[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fassbender >Cotillard >Irons Could this... could this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].jpg (336 KB, 775x835) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
336 KB, 775x835
>Fassbender
>Cotillard
>Irons

Could this... could this be legitimately good?
>>
>>63298957
name one decent video game movie? Of course it's not gonna be good
>>
>>63298957
I wouldn't get my hopes up

The only thing that people are going to like about this movie is Fassbender's performance
>>
>Irons
He is well known for giving it his all in trash movies.
>>
>videogame movies
>good
>>
>>63298984
Street fighter, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Doom
>>
>>63298999
trips of truth
>>
>>63298984
silent hill nigga
>>
>>63299023
Movies not run of the mill flicks.
>>
>>63298957
I doubt it'll be great but with the cast it might not be bad. It'll most like be one of if not the best video game movie to date.
>>
Wait wait wait

Michael Kenneth Williams is in this too?
>>
Of course not. You're so easily manipulated. It's going to take more than some tactical meme actor casting to stop this from being a shitfest.

Want to trick impressionable retards into being "Hype" for your worthless movie? Cast some semi-legitimate flavor of the month actor and you'll have a bunch of fedora clad retards waiting in line day one spouting "fkkn based fassbender" as they spray cheeto dust in each other's faces.

The man is in literal capeshit. Zero credibility.
>>
Honestly I think the premise of Assassin's Creed could work pretty well as a movie. Will it be good? Probably not, but the potential is there.
>>
>>63298957
>series that made 7 bad games in a row (not even including the spinoffs)
>series that has no idea what direction it's taking
>>
It has the potential to be good.
It has a great director and some of the best dramatic actors of the past decade.
There is also a goldmine of material for it's potential seeing as it places fictional characters in non-fictional historical settings.
It also probably won't be CGI heavy like other video game movies.
>>
>>63299265
at least they've got lots of material to pick and choose from
>>
>>63298984
Edge of Tomorrow / Live. Die. Repeat
>>
Writers:
Bill Collage & Adam Cooper - Tower Heist; The Transporter: Refueled; Exodos: Gods & Kings; New York Minute; Accepted

Michael Leslie - Macbeth (which is really the only thing he's done, it's based on existing material and was co-written with two other people so it's difficult to know how much he was involved)

I have doubts that this will be good
>>
Despite all the naysaying, I think it could be good because there's no reason the movie has to conform to any of the convoluted, shitty games. This can pretty much just take the recognizable brand name and make an original movie.

It's not like there's so many die hard fans of the Ass creed story and characters that being unfaithful will ruin ticket sales.
>>
Please tell me they won't bother with the whole fucking stupid modern day virtual reality dna video games anus shit and just let it be a period action movie.
>>
File: 1430161860449.gif (1000 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
1430161860449.gif
1000 KB, 500x207
>Cotillard
>>
>>63299546
What video game is that based on? I thought it was a comic.
>>
>>63299697
Why would they ignore the only thing that makes Ass Creed unique?
>>
>>63298984
edge of tomorrow
avalon
resident evil 1
prince of persia
mortal kombat
>>
>>63299740
Because it's fucking stupid and was only there to meta explain game conventions such as invisible walls and cutscenes and stuff.
>>
>>63299697
the modern day thing would fit in a lot more naturally in a film over a video game

problem is it will still likely fall into the easy pitfall of being "here's joe schmo present day, oh whooooaaaaaa he stumbles across this craaazy portal to the paaaaaast"
>>
>>63299744
None of these qualify.
>>
>>63299737
It's not her fault, Nolan only let her do one take
>>
>>63299546
>>63299744
>edge of tomorrow
is this some new meme im not aware of?
>>
>>63299738
It's a book, actually.
>>
>>63298957
Could be. The main problem with video game movies is that they try to adapt an 8hr.+ game story to a 2 hr. movie. The fact that this movie just expands the universe could make it work.
>>
Actors don't make a movie good.
>>
>>63299738
>>63299929

it's not based on a videogame, but its narrative very closely resembles video game gameplay

as it stands, it it the best videogame movie, it just happens to not be based on a videogame
>>
>>63300248
shut the fuck up
>>
>>63299929
People call it a videogame movie because the main character lives, dies, and repeats. Just like a videogame
>>
>>63300287
So is groundhog day a video game too? Fuck ioff asbdbc sxkvjz mavegvkjcxsvd//vv /v/v/ dastiwith your stupid fucking memetic thought piece of shit, \zfuvdsj\nc z\n
>>
File: charlie-brown.jpg (23 KB, 476x471) Image search: [Google]
charlie-brown.jpg
23 KB, 476x471
>>63300248
By that weird ass logic Matrix is the best video game movie

Also
>Select all images with street names.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGG
>>
>>63299040
Had absolutely nothing to do with the video game. Was good because it was a standalone.
>>
>>63300332
how does The Matrix resemble a video game?

>>63300310
actually, it kind of is

Groundhog Day is sort of like the best point-and-click-adventure video game movie (again, though, not based on an actual video game)
>>
>>63300369
Literally kill yoiusfij\zb xzmjg cdsh vjcmcv\xxzv kz|J hx\hzmemeqmememememememwmmwmwemwemwqe jkcxzn d\msvanbzNBD NBG
>>
>>63300362
DING DING DING

that's the best way to make a good video game movie - only take surface elements from it and craft something original
>>
>>63300407
that's exactly what they're doing with AC
>>
>>63300403
did you have a stroke?
>>
>>63298957
do these studios really have enough money to give these a listers a big enough check where they wont give a fuck about the artistic merit of the project? i mean maybe itll be good but it probably wont
>>
>>63299199
>implying he wasn't GOAT in Hunger, Shame, 12 years a slave and Fish Tank
Fucking pleb
>>
>>63298957
no
>>
>>63299697
yeah great Idea, lets discard the single original thing
>>
I got into Assasin's Creed just after III came out. Then IV was neat. And the next was a rushed piece of shit.

I enjoyed the historical settings, especially Italy and Turkey and the Holy Land.

Of course the movie is gonna be a whole other side story. I realy like that. I'd rather movies tell a whole story instead of adapting what the games already told.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.