[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (56 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
56 KB, 1024x691
Leaked spoilers. Pretty much confirmed by the trailer.

>"Watchmen"-esque prologue detailing Batman's origin.

>Bruce Wayne in Metropolis during the battle between Superman and General Zod. The Wayne Financial Building is destroyed and Wayne blames Superman for the rampant destruction.

>Montage of Superman helping people across the world (the exploding rocket, the flood, the massive fire) and dividing public opinion, with some viewing him as a hero and others as a menace.

>18 months later, Clark Kent is a low-level reporter at the Daily Planet and wants to write an expose on Batman, whom he believes is a dangerous viglante. Wayne is tormented by the deaths of Robin and Commissioner James Gordon and has become increasingly more violent.

>Lex Luthor is a technology mogul from Metropolis who provides weapons for the United States government, and is studying Kryptonian technology recovered from the invasion. He believes Superman should be destroyed and discovers Kryptonite through his experiments.

>Luthor is also monitoring meta-humans for weaponization purposes, and his experiments are being monitored by Diana, an immortal warrior masquerading as a wealthy humanitarian. Kent, Wayne and Diana attend a fundraiser promoted by Luthor where they all profile each other.

>Lois Lane is covering civil war on a Middle Eastern country, Nairomi. When insurgents ambush her convoy, Superman saves her, but causes an international incident and is called to the Congress to testify by Senator Finch.

>Superman seeks Lois and Martha Kent for guidance, while Wayne voices his mistrust of Superman to Alfred Pennyworth.
>>
I dunno I have a feeling from the latest trailer that the film is a bit more goofy than this is giving credit for
>>
File: 2.jpg (150 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
150 KB, 1600x900
>At the hearing, Superman refuses to subject himself to the government. Luthor engineers a bombing for which Superman is blamed, damaging his reputation. Wayne has a nightmare in which Superman conquers Earth and decides to preemptively destroy him.

>Batman breaks into LexCorp to steal Kryptonite. Luthor uses this to manipulate Superman into attacking Batman in Gotham, but Batman escapes.

>Meanwhile, Senator Finch gives Luthor access to Zod's corpse to create an anti-Superman weapon should Superman go rogue.

>Batman lures Superman into a confrontation and uses a series of Kryptonite-based weaponry to damage him, but the fight culminates in a standstill as both realize they've been manipulated by Luthor.

>Superman confronts Luthor, who has kidnapped Martha. He then activates Doomsday, a monster created out of Zod's DNA, who wreaks havoc in Metropolis. Superman and Batman join forces to stop him and are aided by the arriving Wonder Woman and the United States military.

>Superman takes the fight out of the city and has the military nuke the area, willing to sacrifice himself to destroy Doomsday, but while Doomsday is destroyed, Superman survives the nuclear blast.

>Luthor is exposed and arrested.

>Batman seizes his meta-human registry and decides to assemble a cohesive line of defense for Earth rather than remain fearful of what uncheked super-humans might do. He then recruits Aquaman, the Flash and Cyborg to the Justice League.

fin.
>>
File: gazaburning.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
gazaburning.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
>>63290833
oh its plenty goofy
>>
>>63290690
>"Watchmen"-esque prologue detailing Batman's origin

Because clearly we need to see this shit all over again.
>>
>>63290992
>The way he braces

Wait...does this Batman suit restrict movement in Aflecks arms? That's hilarious
>>
>>63290833
Goofy is a good summary after seeing Doomsday and wonderjew
>>
>>63290690
>called by congress

Fucking americans, hes not even human, its not in your jurisdiction!!!!
>>
>>63291011

See, this is where I think DC is dropping the fucking ball with the Cinematic Universe.

What we're getting
>A cinematic universe
>3 separate DC universes on TV

What we COULD have gotten if DC weren't retards with their IP
>A single universe
>Films detail huge plot points
>Arrow/Flash/Gotham/Supergirl TV series used for world building and back stories
>>
>>63290833
>I dunno I have a feeling from the latest trailer that the film is a bit more goofy than this is giving credit for

Is the inverse of what marvel does: they try to make their comedies look like thrillers, this tries to tell the "no jokes rule" people that the film does has some jokes
>>
>>63291088
The flash barely fits into Arrow's world, how the fuck would it fit into Man of steelman's?
>>
>>63291088
The writing in those tv shows is atrocious and the actors are terrible.

If I knew the dc movies were connected to flash, arrow or supergirl I would not want to see them.
>>
>>63290873
The people who whined about Man of Steel would have a field day with that nuke thing even outside of a city
>>
>>63291126

Not my job.

>>63291158

Writing and acting in all capeshit is terrible. At least this way we have a cohesive universe without the token 10 minutes screen time dedicated to origins.
>>
>>63290690
2 flashback scenes before the movie actually starts what is this Naruto
>>
>>63291226
But it's your job to come up with terrible ideas?
>>
>>63291269

That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>63291032
the suit is cgi
>>
>>63291269
How is suggesting that world building be done in auxiliary media as opposed to crammed in to 2 hours a year a terrible idea? Show your working.
>>
>>63291282
i'm just shitposting
>>
>mfw its up to based Ayer now
>>
>>63291335

Oh okay homie
>>
>>63290873
>Superman takes the fight out of the city and has the military nuke the area, willing to sacrifice himself to destroy Doomsday, but while Doomsday is destroyed, Superman survives the nuclear blast.

its like stop my invincible son all over again.
>>
>>63291377
>>63290873
The dark knight returns
>>
How can ONE TRAILER utterly ruin the hype for a film that was supposed to be a return to form?

>We want the Marvel audience!
>Oh shit Marvel just did a great trailer
>Quick, rush edit some memes together
>>
>>63291498
why are people saying the civil war trailer is good? it killed most of my interest
>>
>>63291088
Making the tv shows part of the same universe would have restricted everything way too much to make them as good as they are or have been. Flash would definitely not have been given a tv show, he'd be movie-exclusive. They also wouldn't waste the big villains on tv, not even in Gotham as an origin story for them.

And it's not like the Marvel tv shows benefit from being part of the same universe anyway, it's usually just a throwaway line that comes off a bit forced. Like that dumb line in Agents of Shield about how one of the characters used to "fangirl" over Tony Stark and camped outside of his office building one time or something like that. Just useless.
>>
>>63291168
According to people who read it, the script is full of references to that.

>Superman says "I won't snap your neck, I will take you to jail" to Luthor

>General Swanwick says "Superman will take the fight out of the city, because he's a hero, and that's what they do"

>Everyone who holds Superman accountable for the destruction of Metropolis is presented in an unsympathetic light: As evil (Luthor), misguided (Batman and the Senator) or ignorant (the anti-Superman protesters with signs such as "GOD HATES ALIENS")

>Everyone loves and believes in Superman, and naysayers are presented as a vocal minority of stupid people.

Script is fueled by equal parts salt and meta.
>>
>>63291576
Do you believe that or did you just make it up?
>>
Aquaman and co just show up with no build-up to register to the JLA?
>>
>>63291689
>implying anyone actually enjoyed the setup movies for the avengers
>>
>>63290873
>Wayne has a nightmare in which Superman conquers Earth and decides to preemptively destroy him.
kek

>Batman lures Superman into a confrontation and uses a series of Kryptonite-based weaponry to damage him, but the fight culminates in a standstill as both realize they've been manipulated by Luthor.
I don't like this dumbfuck Batman
>>
>>63291574
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. has found it's groove within the MCU now and is pretty good.

But I agree. While they COULD, Warner would never give Flash the creative leeway it deserves and take advantage of how popular it is.
>>
>>63291596
It's been leaked by reliable sources.
>>
>>63291032
fake muscle padding restricts movement
>>
>>63291838
they're reliable? thank god
>>
>>63290992
>Not wearing green biker shorts.

D R O P P E D
>>
>>63291067
Resident alien of Kansas.
>The world is under US jurisdiction
>>
>>63290992
I hope that's not the actual Doomsday, but a prototype. He looks silly and using a big villain like him at the start of the DC cinematic universe is a dumb move
>>
>>63291067

>the greatest superpower on earth has no jurisdiction over an alien residing on earh

ISIS confirmed
>>
>>63291998
Yeah we should build up to it with 8 movies first. Can't wait for Thanos right guys?
>>
>>63291498

>Marvel just did a great trailer

Marvel shill confirmed Civil war trailer is ass
>>
File: 1449053922280.jpg (428 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1449053922280.jpg
428 KB, 1920x800
>>63291498
>marvel just did a great trailer
>>
>>63292042
No I didn't mean it like that. It's just that Doomsday is the one that kills Superman, everyone is shocked because Superman went through a lot of shit and survived, so he seemed invincible. Including Doomsday in this movie is stupid because you already know he will not be able to kill Superman, because the cinematic universe just started.
They should've used him in the next Superman or Justice League movie
>>
>>63291706
The spoilers make it sound like they appear at the very end and join the JLA right away with next to no explanation. They are not mentioned anywhere else in the script.
>>
>>63290690
>>63290873
zzz
>>
>>63290690
BATMAN V SUPERMAN
is V for 5 or Venom?
Is it a hoax?
Will you send me to >>>>>>/v/?
>>
>>63291716
serioisly. bruce is supposed to be mentally on par with lex
>>
>dawn of JUST
>>
>>63292375
They're known to exist, like how Iron Man 2 knew about all the other fuckers in the world with powers.
>>
>>63292143
Or we kill the Superman and people go... oh fuck who's gonna save us now... JUSTICE LEAGUE!
>>
>>63290992
why does batman have a gun?
wtf?
>>
>>63293198

Batman pretty commonly decks himself out with hardware like that. Grenade launchers, grappling guns, all sorts of shit.

For whatever reason, Batman's hate of guns usually only extends to guns that actually shot bullets. Put something bat-shaped or explosive in there and he's on board.
>>
>>63291998
Doomsday is shit, senpai. If they're going to use it, better dispatch this piece of crap quickly.

I would've preferred Lex to create some kind of Frankenstein's monster version of Bizarro using Zod's body. That way at least we would have Michael Shannon's crazy face on screen again instead of spiky Hulk.
>>
>>63292823
An Oberon a supreme strategist second to none, except for Titania, his wife.
When He's angry however.....anger clouds his judgement. If you remember the trailers, Bruce looks pissed and out of it. He probably was a great detective earlier but he's lost robin and gordon, and now he fears an alien invasion and wants to stop a god like being. he's horribly distracted as would be any mortal.

stop reaching.

>>63290690
>>63290873

although i'm financially strapped for cash, I will be there life last. thank you. i will support this movie, and Captain America.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.