[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I myself am not a big reader, and after some google research
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I myself am not a big reader, and after some google research I still can't find much for ideas.

As part of my University coursework I need to create a short film from a scene adapted from a novel or short story. The piece will be around 7 minutes long, maybe just over.

I am looking for something interesting, something fun to watch and film, and fun for the actors to act in. Must ideally have a female lead role as my close friend has agreed to act and she has spent her whole life in acting schools. This will be for her showreel too.

No idea on genre, but something kooky/arty. Fantasy etc would obviously be hard to recreate, horror can look very tacky unless done well and good plot/production. I'm thinking maybe psychotic? Something interesting though.

Thanks in advance, any help would be great and much appreciated.

If there are strong female lead roles in novels or scenes from a novel that you think would be great please fire away! Will try involve as few characters as possible (saves having many actors)

Pic related, deadline is soon and this is my life generally :)
>>
What is kooky my friend?
>>
>>63290087
Adapt a scene from John Core.
>>
>>63290087
Adapt The Rats In The Walls by HP Lovecraft so you can call a cat Nigger Man on film
>>
>>63290087

do an adaptation of The Yellow Wallpaper. It's about a woman forced into bed rest in a locked room that ultimately leads to her losing her mind and seeing a shadowy figure behind the wallpaper. also has the benefit of being an early feminist story which will score you points with your professor
>>
>>63290143

Kooky, I just mean a bit odd and different maybe. Preferably not a simple love story, something can have fun with and play around with and make arty. Though I think im thinking too deeply about it.

>>63290178

I will look that up now, appreciate the help. ngl I thought it said John Cena at first.

>>63290207

Haha, is the novel any good besides that? I call my cat Nigger Man all the time though saying it on film would be quite funny.
>>
>>63290381
>HP Lovecraft
>novel
It'll take you like 15 minutes to read dude, it's just a short story.
>>
>>63290333

What you described sounds brilliant! I will look it up now, you're a diamond. Massive thanks.

As it has few characters it sounds good, the actress says she's a feminist so she would be happy for it and it gives her a chance to fully show her acting potential. Sounds easy enough for locations and actors for us too based on your description but I will research that now. Thanks again!
>>
>>63290469

no problem, good luck. there are a few things in the story that might be difficult to get on film with no budget but I'm sure you can find a way around them.

Bergman made a quasi-adaptation of the story with his Through the Glass Darkly so if you need further inspiration you could always check that movie out if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>63290469

Well it's settled then. Best of luck for you pal.
>>
Do a lovecraft story. Can be artsy about it pretty easily, but won't be too difficult as the horror isn't really based on monsters as it is the mind.
>>
>>63290853

The Yellow Wallpaper sounds too perfect, but I will read my coursework brief and see if it matches the criteria we need.

If Lovecraft fits the similar criteria that is great too, I will look that up in a minute also and make a decision.

So stoked with the small but azaming response. Thank you
>>
/tv/ - Do my homework
>>
>>63290381
>I will look that up now, appreciate the help.
It's a really fucking funny shit script. If you're looking to get into comedy, read the hell out of it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.