[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite Karl quote?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: Karl_Pilkington_2008_cropped.jpg (108 KB, 312x383) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Pilkington_2008_cropped.jpg
108 KB, 312x383
What is your favorite Karl quote?
>>
>>63285968

>They say jellyfish are like 97% water, yeah?
>>Yeah, so?
>So just... give 'em another 3%... and make 'em water
>>
>With the Brits. I was watchin’ it the other night, and um, I think Kylie [Minogue] will be a good lookin’ old woman.
>>
>it was like a ripped tennis ball

i pretty much had the same reaction as Ricky when he came out with that
>>
MANMOTH
>>
>>63285968
"I can't believe people don't know i'm acting"
>>
>>63287116
fuck off
>>
>>63285968
>It's a Ricky calls Karl up and acts like a twat while telling Karl that he has to do some stupid thing and Karl acts incredulous about having to do said stupid thing even though Karl doing stupid things abroad against his will is very much the established format of the show episode
>>
little monkey fella
>>
you thumped a monkey
>>
>>
>"Sat next to an old fella. Old men's ears and noses carry on growing as they get older. Suzanne noticed his fingers were fat too. Maybe they continue to grow. Suzanne didn't laugh when I said her arse had the same problem."
>>
>if moths had eyes
>>
>>63285968
lil monkey fella
>>
Friendly reminder Karl is a character written by Ricky Gervais. This is very much portrayed in the man-moth sketch you all love so much.

Karl pretends he hear man-month instead of mammot. But cloning implies you take a string of DNA from an existing (or a species that used to exist and has intact DNA left that can be used to clone it) from a species to clone it by injecting it into a genetically similar host to give birth to the clone. That means 1) A man-moth would have existed or has existed 2) Something similar to a man-moth has existed or exists to give birth to the clone. No one is stupid enough to believe something like that not even 'Karl'.
>>
there's a shadow somewhere...
>>
>one mushy pea

>>63289773
>Friendly reminder
cant remember the last time a post started that way and actually was a friendly reminder of anything.
>>
Rewatching an idiot abroad.
When he is passing into Palestine he says to ricky, "if you haven't heard from me in 3 days its all gone tits up." Not witty or clever but has had me laughing consistently for a few days.
>>
>>63289831
With Carl, alot of the time, it's the way he says it. He has perfect comic execution with out even really trying. Maybe it's a Mank thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQ8iAS2MMg

>Its not his volt
>>
Every second of the XFM days.
>>
>you never see an old man eating a twix
>>
File: 1407780668274.png (240 KB, 563x689) Image search: [Google]
1407780668274.png
240 KB, 563x689
>>63289957
>my speakers face when that intro
>>
>>63285968
>You know, I don't think Hitler did anything wrong an' that, I think he was just misunderstood. I think jew niggers are a genetic mishap.
>WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT YOU TWONK PLAY A RECORD YOU BUFFOON ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>63285968

I can't remember a single quote, 2bh, but I consistently laugh at the shit he says. It's more the delivery and trying to piece together some of the logic.
>>
>>63289773

If Karl was a character, Gervais would be given writers credit on MoL nigga
>>
>>63287116
>>63289773
>acting
>character
Does it fucking matter?
>>
>>63287116

Yes, because I'm sure he was acting back on a shitty radio show in 2001.
>>
>>63289773
Clearly someone who hasn't listened to every single radio or podcast these guys have done together.
>>
>>63289886
Karl
Manc
ftfy
>>
>>63289773

Ricky himself said that if Karl was a character there's no way they'd have wasted him on a terrible radio station.

Also as he said there's no way he could have had the time to write all the shit Karl has said.
They used to do the Radio show for 2 hours every week, a half hour episode of The Office would take them months to write.
>>
Phil Colons.

That was the Rockbusters where they weren't even laughing by the end and were just genuinely concerned about Karl's mental health.
>>
>>63290953
CHRIST D'BERG
>>
Post underrated Karl's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDYMbz64YvE

>I can't do this either.
>>
>>63285968
"I'm gay" -Karl Pilkington.
>>
>>63291090
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LKW-0VvjH0
>>
What's the best story from Karl's childhood and why is it Horse in the House?
>>
>>63291244
No chance, his dad driving the minibus to Blackpool is the greatest m8.
>>
I've always wanted to er, kick a duck up the arse
>>
>monkeys with eyes an inch and half out of their head....steve
>>
>What I mean is... I don't know what I mean
Just sums up Karl really
>>
>>63291150
He's said some pretty fucked up shit over the years. Remember when he said his Auntie Nora ran an eugenics support center?
>>
>>63285968
>I could eat a knob at night
>>
>>63291090
Oh fuck that had me stitches when I first heard it.

Why the fuck did Karl go along with it and how did they get away with that? Even for their usual standard that absolute stupid drivel.
>>
Man-moth?
>>
>>63291090
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mp3_heOH4
>>
That should be interesting for meatballs
>>
File: all right wall of china.jpg (27 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
all right wall of china.jpg
27 KB, 500x333
>>
>>63291274

I don't know if this qualifies, but the story of his brother driving a tank to get a pack of cigarettes still makes me smile.
>>
I could eat a knob at night
>>
>>63289773
I've read this post before.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-12-00h30m01s639.png (1 MB, 1541x1068) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-12-00h30m01s639.png
1 MB, 1541x1068
If you can't look a knob in the face there's something wrong.
>>
>>63291090
I love how fucking insane Ricky goes when he's excited.
>>
>>63285968
>the Moaning of Life will be on Netflix in the U.S. next month, mate

That's my favorite.
>>
>>63292377

top lad moment

2 cheeky 4 this planet
>>
The best thing ever said during the radio shows wasn't even by any of them

>"What do you think of Sainsburys introducing square tins?"
>"This will be a problem for meatballs."
>>
File: the horror.gif (3 MB, 480x361) Image search: [Google]
the horror.gif
3 MB, 480x361
>>63292920
>karl smiling
>>
>>63293123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkeEX73NCY
>>
>>63289773
>man-moth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xz88x0mm9Q
>>
File: uncontrollable panic.gif (701 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
uncontrollable panic.gif
701 KB, 320x240
>>63293349
>>
his film ideas
>>
>>63293349
Fuck, how have I never seen this?
>>
>>63289773
if Gervais wrote Karl's character then Karl would have a lot more quotes about why god doesn't exist. He quite often tries to talk to Karl about the bible and stuff but never manages to get satisfactory quotes out of him
>>
>>63293349
What evil is this!?
>>
Paraphrasing, but something to the effect of:
>We're always building things all the time. What if, like, it becomes too heavy for the world because there's too much stuff
Them trying to explain it too him was hilarious to me
>That's like taking a bunch of stuff in a room and moving it to the other side of the room, and wondering if the room can handle it
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.