[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how? the former was so much better. is it cause WW II is not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: rrr.png (367 KB, 1188x917) Image search: [Google]
rrr.png
367 KB, 1188x917
how?

the former was so much better.

is it cause WW II is not allowed to be fun?
>>
>>63290527
>the former was so much better.

No it fucking wasn't. Are you jewish?
>>
>>63290551
German, mate
>>
>>63290551
>Are you jewish?
someone didn't understand the movie
>>
>>63290527

Agreed. Django is his worst film, save for Death Proof. Basterds is pretty good.
>>
>>63290551
Yes it fucking was. Are you a nigger?
>>
Who gives a fuck about Metacritic? They have almost identical ratings at RT.
>>
>>63291334
Hmm correct.

Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Jackie Brown > Inglourious Basterds > Kill Bill > Django > Death Proof
>>
>>63291429
this is 100% correct
>>
>>63291429
I'd swap Jackie Brown with Pulp Fiction personally.

Pulp Fiction came across as tryhard too often for my tastes.
>>
>>63291380
Metacritic is less plebby
>>
>>63291429
Surprisingly accurate.
I'd consider everything below Jackie Brown to be different levels of shit though.
>>
White guilt trumps all.
>>
File: burnitdown.gif (951 KB, 500x237) Image search: [Google]
burnitdown.gif
951 KB, 500x237
oui shoshanna
>>
>>63291429
Honestly I would go
Resevoir Dogs > Jackie Brown >Pulp Fiction > Kill Bill Vol. 1 > Inglorious Basterds > Kill Bill Vol. 2 > Django > Deathproof.
>>
File: crimson-tide.15798.jpg (313 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
crimson-tide.15798.jpg
313 KB, 1000x1500
>>63291429
pretty close
Jackie Brown > Pulp Fiction > Reservior Dogs > Inglourious Basterds > Kill Bill > Django > Death Proof

Also wanna throw crimson tide in there. watched it for the first time last weekend and that dialog is hella tarantino. Awesome movie. like if a michael bay movie actually had a good screenplay.
>>
>>63290527

I think Basterds is a more confrontational movie. It's obvious that one of the main points of the film is that we're meant to feel uncomfortable with the brutality on screen, particularly the mass execution that occurs inside the movie theater during the climax of the movie. I think some people were probably confused about Tarantino's intentions. Django obviously aims for a similar thing but less so because the climactic bloodbath seems to be fought on even terms rather than a group of assassins murdering a theater full of defenseless people.

Django was the far more morally simplistic of the two to get behind.

But yeah, Basterds is way, way better than Django's ridiculous sprawl and eventual boredom. Also may have something to do with the fact that not many people have seen a lot of slavery movies whereas we've all seen a lot of WWII movies.
>>
>>63291737
What a shit list, faggot. You're trying too hard.
>>
>>63291742
>Django's ridiculous sprawl and eventual boredom.
thats exacly my issue with django, it seems to lose focus at time at feels like you watch many episodes of a tv show rather than one movie.

basterds is rather slow too but still progresses
>>
>>63291380
Metacritic is a much better rating system. RT overly favors the inoffensive because individual reviews are binary good/bad
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.