[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
I have a few work free days after months and i don't want to waste it on something bad.
Is this good?
This is probably the only good show i have heard about that i haven't watched. i just wanted to know if it is just nostalgia or if it is actually good
>>
only for really smart people, fa.m
>>
>if it is just nostalgia or if it is actually good

both
>>
>>63279514
Yes it's good
>>
>>63279563
this or arrested development?
i have not watched both. which is better?
>>
>>63279587

MITM is amazing
>>
MITM is patrician level television
>>
Yes, start on season 3
>>
Yes, very good, albeit sometimes cheesy. It hits close to home for a lot of people, if you are from a middle-class family or had troublesome brothers.
The later seasons are less good though (probably because they ran out of ideas), but the first 5 are GOAT.

Hal is one of the best characters on television to be honest.
>>
>>63279587
I can't say one is better than the other, they're both great shows. Malcom is more an outright comedy, Arrested Development is a little bit more clever and subversive.
>>
>>63279514

It's okay.

It gets really cringy at times and the kids can't act. Based Hal and Lois save the show though, they're always the best thing in the episode.
>>
The way that Francis is in a different environment every season is great.
>>
underrated show, not a bad episode
>>
>>63280273
Reese and Malcolm can act. Dewey is fine until he gets older, then he's a disaster
>>
>>63279514
I watched this as a kid growing up so for me it is nostalgia. It is also interesting to see how the characters evolve.
>>
>>63279514
It's good at first, like most American things it becomes a terrible parody of itself
>>
>>63283472
no it doesn't, it stays the same throughout its run
>>
Any show that features Cloris Leachman and Betty White on screen at the same time speaking to each other is an automatic 10/10 and FUCK you if you think otherwise.
>>
File: dewey.jpg (95 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
dewey.jpg
95 KB, 570x570
post your favourite clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEKS7O4FMzw
>>
>>63281861

whilst it is very consistent i hated the episodes with the smoking grandma

DUDE MY LEG CAME OFF LMAO
DUDE IM SMOKING INFRONT OF THE KIDS LMAO
DUDE IM DIFFICULT AND HAVE A FUNNY ACCENT LMAO
>>
>>63279514
Not the best sitcom, but perhaps the one with the most consistent quality.
>>
Latin american MITM dub is best dub (dub, obviously original language will always be superior).
http://youtu.be/XXIgm78eNcw
>>
>>63283513
Did he died?
>>
>63279514
Wtf

How did you find that cover art? They never released DVDs past s1 because of music licensing issues...
>>
>that episode where hal becomes the leader of a group of strongmen and gets them to pull his car to work

yes it's a good show
>>
>>63283712
Apparently they released all the seasons on DVD recently.
>>
File: hal.gif (975 KB, 245x183) Image search: [Google]
hal.gif
975 KB, 245x183
>>63283719

Hal is the best character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAzXKrMnNkk
>>
>>63283736
where?
>>
>>63279920
Dont listen to this faggot, the rollerskating ep is season 1 ffs,
>>
>>63283539
The bit where they try to scare her away by having a bunch of black people hit on her is 1000/10 tho
>>
>>63283736
I've had s1 for like 8 years... I just assumed it made no money so they were done.
>>
>>63283843
Region 2 and 4 (Europe, Asia, Latin America...). North America got fucked.
>>
>>63283918
and the rest of it is mostly shit
>>
>implying we wouldn't be colonizing the galaxy if every mother in history had been like Lois

Lois did nothing wrong.
>>
I've started watching it again and Lois is now my favourite character.

Do you think MITM is a boys show?
>>
yes. it would be worth watching even if it only had Hal and Lois as only characters
>>
>>63284599
>Do you think MITM is a boys show?

It has some good bits that could please women (basically everything involving Lois) but that's a show where 5 of the 6 main characters are boys doing boys' stuff (except Hal when he goes rollerskating but that's rare exception), I think the main demographic is males.
Now I also wonder what is the main age demographic. For example, my parents don't really like MITM because the children have a lot of screentime, and are troublesome little shits 80% of the time. I wonder if they're an exception, since the stuff involving Hal and Lois could appeal to older audience in my opinion.
>>
>it's the alternate universe bowling episode
10/10 comfy show
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.