[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who ordered these clones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 11
File: e310132a_32890StarWars3.jpg (46 KB, 800x350) Image search: [Google]
e310132a_32890StarWars3.jpg
46 KB, 800x350
So Obi Wan comes to this unknown planet with clone makers and they tell him they were waiting for him and someone ordered these clones 10 years ago

That someone is some jedi that died

The jedi council tells Obi Wan no one ordered these clones

They then proceed to use them to fight the Trade federation.

Hence I have these question:

>Why does no one question these clones origin after that?

>Why do the clone makers say there's 200,000 and 1mil more coming, isn't that very low numbers for the star wars universe?

>Why did they use some fat mexican as a clone base?
>>
high ground
>>
>>63286721
Jesus Christ... If you fucking paid attention to the movie you would have answered all your questions. The movie is made for kids, it's not hard to figure out. Stop looking for reasons to hate the prequels and form your opinion.
>>
Bigger Luke.
>>
>>63286902
Are you sure it's answered in 2 and not 3?
>>
File: plinkett.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
plinkett.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
Palpatine's behind it all!
>>
It was master sifo-dyas (AKA sidi-ous)
>>
>>63286902
>Stop looking for reasons to hate the prequels

Well, it's not like you have to look very hard.
>>
Plagueis
>>
Darth Badmanis
>>
Lucas!
>>
>>63286971
4U-D2
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>63286902
>hurr durr is so obvious you retard
>provides no explanation
>>
i still dont know what the fuck a Syfo Diaz is
>>
>>63286971
Does his mind clouding abilities have a range? When yoda is on Kashyyyk is he like
>hey, wait a minute...it all makes sense now. Palpatine's behind it all!
>>
>>63286987
Director Georg Loukias is funny guy
>>
>>63287089
R2-4U
>>
>>63287357
Count Dooku.
>>
>>63287564
You're no match for him, he's a Sith Lord!
>>
>>63287564
The question was why no one questions it and they just use the clones in the war and that's it
>>
>>63287588
Check em
>>
>>63287624
Desperate times, desperate measures.
Gift horse, etc.
>>
>>63287564
So Dooku or Sheev ordered the clones and was going to use them as Stormtroopers all along?

Why did he let them fight for Obi Wan's side then? he could have just invaded the Jedi wtih them from the start.
>>
>>63287670
They only had a very small army of clones originally, it wasn't until the Republic seen their effectiveness that they ordered and equiped far more.
>>
>>63287670
Sheev needed to stage a war to receive senate powers. He basically operated both sides to weaken the Galatic Senate and Jedi, then made us of the troopers on top of that a way to eliminate Jedi and instil his government.
>>
>>63287670

Sheev needed time to create a rift between Anakin and Obi-Wan + the Jedi.

Ordering the Jedi to be immediately wiped out as soon as he gained an immense army and emergency powers would also be extremely suspicious.
>>
>>63287662
If a brand new car appeared in your garage tomorrow you'd just drive it without worrying where it came from and what intentions the gift giver had?
>>
>>63287670
The actual story as told in EU shit that isn't canon any more is that Sifo Dyas was a Jedi master who was best friends with Dooku before Dooku broke bad. He foresaw the return of the Sith through the Force, and commissioned the clone army to prepare for what he believed would be galactic war.
>>
The clone fairy
>>
>>63287721
Without questioning who the fuck ordered the original ones anyway?
>>
File: 1417877474170.png (203 KB, 432x383) Image search: [Google]
1417877474170.png
203 KB, 432x383
>>63286721
I wonder if the money came out of sheev's account. Maybe Sifo really hated sheev and thought it would be funny to clone thousands of Maori dudes. Was it treason?
>>
>>63287588
Shit lords are our speciality
>>
How many clones were there anyway? Could USA win a war against a Clone army? (Be sure to take into account the fact that guns with actual bullets are better than blasters)
>>
>>63287879
Yea
>>
>>63287797
That's pretty much canon thanks to the cgi series, they pretty much stated those reasons saying he was a firebrand etc in the arc related to him
>>
>>63287755
Seems cool, why do people hate the prequels?
>>
>>63287670
>Why did he let them fight for Obi Wan's side then?

Because the whole Clone War was a setup to create the Empire and wipe out the Jedi. The Clones, and their whole military supply train, were created to give the Republic an army to fight with in that war. The Jedi ranks would be bled, and the office of the Supreme Chancellor would be given ever more emergency powers until the time was right for the clones to turn on the Jedi and annihilate them.
>>
>>63287755
>>63287762
>>63287670
What do clone troopers think of this after they discover the reason behind the clone wars? Or do they never find out?

Any good media about the clone wars? Seems like a depressing pointless war that could have good stories in it
>>
>>63287902
Plageius paid for it all, he was super immense rich.
>>
>>63287763
If it meant I'd get away from a war zone, yes.
>>
Most of all, who payed for them and with what kind of money?
>>
>>63287797
>>63287947
Is he featured in the clone wars cgi thing?
>>
File: 1440869051407.jpg (40 KB, 279x292) Image search: [Google]
1440869051407.jpg
40 KB, 279x292
>>63287902
It was his birthday present
>>
>>63287969
>What do clone troopers think of this after they discover the reason behind the clone wars? Or do they never find out?

They have a chip embedded in their brain to control them whenever Orders are dispatched (e.g. Order 66), this is explored in the later seasons of Clone Wars.

>Any good media about the clone wars? Seems like a depressing pointless war that could have good stories in it

The Clone Wars movie and subsequent animated series (6 seasons). Disney still classes it as canon.
>>
>>63287933
I think the entirety of Earth would win a war against the pre-Empire Clone army, but I might just be delusional.
>>
>>63286721
1. they do but not much can be done at this point
2. it is, the production is just starting + republic will have to flip the bill for the other clones (going as far as to deregulate the banks)
3.he is good at killing.

sifo dyas made the order (or his blood was used to authorize it) people on kamino can't tell sith apart from jedi
>>
>>63288025
As a sith, Sheev paid them in absolutes
>>
>>63287933
>the fact that guns with actual bullets are better than blasters

I think you're right tbqh

Unless Star Wars plate armor can block physical bullets or some shit but I dont remember that being stated anywhere
>>
File: 62_1.jpg (58 KB, 450x621) Image search: [Google]
62_1.jpg
58 KB, 450x621
Was it hard to make 2 mln of clones? Every planet has the capacity to make its own clone army so why is this clone army so popular?

And if you can clone people, why not create alien-bioweapons? Why not create Space marines?
>>
>>63287670
clones were made so the republic would have army to fight the federation and give sheev more power.
>>
>>63287357
Thanks for quoting all those guys. Sure made the thread easier to read.

Asshole.
>>
>>63288117
The lasers used are physical, heated plasma. I guess this implies that their armor is for anti heat type shit? If so I imagine a bullet would go straight through the armor.
>>
>>63287879
It's pretty stupid yeah, yet another reason to rag on the prequels...in the show they go so far as to find out its a trap (the clones themselves are part of a trap) but they 'play along' because they need the clones. Honestly I think more Jedi would have opposed continuing war and seen the futility and cyclical nature of the clone wars.

It makes the Jedi council and the Jedi in General seem like a bunch of dumbasses, and sidious as just too god damn OP......the universe is too large for it be be meshed together coherently, more forethought would have been needed yet of course even the OT had flaws so it's no surprise there's retcon nine needed every step of the way in the prequels to make it halfway decent

Regardless of the fact that I think the original idea of what a Jedi is In new hope is way more principled and skilled than what we see in the prequels....the movies and the show paint a picture of the possibility of a great society and people falling because of minor flaws and a persistent elite self interested group..the nature of war and politics..all in all a great metaphor and tale.
>>
>>63288127

I think clone tech was a secret that only those alien dudes knew. Which is why Stormtroopers eventually started recruiting mercs instead.
>>
They get this massive order for clones and then don't hear back from this Sifo Dias guy for years. You'd think they would follow up and make sure they have someone to deliver them to (or pay them, I can't remember if they had already been paid).
>>
>>63287969
>What do clone troopers think of this after they discover the reason behind the clone wars? Or do they never find out?
50/50, they don't think they obey. those that don't just run away and fear the jedi will come hunt them.
clone wars cartoon has few eps about the order kicking in early on some troopers or them having nightmares
>>
>>63288074
>The entirety of Earth

Nigger you just need the US and Russian army, and you're set. Combined they make up around ~80% of the world's fire power.

Oh and don't forget nukes. I don't think I've ever seen any actual earth-like nukes in Star Wars.
>>
>>63288025
sheev paid for the first batch
>>
>>63288127
cloning isn't a widely understood technology. The Kaminoans don't share their tech with outsiders.
>>
>>63288033
Yes he is, season 6. You can skip around a watch episodes out of order except for ones that are 3 episode arcs. You may miss out on character development and self made references but you'll get the gist, I think tv has a best episodes list floatin around
>>
How did Sifo-dyas order the clone army if the template was Jango Fett and was chosen by Count Dooko as shown in the Star Wars: Bounty Hunter game?
>>
>>63288223
The Russian military is more powerful than the American military
>>
>>63288299
True, but America beat Russian during the Cold War.
>>
>>63288299
>
>>
>>63288162
Not how it works, the armor seems to be useless against blasters, I've seen armor be more protective against light sabers and physical weaponry more often to be honest
>>
File: 14491652270820.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
14491652270820.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>63288242
All races can into interstellar travel, but can't clone humans? They can create prosthetic arms and heal burned to death people, but can't even help pregnant woman to stay alive during the chilbirth.
>>
>>63288323
>
>>
>>63288200
Star Wars rebels has some eps on some old 'unique' clones (de-chipped)
>>
>>63288377
It's literally the force bruh.
Cloning sentient life is hard because it fucks with the force in all of them or something.
Padme was evil force choked and died of a broken heart or some shit like that.
>>
>>63288299
No it's not. It's really really not. Do you even realize how much money the US spends annualy on the military?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

So no. Russia isn't even CLOSE in terms of power.
>>
>>63288344
Maybe its just for general ballistic protection? Like fragmentation and shit, although I imagine they still wouldn't do that well against bullets.
>>
File: Boba-Fett-And-Jango-Fett.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Boba-Fett-And-Jango-Fett.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
>>63286721
Jango was fit as fuck, Boba was the fatty.
>>
>>63288377
>All races can into interstellar travel,
no true. some so can't into interstellar travel they have to sell themselves into slavery to be taken off world. also many outer rim colonies don't even have basic technology or clean water. there is no technological uniformity
>>
So what would happen if a Jedi were to try and reflect bullets with his ligtsaber? Would he get a molten metal facial?
>>
>>63288439
the show is too shit to watch it for them. ( I know because I do watch it)
>>
>>63286721

>Why does no one question these clones origin after that?

Plot convenience. George wasted an entire 1/3rd of the Prequel trilogy with Episode I as it doesn't relate to the story being told except in a really minor tangential way. If you had started the clone wars under dubious circumstances in Episode I you could spend Episode II with the Jedi trying to uncover the plot and Palpatine being a real piece of shit by thwarting their efforts in a darker middle chapter that plays out more like a spy movie with Jedi and Sith. Then the 3rd movie is what it is, the trap is sprung and the sith take over because the Jedi were actively prevented from learning the truth. Instead the Jedi are rendered completely incompetent and stupid by some magical dark-side intelligence draining power that Sheev has because there's no time in the movies to do otherwise.

>Why do the clone makers say there's 200,000 and 1mil more coming, isn't that very low numbers for the star wars universe?

It's super-low numbers in the star wars universe and would be a real problem except the clones are fighting the most inept robot-soldier to ever be put in cinema and each clone is worth 100 regular battle droids. God this is stupid.

I have no idea why they chose that actor, but I'm more annoyed that the -best- bounty hunter in the galaxy willingly had his face put on millions of galactic troops. It just seems like an excuse to shoehorn boba fett into the plot.

Also did anyone else notice that in Episode II Yoda literally says "Begun the clone wars have" like right after the first fight. Isn't that like the Kaiser of Germany in 1914 saying "And so begins World War I" It's not like both sides had clones where people are saying "these will be known as the clone wars" It's clones vs. robots and the reasons the CIS broke off is due to trade bickering, why isn't it known as the "Trade Wars".
>>
>>63288459
Money =/= Power, the US is interesting as a case study for power. Yes it's the superpower...but it's power dilutes by the year. It tried Vietnam and the guerilla warfare was something it couldn't counter, no hard targets, and enemies that just hit and run easily in the brush.....Then 9/11 happens and 10 years and 10 trillion dollars down the hole later we still failed our 'mission' (was there even a point going to war anyway?), point being they sure as hell didn't win, and the enemy is still alive and well and even multiplied...this insurgency and guerilla warfare tactics are something the US....the primer military power in the world can't defeat and so it's clear we have to rethink what military power truly means in the face of modern guerilla tactics...the answer being its useless against it and if ANY non superpower country had a bin laden tier insurgency,...it'd be bankrupt and overrun before a decade was up
>>
>>63287957
>>63287969
>>63287947
>>63287933
Did the republic have no fucking army before the clones?
>>
>>63288620
bullets would turn into vapor
>>
>>63288097
>>63288025
>>63288227
How did he pay for them?

Also why would it be sheev and not the jedi who ordered them?
>>
>>63288668
>had his face put on millions of galactic troops
why not? seems like a good disguise
>>63288668
>Also did anyone else notice that in Episode II Yoda literally says "Begun the clone wars have" like right after the first fight. Isn't that like the Kaiser of Germany in 1914 saying "And so begins World War I" It's not like both sides had clones where people are saying "these will be known as the clone wars" It's clones vs. robots and the reasons the CIS broke off is due to trade bickering, why isn't it known as the "Trade Wars".
yeah he was a real riddler
>>
>>63288669

The only thing that matters between America and Russia are the nukes. If it got to the point where they were fighting an actual hot war and not some proxy conflict like afghanistan the nukes would start flying and considering they each have over 10,000 of them traditional weapons are pointless.

However America would probably get off more nukes than Russia due to the fact that America has a very solid fleet of missile submarines, most of which the Russian's can't find. The Russians have like 2 and they're old and noisy as fuck.
>>
So would we stand a chance against the Clone army?
>>
>>63288064
Fucking really a chip in their damn brain? Jesus fuck that is stupid. Can't believe that the Republic Commando and Imperial Commando series were canceled because they contradicted this fucking schlock.
>>
Qui-Gon you dumb niggers
>>
>>63288735
>How did he pay for them?
with money. plagues left him fat stacks of cash + sheevs dad was a big guy on naboo. where did you think money for his politcal campaign and bribes came from.Did you think his own job did not pay?
>Also why would it be sheev and not the jedi who ordered them?
jedi did not even know where the world was, they would try diplomacy before war and the republic would be overun. also read the fucking thread
>>
>>63288615
In all the Star Wars films noone have ever said a word about the FUEL that drives anti-gravity tech and the interstellar ships. No limitations of travel range were established. So there can not be any outer rim colonies because they are as well accessible as every other colony.
>>
>>63288830
I would 360 noscop them while fucking all the bitches.
>>63288840
how is this stupid? having normal brainwashing and indoctrination hold after so much stress would be more stupid
>>
>>63288948
Because we are talking about a slave army the was given a load of contingency orders that nobody ever thought would be used. It isn't brainwashing it is just the belief that the Jedi made a genuuine grab for power and had to be removed. Clones really had no reason to love the Jedi they were sequestered monks that were content using a bunch of slaves to fight and die having never experienced life.
>>
>>63288877

Some EU writers have tried to apply star-trek like sci-fi logic to the series and it just doesn't mesh. Star Wars is firmly space fantasy and journeys take as long as they need to to fit the particular story being told. Someone needs to get from Hoth to coruscant in 10 minutes? Done. Someone needs to get from Hoth the coruscant but to build drama it's going to take them a week? Done.
>>
>>63288064
>>63288064
>The Clone Wars movie and subsequent animated series (6 seasons). Disney still classes it as canon.

Animated or cgi?
>>
>>63288877
they have trade routes because space is full of junk and you can't just go from point a to point b. there is no range limit but further you jump the harder it is to calculate. beyond accessible there is usually nothing on those worlds and no one is going to just give space ships for nothing. fule is not spoken of but does exist. if range and accessibility were not a factor than han solos bragging about how he found the shortest path would be stupid
>>
>>63288840
It's hilarious because the commandos had a cameo in the end of one random episode. Then later on an in-depth episode focusing on one of them.....and THEN yet another episode of one in Rebels.

So they're quite canon. As well as their exemplary battle tactics that were undoubtedly the best show of expertise in battle for a clone in the entire series.
>>
>>63289026
yeah but why risk dissidence? many jedi were nice to clones and those that were not were at least there, fighting by their side instead of abstract fatfaggs of coruscant or supreme chancellor (I mean its not like any of them treated the clones better than the jedi)
>>
>>63288142
It was an effort to save the thread
>>
>>63288696

Not one to speak of, no. The galaxy had largely been at peace for centuries, one of the longest prolonged peaces in its history (there had been scuffles, of course - Mandalore had recently been glassed in a civil war - but nothing that ravaged whole sectors of space), so the formal military had long been disbanded. The Jedi, the Senate Guard, and the Judicial Forces were essentially the only armed forces the Republic itself had, and none of them were properly an army or navy, but rather peacekeeping apparatus.

>>63288840

How else do you ensure a military trained to be absolutely loyal to the Jedi will turn on them with a single verbal command and annihilate them?
>>
>>63288189
What should I watch besides the movies?

Clone Wars film

what else?

Any games worth playing for story?
>>
>>63286721
Jango was out of work and was getting paid to sit around and jizz out more clones
>>
>>63288669
Nukes are psychological weapons at this point used for clout case in point North Korea. Iran.

This is because there is no winning a nuclear war if one side fired against another they both would not only be utterly annihilated and the amount of nuclear weapons needed to do that would be enough to fuck over the rest of life on earth....so no nuclear weapons will ever be used to "win anything" it's a suicide pact. A suicide button. And as such is simply a weapon of fear that no rational actor will take seriously...as were starting to see with North Korea (but most states are still scared)
>>
They literally address this in The Clone Wars. Master Sifo Dyas was best friends with Dooku, who ended up betraying him, killing him, and taking his identity to go and order the Clone army for Sidious. They used his authority to secretly order the clones and had the Order 66 control chips implanted in them.
>>
>>63289208
>>63289254
Troops are trained to obey orders. If news breaks that a group of crazy monks that most people know nothing about tried to seize power over some religious dispute then most people would just say "Oh they are breaking the law". The troops would then follow their orders because they are loyal to the Republic not to the Jedi. The only way to remove extremely powerful Force users would be to kill them. You can't really capture them.

A chip doesn't make sense because what happens after? Are all their brain functions now controlled by the chip? Or do they go "Oh woops how did my finger get on the trigger and why is there a smoking hole in my Generals head?"
>>
>>63289026
>Clones really had no reason to love the Jedi

Remember, the Clones and the Jedi worked together almost exclusively. Other Republic forces (gunned-up Judicials, Senate Commandos) worked separately from the Jedi forces, only rarely crossing paths with each other. They lived together, ate together, fought together, and died together. The Jedi, with few exceptions (such as Master Pong Krell, who despised the clones and sent them to their deaths with abandon, forcing a unique pre-Order 66 instance of clones turning on their Jedi general), treated them as individuals, respected them, put their faith in them, called them by the names they'd chosen for themselves rather than their numbers, even let them customize their armor and equipment as they saw fit. Even if they had little reason to love the Jedi at the start of the war, by the end of it, when Order 66 was given, they had no reason not to.
>>
>>63289299
I enjoyed force unleashed even though the power levels are so not canon and DBZ level. It's a now non anon explanation for how the rebels got their start...which I like slightly better than the origin the rebels show is working towards.

Oh rebels is okay, it's just a bit episodic I. The beginning but now it's starting to pick up steam. Obviously the animated clone wars is worth your time, the whole 2 seasons are just 2 hours and it's marvelous short 5 minute vignettes.

Batllefront 2 had a neat story from the perspective of troopers. Star Wars bounty hunter was fun and had an okay story that led up to him being the template for the clone army.

OH

top of your list, make Jedi outcast and Jedi academy. Excellent gameplay and pretty good story. As well as a multiplayer community that's still alive (the gameplay is that good). Outcast's story mode is fun and has some hard puzzles , and academy has a neat choose your missions and more direct action feel that slightly improved
>>
>>63289373
>Troops are trained to obey orders.

Legal orders. They're supposed to question or refuse obviously illegal ones (such as orders to commit what they know are war crimes). "Merely" having contingency orders wouldn't be enough to ensure the Jedi would be destroyed - they and the Clones were too close, and Palpatine was not so naive as to think they would not grow to be so when planning the army. He could not risk battalions of his clones choosing to side with the Jedi against orders if they felt "their" Jedi was no traitor, or taking them alive for trial. He needed to ensure they WOULD kill even Jedi they'd spent years fighting alongside, without hesitation or question - because if they hesitated, the Jedi might escape, and if they questioned, they might rebel.
>>
>>63289492
Except for the fact that Jedi were still going against their own moral principles by utilizing a slave army that had no chance to live any sort of life other than one of pain and struggle. Anybody that knew their personal creed could see that except for the Jedi themselves. By the time the war was over and Order 66 given, the Jedi had destroyed their own moral code. Clones knew that there was no other life for them than to fight this war at the behest of their monk generals. Sure some of the troops higher up may have gotten to know their generals and grown fond of them but that doesn't mean that the rank and file would. The rank and file are used to being given orders and completing them. Some crazy religious dispute would not affect them. All they know is someone lower on the chain of command tried to seize power in a treasonous fashion and so they had to be removed from command in the only way that a powerful force user could be.

I really recommend reading the Republic Commando series because it seems like they went an entirely different direction with interactions between clones and Jedi. I don't know maybe I am just butthurt because I am rereading the series and am sad that it got canceled to make way for the show.
>>
>>63289354

The point is this should have been explored in the movies. If you have to go out and read books or watch a tv show in order for your movies to make sense you've failed in writing the movie.
>>
>>63289677
It was legal because to the best of everyone's knowledge the Jedi had made a power play to seize control of the government.

And what happens after the chip goes off do they explain that in the series? It just seems that if you flick a kill this person switch in someones brain they would wonder why they had and if they found out they wouldn't just accept it like it was nothing.
>>
>>63287924
>gets instafucked
>>
>>63288287
Count Dooku ordered the clones under the name of the dead Sifo-Dyas.
>>
>>63288518
Jango's armour is so shit, it looks like a bad plastic halloween outfit.
>>
>>63286971
I'm almost hoping the new one is shit just because of how great his review will be
>>
>>63289118
Trade routes are where people go to trade, it's nothing about space junk at all.
> solos bragging about how he found the shortest path would be stupid
it is stupid, but it's okay.

>>63288877
They mention fuel once, in revenge of the sith obi-wan stops for "fuel" as a cover story.
>>
>>63288097
underrated post
>>
what did palpatine promise the trade federation people?
>>
>>63286721
My assumption is that, at the point in time of the prequels, the Jedi have absolutely no faith in their own ability to resist the Dark Side and throw themselves at the beck and call of the Republic to never let themselves even have a chance of being self-serving. Republican citizens don't wan't to fight a war for a government that allows anyone rich enough to build an army to do so as long as they aren't currently using it to infringe on the Republic's territory, and both groups of people are more than ok with letting Palpatine think for them.

But more about this should have been shown. Why couldn't the Republic raise a volunteer army? Why were the Jedi cool with a slave race being bred to do nothing but fight and die? How did the war affect them and did anyone besides Obi have second thoughts about the whole thing? Why was Sheev able to get the entire Republic to hate its ancient protectors who were, not only fighting a war on its behalf, but also probably the only thing making the Republic function pre-war without the threat of a standing army to enforce its decisions?
>>
>>63288668
>
Plot convenience. George wasted an entire 1/3rd of the Prequel trilogy with Episode I as it doesn't relate to the story being told except in a really minor tangential way. If you had started the clone wars under dubious circumstances in Episode I you could spend Episode II with the Jedi trying to uncover the plot and Palpatine being a real piece of shit by thwarting their efforts in a darker middle chapter that plays out more like a spy movie with Jedi and Sith. Then the 3rd movie is what it is, the trap is sprung and the sith take over because the Jedi were actively prevented from learning the truth. Instead the Jedi are rendered completely incompetent and stupid by some magical dark-side intelligence draining power that Sheev has because there's no time in the movies to do otherwise.

True, the first movie was nice for what it was though.
>>
>>63288860
hes right you faggots
>>
>>63288840
How did they contradict it?
>>
>>63289184
>As well as their exemplary battle tactics that were undoubtedly the best show of expertise in battle for a clone in the entire series.

What are you referring to?
>>
>>63290470
The whole storyline was different. No chip, the clones just followed orders because they genuinely believed that Jedi had betrayed them. By this point in the war normal clones came to the realization that they were really just slaves.

Also the author wanted to conclude what happened to Sev during the Republic Commando game but LucasArts didn't want that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk9lPotcW4

wtf is this show then? is this not canon?
>>
So much intelligence and great content in one post: >>63288668
>>
>>63290684
was made non canon by the new cgi show
>>
>>63290534
The arc where them team of droids and their small commander meet "Gregory"
>>
Why didn't the trade federation land near naboo? W hy did they land so far away?
>>
>>63290429

Episode I is fine, the problem is that it seems Lucas started the new trilogy without really thinking through the whole story he was trying to tell. People always complain that Ep. III feels rushed what with anakin going from good guy to pledging himself to monster mash and then killing children in a half hour. It feels rushed because Ep. I doesn't factor, Ep. II was kind of wasted with a lot of needless bullshit and Ep. III has to essentially tell the entire story in 1 movie which for obvious reasons doesn't really work.

Where I think the prequel defense force vs. mindless haters things gets confused is that the "story" of the prequel trilogy and what Lucas is trying to get across when you include the books and tv shows is actually pretty compelling. However the MOVIES are a goddamn disaster and if you factor out all of the side-content from books, tv shows, and games the story makes next to no sense.

So what happens is you have one camp focused on one thing, one camp focused on the other and they both come off sound like blithering idiots because their arguments don't align.
>>
>>63286721

Isn't the actor from New Zealand? A maori?
>>
>>63289562
>Obviously the animated clone wars is worth your time, the whole 2 seasons are just 2 hours and it's marvelous short 5 minute vignettes.
Is it non canon now?
>>
>>63289683
>
I really recommend reading the Republic Commando series because it seems like they went an entirely different direction with interactions between clones and Jedi. I don't know maybe I am just butthurt because I am rereading the series and am sad that it got canceled to make way for the show.

How different was it? How is it now?
>>
>>63288142
Go back to Reddit, faghole.
>>
>>63290554
How did the game explain them turning agains thte jedi then?
>>
>>63290776
In what show?
>>
>>63291393
Basically it painted the picture of clones as you initailly described, loyal to the Jedi and they were taught that they were near omnipotent. They also didn't ahve any idea of life outside of the Army. As the series progresses it shows the slow realization of the clones that there is a life outside of fighting and dying that they will never get to really experience. No families or girlfriends just fighting and if they are too badly injured to be used they are put down quietly. They also come to realize that the Jedi fuck up, they aren't good military commanders, and that the clones are loyal foremost to the Republic. The Jedi are separate from this and are only in command because Republic leaders requested their aid.

>>63291469
I am talking about one of the book series in the now defunct EU. It is a really nice portrayal of the clones as humans rather than the bland almost robots they are depicted as in the movies.
>>
>>63291549
Are you talking about a tv series or comic book ro what?
>>
>>63291549
>>63291697
Oh I saw what you said now, what book series is it?

Whar are the clone troops now by cannon? Outside of the movies alone
>>
>>63287120
Sypho Dias ordered the creation of the Clone Army, then had the evidence erased form the Jedi records. He was Sheev's Sith master.
>>
>>63291726
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Republic_Commando_(series)

IDK I haven't watched the cartoon series yet. It sorta bums me out because it all contradicts the stuff I read when I was a bit younger.
>>
>>63289107
Animated first, then CGI.
>>
>>63289107
CGI.
>>63291872
Genndy Clone Wars is not canon.
>>
>>63288117
>Unless Star Wars plate armor can block physical bullets or some shit but I dont remember that being stated anywhere

They can't block arrows and stones from 3 foot tall teddy bears, so I think bullets would right fuck them up fierce.
>>
So if Boba Fett was working for the CIS as a bounty hunter or whatever, but also living on Kamino where he would have known that a million clones of him were being made to fight the CIS why didn't he say anything to dookie or any of the CIS guys about it

you'd think these are things they would have wanted to know or would be worth mentioning
>>
>>63287089
>>63287245
BG-4U
>>
>>63289373

No that's just dumb. Do you think Sheev would risk clones not following orders because they grew close to their jedi commanders during the war? Then you have jedi and clones knowing that the sheev is trying to kill them, which only causes more uncertainty and questions about his power. No, he needed a foolproof way to make sure the clones would turn on the jedi without them second guessing the orders.
>>
What I wonder is the following: How comes only Sheev knew about Order 66? One would think that an order like "Genocide all Jedi and help me take over the galaxy" written in the clones' manual would have aroused some suspicion.
>>
>>63292520
How is a chip in their brain foolproof? Yous ay the clones would grow attached like regular humans would so wouldn't they also react the same way as a regular human when they discovered that they had a chip in their brain that could control their actions? No one would take that sitting down they would rebel against that all the same.

Chips in the brain is just a lazy way of explaining why the clones would kill their Jedi commanders. It is a much better story to have a gulf develop between Jedi and the rank and file clones which is rather understandable considering to most they are still crazy monks.

But really what happens after this chip compels them to kill the Jedi. Do they just say oh well and go about their lives? Or does the chip now control them forever? In that case why not just use droids?
>>
>>63292201
Dooku and Jango were in on the scam.
Grievous was not.
>>
>>63292650
I mean in the EU it was explained as there were 150 contingency orders that covered just about any eventuality. Anything from kill all the Jedi because they are traitors to the Chancellor being replaced because he is crazy or otherwise unsound. It is not like anyone really expected them to be used it was a just in case sorta thing. Sorta like those British letters given to submarines in the event that Britain is attacked or something.
>>
>>63292201
>why didn't he say anything to dookie or any of the CIS guys about it
He picked up a noble cause
called the clone wars
Cause life's not all about girls and cars
Gets fucked up
In fucked up bars
See He's not a retard
Or Gay like DeBarge
He's large and in charge with a face so scarred
And a cold black heart that's been torn apart
The sith wish that they had a dick so hard
because it's long long ago in a pussy far far
Call him "Master"
Because he's faster than Pryor on Fire.
He no longer has to hot wire because he's a hunter for hire
with no plans to retire
and all you sucker MC's call call him "sire"
>>
File: qsqsqs.png (172 KB, 274x324) Image search: [Google]
qsqsqs.png
172 KB, 274x324
>Who ordered these clones

Did you even watch the fucking scene?

Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas ordered them after he learned of the siths return.

( Ironically he was convinced to do this and given the funding by none other than Hego Damask a.k.a Darth Plagueis)

After the clones were commissioned Count Dooku turned to the dark sides and murdered Sifo-Dyas and took over the clone project.

Seriously OP, you're a fucking casual and should kill yourself
>>
>>63293189

>after he learned of the siths return.

How do we know this in the movie? All they mention is Sifo, for all we know that could be a code-name for Sheev, or maybe it was jango himself in a mask. There is zero explanation beyond "some jedi ordered them".
>>
>>63289299
The Clone Wars (cgi) series is pretty decent from what I watched, you can google to find a list of recommended episodes for each season if you're wary of it. The traditionally animated Clone Wars miniseries is also great I hear, and it details the lead up to the opening of Episode 3.
>>
>>63293438
The last episode of the animated clone wars ends right where episode 3 starts.
>>
i didnt even play close attention to this movie but i thought it was count dooku.

they fight him because they are retarded.
>>
>>63291454
>Somebody doesn't like not being able to tell if a post has an actual reply or if it's just some faggot replying to every single person in the thread
>Must be from REDDIT
>>
>>63287357

Because there is no answer. It's just shitty writing. And OPs point was already raised in the Plinkett review..
>>
>generic white girl
>blackest man in the galaxy
>beach ball

why are we excited for the new movie again?
>>
>>63295383
>blackest man in the galaxy
I wish wesley snipes was in them.
>>
>>63288668
Jango was probably paid to be used as a template, plus he got a son out if the deal.
>>
>>63295864

Count Dooku set a bounty on a renegade dark jedi apprentice of his and was gonna let whoever could kill her be the template. That just so happened to be Jango Fett. It's the basis for that one bounty hunter video game where you play as Jango.
>>
THE STAR WARS BOUNTY HUNTER GAME EXPLAINS THE WHOLE THING PERFECTLY
>>
>>63286721
Because Yoda commanded the clones. The clone army was the good guys.

Yes, those numbers are very low, however...

Jango Fett was chosen because he's literally the perfect warrior in the Star Wars universe. Despite the fact that Jango Fett isn't Force sensitive, and isn't even the most physically capable being in the Star Wars universe based solely on physical strength or ability.
>hurr can't clone the force
Except you literally can. The prequels established that the Force is a genetic trait due to Midi-Chlorians.

There are answers for your questions, but they only raise more questions. Give up on these flicks.
>>
>>63286721
Is neo/tv/ usually this autistic?
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (96 KB, 944x712) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
96 KB, 944x712
>>63296352
>Implying you can even chart /tv/'s level of autism
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.