[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Fargo thread? oookay then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: season 2.png (407 KB, 880x495) Image search: [Google]
season 2.png
407 KB, 880x495
No Fargo thread?

oookay then
>>
File: ed-peggy.jpg (136 KB, 746x498) Image search: [Google]
ed-peggy.jpg
136 KB, 746x498
>you will never marry Peggy
>>
>>63287893
Thank fucking christ

I don't need to come home and almost be killed by the guy my wife ran over when I'm a few weeks from buying my own butcher shop

Not to mention the literal hording
>>
File: Peggy's Vision.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Peggy's Vision.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
>>63287940

And the corpses
>>
>>63288005
and the hallucinations
>>
Latest episode was amazing. Suspense, playing with forshadowing and some neat dark humor. I love this show.
>>
is there a new episode tonight or something

why make a thread?
>>
>>63289328
I dunno when it's released worldwide but in Germany we get a new episode every thursday.
>>
>>63289328
People like to talk about currently airing shows.
Please stop being an autist.
>>
Why does Hanzee keep calling Ed a "redhead"?

He's obviously blonde.
>>
File: cristin-milioti.jpg (12 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
cristin-milioti.jpg
12 KB, 380x380
Cancercute
>>
I watched this show specifically to find something about it to shitpost about on here and I came up with nothing.

begrudgingly 10/10
>>
>>63289722
Fuck she's such a QT. I can't handle it
>>
File: Bear_Gerhardt.jpg (31 KB, 372x400) Image search: [Google]
Bear_Gerhardt.jpg
31 KB, 372x400
who /Bear/ here
>>
File: IMG_20151203_142124876.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_142124876.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
What's your favorite episode? Mine is Buridan's A**
>>
>>63289807
Bear will kill Charlie after Charlie becomes a snitch with his grandmother, calling it now.
>>
>>63289745

>MUH perfect episode
>>
>>63289905
>>I was thinking about when my dad got shot. He pulled over the fellas that robbed Callahan's and stole the snow plow. They came to tell me at school. I was in algebra. And he's okay, you know? Got the limp, of course, but they caught the guys. The little one, he even got probation. Convinced the jury it was a stockholm syndrome deal, you know.

Charlie gets out
>>
Are there any more shows that are as comfy as this one?
I've already seen twin peaks btw
>>
File: Carl Weathers1.jpg (337 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
Carl Weathers1.jpg
337 KB, 1600x1201
daily reminder that based Karl Weathers has faced Hanzee and Bear and won both times

Karl confirmed for GOAT character
>>
File: patterns everywhere.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
patterns everywhere.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Rewatching episode 6 right now

They're fucking with me
>>
> the negro and the injun are the most interesting characters

Wait a minute, am I being brainwashed by der juden
>>
>>63290190
You're being brainwashed by Bokeem's sexy voice, no homo
>>
>>63290068
So that means Milligan is gonna kill Karl

Fuck
>>
>>63289722
Anyone else thinkf of Duvall when she appears on screen? A less hysteric and more attractive version of course.
>>
What`s wrong with the native american?Why he killed his guy and wants to cut his hair?
>>
>>63290471
If they kill Karl I am going to be very, very moderately upset for at least 5 minutes.
>>
>>63290556
I think he realized everything has gone to shit. He needs to kill his bossman to tie up some loose ends. He also needs to get a haircut that is different from the ones they have plastered all over the papers.

or I'm completely wrong and retarded, who knows
>>
File: BorvGY4IQAAyMr9[1].jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
BorvGY4IQAAyMr9[1].jpg
16 KB, 500x375
Anyone else disappointed that Mr. Wrench never made an appearance after being freed by Malvo in season 1? That was such a tease.

Best hitman
>>
>>63290805
could always come back in a future season
>>
>>63290805
>"look how retarded I am! I don't have any chronological awareness!"
>>
>>63290902
Another appearance in season 1, not season 2
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8cotKdwAHc
>The rhythmic "clack clack" woodblock noise used to build suspense in season 1
When I heard this in the show I thought it was edited in
>>
>>63287813
I'm so fucking pissed off with how Dodd died. Of all the themes Hawley could choose to explore, he decided to entertain the boring, modern social justice narrative.

>le indian tired of the white man's racism
>le sexist shitlord BTFO
>le black man tired of the white man

For fucks sake. Dodd would've killed Peggy in seconds after he got free, there was just no reason for his death. RIP best character.
>>
>>63292505
0/10
here is your (you)
>>
>>63292635
Thanks senpai

Often when I'm reading Hamlet I wonder why the play doesn't just culminate with Ophelia killing him, like instead of issues of morality and philosophy I'd much prefer to see cishet white boys get BTFO by proud trans women of colour. In the 1970s women and black people were basically still slaves on the plantation. In fact, these non issues are just SO important I like to see the actual interesting, multifaceted characters act irrationally and die pointlessly to illuminate the crimes of the white man. My issue it's such stupid, regressive thematic content and it's boring. Season 1 didn't pull this shit.

All art should basically just be django unchained, warrior black man crack da whip right?
>>
>>63292895
If I licked you, would my blood pressure skyrocket?
>>
okay then

>>63287893
For this I am eternally grateful.

>You will never marry cancer wife
This hurts though.
>>
>>63292923
Why don't you agree tho
Do you seriously think it's good writing when the native american badass™ walks into the bar after seeing the plaque and then fucking kills a bunch of people? Yes, you can self insert whenever this starts happening "it's really me doing this oh man this is so ebin", but as if you can't call what's about to happen a mile away? The only half way interesting thing is the parallel between Hanzee's hair and Dodd's monologue about Samson and Delila, but the intelligence ends there.
>>
File: dodd.jpg (30 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
dodd.jpg
30 KB, 500x284
Why did he leave Peggy alive?
>>
>>63293362
probably because he wanted meth damon to watch him kill her
>>
>>63293412
Meth damon was about to pass out and Dodd was still talking.
>>
>>63293234
Can you stick around in the thread long enough for me to reply to you? Might take a while to type up.
>>
>>63293362
dodds whole character was that he underestimated women at every opportunity. he was toying with peggy as a cat may toy with a mouse, because he didn't consider her a threat in anyway. even as she crawled towards him with (unbeknownst to him) a knife, he casually walked over and again began to belittle her.
>>
>>63292505
>>63292895
>>63293234
You are right senpai you shouldn't try to argue with retards tough.

>>63293538
This is right, too. But considering how fucking angry this fella can get he would have roughed her up big time for stabbing him tough. So his death was a max. drama decision he would have survived in a realistic setting.
>>
>>63293538
True, but still. He obviously hated Peggy ''I'm gonna make you bleed''. He just knocked her out and that's it.
>>
>>63293538

Or he was in the process of hanging her when Ed arrived, and decided to ambush him.
>>
>>63293781
They should have showed that then.
>>
File: 1334846020741.jpg (32 KB, 301x316) Image search: [Google]
1334846020741.jpg
32 KB, 301x316
>>63293234
rofling at ur brain atm. the major underlying theme of this season is how humans cling to identity as a means of anchorage in a sea of meaningless qualia. only characters that overcome the strictures of their self-imposed narratives (i.e. become 'actualised') survive in this show. i'm not going to bother listing to innumerable evidence that supports this contention because I may as well type out the entire season right here, so I can only suggest that you watch it again and this time don't let your angry, racist virgin temperament interfere with and cloud your ability to interpret meaning in a non-myopic fashion. Can't see the forest for the trees, ur a pleb, read more, yaddya yaddya yaddya

not everything is le sjw boogeyman in its entirety so silly little idiot.

love u tho
>>
>>63293588
he was prolonging her suffering you ultra-gooba. what's more retaliatory, a quick, ultra-violent death or a slow, agonizing one? he was waiting until he had killed ed to really start having fun with her; 'i'm going to enjoy taking her apart'. literally ayy lmaoing at the amount of women-hating virgin self-inserting as dodd on this board and unable to understand why he isn't just murdering all these le evil women that wont have sex with me at every opportunity. dodds final spiel about women sounds exactly like something ripped straight off a post on 4chan. you guys are seriously pathetic as fuck hahahahhaaaa
>>
>>63293861
They should show all the characters taking a shit every episode too. Fill in the gaps yourself you dumbo.
>>
>>63293234

I think the problem with the current backlash against the modern state of online tumblr/ blogging social justice activism is that it now assumes a position of flat-out denial of any social injustice at all based on gender, sexuality, race or whatever, largely because the over-whelming focus on pronoun politics, micro-aggressions and language policing has somewhat infantilised and trivialised the actual issues.

I watched Suffragette the other day while on holiday in America and it occurred to me that modern online activism, re-tweeting hashtags and "raising awareness", is cheap, easy, aimless and in many ways, just a manifestation of vanity. Compared to the protests of the suffragettes, who were fighting for a very specific goal- a right that they had been denied, and a valuable form of legal recognition which would give them a voice in politics - protests which often caused them great personal loss and sacrifice, online activism is honestly a joke. You can do it on a laptop or an iphone in the comfort of your living room or a Starbucks. It costs nothing.

(cont.)
>>
>>63289807
Reporting in
>>
>>63289966
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098878/
>>
>>63294434
Anyway, I say all this because there's a knee-jerk reaction on 4chan whenever any kind of racism or sexism is depicted that has the offending show immediately labelled SJW shit - just the mention of it is enough to trigger people into blind, frothing rages, just like the poster I'm replying to.

I think in Fargo, both the men and the women are depicted as flawed and realistic human beings, unlike say Supergirl, where every female character delivers each line of dialogue like they're punching the audience in the face with a tumblog post.

So, the fact that Hanzee can't get served in a white man's bar without being harassed and verbally abused, despite having fought for his country in Vietnam, or the fact that Dodd hates women to such a degree he's brought his family to ruin, and Floyd can't demand the loyalty or obedience of her family despite her wisdom and knowledge, is a pretty fair depiction of all that shit. It's not like Floyd is an OP Mary Sue, or Peggy, or Constance, or even Molly from the first season - she wasn't dismissed for being a woman, she was dismissed because Bill couldn't hack the idea of Lester being a lying, manipulative sociopath. Peggy is legitimately deranged, Floyd is hobbled by a mother's love, and Dodd, while being a belligerent racist and sexist, is basically just an over-grown kid.

They're all decent characters. The show isn't SJW just because, and it's worth pointing out that the show takes place in the '70's, just because some of the characters face difficulties because of their race or sex. It'd be cowardly and dishonest to pretend otherwise.
>>
>>63294912
Quality post, right on the money.

Anyone looking for a heavy handed SJW fest needs look no further than Jessica Jones. That was insufferable.

Fargo is cut from different cloth.
>>
>>63288104
>>63288005
And the random stabbing
>>
>>63289946
Nah, it doesn't happen until years after what we're seeing now. Molly was learning algebra at, what, 7 years old?
>>
>>63290475
yeah me too

>>63290805
fingers crossed they'll bring him back in a later season, his actor was a favourite with the fans 'cause of the sign language transcriptions of song lyrics and stuff he had on his youtube

>>63294286
tbf they do show them taking a piss an awful lot compared to other shows

>>63294434
>>63294912
this tbhonest
>>
>>63287813
there is something about this. even though the story is a bit over the top, .... it just feels so real and dwon to earth
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.