[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaspar noe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: gaspar noe.jpg (48 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
gaspar noe.jpg
48 KB, 400x600
He gave a "masterclass" on argentina yesterday.

Not just about love, lots of things.
What do you think about his work /tv/?

If you even consider using the words fedora, kek or DRUGS LMAO just delete what you were writing and leave.
>>
Only seen ETV and i really dug that movie even if it dragged on too long. Anything which deviates from standard film grammar always excites me and I think that was a film which did it in a way that supported the concept and worked better than vanilla camera coverage.

Haaaaving said that -- I think the fact that he's chummy with Vincent Gallo says a lot about his ethos though. (rebellious teenager)
>>
>>63294770
Meme director, GTFO w his memes
>>
>>63294915
he's really down to earth and kinda shy. Or so he seemed. A very chill and straightfoward man, keeping it simple

i like your analysis anyways
>>
>>63294947
Meme Post. I hope the irony of that isn't lost on you
>>
File: 1411355435907.jpg (397 KB, 745x2412) Image search: [Google]
1411355435907.jpg
397 KB, 745x2412
Argentina is white.
>>
>>63294770
>He gave a "masterclass" on argentina yesterday.

He is a hack, shitheads on film schools only circlejerk about his shit career because he is technically still doing student level shit but he is getting payed

fuck him and the ignorant nitwits that follow him.
>>
>>63295241
>student level
>enter the void

yeah, nice try
>>
>>63295075
That's actually interesting that his personality doesn't match the transgression nature of his subject matter.

Did he discuss anything in respect to Argentinian culture to his films?
>>
>>63295290
he couldn't think of any argentinians that influenced him besides his father, leonardo favio, and some guy with italian name that's probably not a director either.
>>
>>63295405
Got any dot points from this lecture? I'm mildly interested
>>
>>63295615
i didn't really take any, but he was pretty clear about certain things, for example:

>the camerawork is mostly done by him, he's also skilled with lights but often uses some guy for that
>scripts for irreversible and love are about 6 pages long each.
>most dialogue is made up on the run, just setting a "mood"

that's on the top of my head, you can ask and i'll try to remember anything else
>>
>>63295078
>MUH RAPE SCENE
>MUH DMT
>MUH SEX SCENES
every movie can be summed up with one single meme
>>
>>63295693
thanks! The ol' "I'll work from a treatment and we'll write scenes as we go" approach -- isn't that what Antonioni did (can any anons confirm?)

Uhhh off the top of my head I'd ask:

-Does he have a preconceived plan of what films he wanted to make in his career, or is it always a struggle to come up with a new idea after the last film is done?
-Did he say anything about color and color palette in his films?
-What kind of music does he like?
-Any films he said influenced him?
>>
>>63295165

Buenos Aires is white
>>
>>63295831
>Does he have a preconceived plan of what films he wanted to make in his career, or is it always a struggle to come up with a new idea after the last film is done?
he had enter the void and love on his "to make" list for a while. And he probably has many other ideas of his own planned. He said he doesn't wanna make anything that doesn't come from him (like remakes or whatever script they send him). Irreversible was made up quickly since the protagonists didn't wanna make "love" and he wanted to work with "the most famous couple in french cinema"

>Did he say anything about color and color palette in his films?
Besides the fact that he probably makes a more complex technical script about what colors and takes he'll have during the film, than the dialogue script, no. He really cares about color altough he didn't explain the meanings or anything deeper about em.
>What kind of music does he like?
someone asked him about techno and he told us this story about the first time he did ecstacy and went to a techno place and had the best time of his life, so he was into techno for like 10 years. No more information on his musical taste that i remember
>>
>>63295831
>Any films he said influenced him?
eraserhead and some other film i can't recall now. It was like.. very obvious but i can't remember
>>
>>63296279
2001?
>>
>>63297153
It was something else, but he also mentioned that murphy from love is basically him, so in a way, yes.
>>
>>63295165
OBELISCO
B
E
L
I
S
C
O
>>
>>63294770
bump
>>
>>63294915

dont you mean korine?
>>
>>63294770
He's a hack.
>>
>>63300454
fuck off, that's no proper criticism.
There's a reason why he's on cannes and everything.

Although, you might be sorta right, he finished love on 4 weeks, rushing, to be able to BE on cannes.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>63294770
His best work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BOBEZL9sk
>>
>>63294770
FEDORA
C U C K
DUDE WEED LMAO
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.