makes perfect sense. I'd rather see a remake change things up like that than just retell the same story with different actors
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.