[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does DC cause so much controversy whenever they put something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: Stay Down Little Bitch.png (516 KB, 1001x786) Image search: [Google]
Stay Down Little Bitch.png
516 KB, 1001x786
Why does DC cause so much controversy whenever they put something new out? Is being controversial apart of their plan?
>>
>>63296871
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>63296871
> Is being controversial apart of their plan?

That's a big plan.
>>
>>63296871

People care more about these characters so much that it's impossible to make everyone happy.
>>
>>63296871
>Why does DC cause so much controversy

Because everything they make is shit.
>>
>>63296871
>british teeth

why are they so disgusting?
>>
>>63296871
>henry cavill will never destroy your boipussy
JUST
>>
>>63297438
Is it a pride thing? He's fucking rich and payed to be handsome. Why do your celebs do this, britfags?
>>
>Civil War trailer shows Rhodey being severely injured or dead
>shows the Cap team charging
>shows Cap and Bucky beating Iron Man
>"wow I'm so hype for this film!"

>BvS shows little glimpse of Doomsday and WONDER WOMAN
>"WOW THEY SHOWED EVERYTHING IN THE TRAILER SHIT WARNER BROTHERS SHIT MOVIE NO SURPRISES LEFT"

How do you explain this double standard people have?
>>
>>63297541

because marvel has a well established fan base and DC is just launching their universe-- couple that with the fact that man of steel had a small amount of folks who really didn't like it -- and you've got a bunch of people who will overreact at anything that is revealed that doesn't 100% conform to their expectations
>>
Jews are trying to destroy Warner because it is the only major studio that is not fully in their hands.
>>
>>63297541

the double standard only exists here and a couple other places. the reality is that the majority of people (myself included) were satisfied with the trailer and are looking forward to the third one and also all upcoming stuff for civil war. but hey, let the autists chuck potatoes at each other, who cares
>>
>>63297541
>Batman vs Superman
The result of this premise was a mystery. Now we know they just work together after fighting a bit.

No one is 'surprised' by WW we all knew she would appear - but she's just here to fight Doomsday to.

In short, Doomsday should not be in this movie - but as a twist it wouldn't have harmed their sales. They just blew a bunch of it away.
>>
Sadly, everything they do is compared to Disney's Marvel franchise, even if their movies are incredibly different attempts at portraying superheroes. Sucks because they overall have the best stories in the comics, hopefully Terrio has done a good job.
>>
>>63296871

SUPERMAN and BATMAN are ICONS, cultural ICONS and everyone has an idea of how they are and an opinion even if they don't like them. Everyone younger than 70 in Europe, north america, South america, the middle east and india had a strong contact with them.

Marvel has some pop characters. but no one really cares about them.

Batman and Superman are bigger figures than DRACULA, that's a big responsability and that means ever if you get liked by 99% of your target audience there will be even more people that hates what you do.
>>
>>63296871
Because they keep putting out dumb shit. If they had cut it just short of Doomsday's reveal and just had Lex doing some big scary shit they would not have this backlash.
>>
>>63297848

you have it completely backwards. everyone knew that bats and supes would end up friends, that was never a "mystery". what we DON'T know is how the fight against doomsday will end. most are assuming the trinity will win, which they will- but will supes die? he could.
>>
>>63300172
>but will supes die? he could.
>Superman will die before the Justice League forms

This is either excellent bait or the worst DC defending I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>63297438
aren't superman's teeth canonically perfect?
>>
>>63297848
>The result of this premise was a mystery. Now we know they just work together after fighting a bit.

This is a surprise? I mean, really? Did people expect them to duke it out until one or the other dies or something?

The basic outline movie has either been known or been easily guessed since the title came out: First the Batman v Superman bit happens, then the Dawn of Justice bit happens. Act 1 is setup, Act 2 is them fighting, Act 3 is the teamup against the greater foe. Only thing that hasn't been revealed is the foe next to Lex, which is what the trailer showed. And considering Doomsday is going to get more powerful and grow more spikes as he gets hurt, we haven't even seen his final look yet. Nor other surprises like Aquaman, etc.

It's the exact same plot as Civil War: Act 1 is setup, Act 2 is them fighting, Act 3 is the teamup against the greater foe. In that case it's (fucking yet again) HYDRA and their leader Baron Zemo.
>>
File: Mike experiencing heart disease.png (785 KB, 913x1178) Image search: [Google]
Mike experiencing heart disease.png
785 KB, 913x1178
>>63296871
>those horrible teeth
>>
>>63296871
Fuck his teeth are terrifying
>>
>>63296913
For you.
>>
>>63297396
>everything they make is shit
Just like your moma vagina
>>
>>63296871
youre confusing Controversy with Shit
>>
>>63300547

>horrible teeth

Those are pretty amazing teeth to have naturally for modern times.
>>
>>63297541
The civil war trailed was generic as shit and the batman v superman trailer was awkward and gave away too much
>>
>>63297593
A lot of people didnt like man of steel check out its reviews
>>
>>63300209
This. DC isnt going to permanently kill of their second biggest cash cow. If he does "die" in bvs it will be at the end of the movie after fighting doomsday and batman will pull some gadget out of his ass and science a way to save/bring him back to life.
>>
>>63300738
Maybe if you live in a third world shithole where every other kid is born with an extra limb, but by modern standards those teeth are no where near amazing or even decent.
>>
>>63300209
>>63300831

>I never said permanently

the only time supes has ever died -- at the hands of guess who? fucking doomsday -- he came back to life. they could absolutely kill him and resurrect him before or during JLA part one.

I love when people try to argue shit they know nothing about~~~
>>
>>63300547
Britbongs believe braces get in the way of praising Allah.
>>
>>63300890
>the only time supes has ever died
He never even died.

I love when people try to argue shit they know nothing about~~~
>>
>>63296871
>that bottom row of teeth

guess you can't win em all
>>
>>63300890
I'm the second poster you linked not the first also in your post that the other guy responded to you never said anything about him coming back to life.
>>
>>63300923

okay, fucking power coma then. the closest thing to death that he can experience. chill your tits.
>>
>>63301024
Took you long enough to google that.

And Superman won't die, Doomsday in this movie is only Doomsday in name, he's Bizarro in function.
>>
>>63301084
Bizzarro would have been better, IMO.
>>
>>63301084

kid. fucking chill. whether or not you believe it I own a worn out paperback copy of the novelization of the death of superman and I read it for the first time when I was 10. and you also know exactly how the movie will play out apparently, cool! where did you see it? stop being so mad
>>
>>63301159
Nigga it is Bizarro in a more casual friendly way.
>>
>>63301184
WOAH WE GOT BAD ASS HERE. He got his first comic last week, right when he turned 10.
>>
>>63301219

that's the kind of response I expected. enjoy being a superior being because everything you like is so much better than everything I like and you're also correct about everything and I'm a faggot. bye
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.