[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck does this guy keep getting work? And big budget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
How the fuck does this guy keep getting work? And big budget work too? Who decided that this guy should be put in charge of the DC Cinematic Universe? I don't get it.
>>
Who the fuck did he suck off to get so much cinematic authority.
>>
>>63282927
Imagine having all the power in the world at a studio and no talent. Give me that kind of job.
>>
Most his stuff is financially successful. That speaks to execs more than anything
>>
He's an acquired taste; i used to hate Sucker Punch but i was watching it yesterday and i liked it more than before.

DotD is great (even better than the original); Watchmen is an awesome adaptation and MoS while weak, it's alright.

I say let him do his thing. Not like he's M. Night or Brett Rattner. Those guys really fucking suck
>>
>>63283288
>>Man of Steel 2
Permanent hiatus
>>Suckerpunch
lol
>>Watchmen
Moderate hit
>>Dawn of the Dead
Moderate hit

So really it's just 300, and Legend of the Guardians. And animated movies often do very well in the box office.

So he's not THAT financially successful. And considering what a big IP Superman is and how mediocre the box office numbers were? That's concerning.
>>
>>63283028
His wife is rich, actually.
>>
>>63283251

If a no talent hack can get that kind of job, there is absolutely nothing stopping people like us from doing the same. I just want a fat paycheck, but being challenged to save DC's movies could be fun as well.
>>
I don't get what snyder did to get so much hate. dawn of the dead is really good, and the rest of his films minus sucker punch were at least decently reviewed if not great. we have hacks like m. night and roland emmerich running around making millions and you guys are mad about this guy? who won't even direct too many DC movies past this one? I don't get it
>>
>>63283477
All his movies are ass except the Dawn of the Dead one. And also, he's been given the reigns of a beloved pop culture medium. DC Comics.
>>
He has good connections. Give him that much. I expect garbage anytime his name is attached to anything.
>>
>>63283553
b-b-bbbut sucker punch!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.