[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Shield -Help me out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 460x276
Hello friends, is The Shield a serie worth getting into?
I've watched many of the condidered top tier shows, but I've always picked something else over The Shield, because I've fallen under the impression that it's your regular 2-dimensional cop-action show, and I've never been a fan of those.

Still this show always get brought up when i discuss Series with friends.

When i watch shows, the themes that are most important to me is deep character-involvement and a complex, but not to abstract story.

Should I give it a go or am I wasting time? Not asking you to decide my fate, I just want your input.
>>
Just watch it it's great. Watch the pilot to give you a good idea about the theme of the show.

Personally I was hooked from the beginning
>>
You'd be wasting your time. It's literally reddit, the cop drama.
>>
>>63275517
HE'S PISSING
HE''S PISSING EVERYWHERE
HOW DOES IT TASTE
BECAUSE TO ME IT TASTE LIKE PISSIN PISS
>>
One of the best shows ever
>>
Its an incredible ride. I'll admit that the first season (especially the pilot) seems try-hard as fuck, but each season is a huge jump in quality
>>
The Shield is a weird mix of being a episodic and a serial. It's not Law and Order where you can watch episodes in almost any order. But many episodes do absolutely nothing to further the plot, and then it's just a procedural police show that's a bit different because it's on cable.

It's not female friendly enough to ever really be critically acclaimed. But it was undersold in the marketing. All of the promo stuff for it was just Vic Mackey being aggressive. There's a lot more to it and him then that.

The show takes a long time to really develop the characters, it gets a lot better after a few seasons. It's kind of evident that it wasn't sure if it would be renewed for a while, but then the show does a 180.

If you do start watching it, stay out of the rare shield threads until you're done. There's WAY too many spoilers.

And there's a bad SJW plot in the first season. It doesn't get continued if you find it off putting.
>>
>>63275038
One of the GOAT crime dramas.
>>
>>63275038
It's good, but imo aged somewhat badly. Especially on the technical side.
>>
I liked some things in it but overall I hated how the entire writing had that drama fell to it. Characters felt like they were writen for a soap opera even though they were placed in a fairly realistic setting, and some plotlines lacked in grity realism. It ruins nearly every tv series for me. And I might sound like a HBO shill but out of every tv show I have watched only The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire havent fucked up in that department.
>>
I can't do cop shows anymore either, but The Shield is top quality. The first few eps are pretty good, if you're not feeling it by episode 3 or 4, it's not for you.

It's not quite as good (or as real) as The Wire, but still a million times better than any other cop show.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.