[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazon comes out of nowhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: The Man in the High Castle.jpg (271 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
The Man in the High Castle.jpg
271 KB, 1000x500
Hi. Regular poster on /tg/ coming over to ask how you guys feel about this show.

Personally, I have to say holy goddamn, I did not expect this show to be nearly as good as it was. I have not been as thoroughly surprised by a twist ending in years as I was by the last episode, but you can actually see the foreshadowing throughout the season with a subplot that felt significant but didn't make any sense at the time.

That is how you do foreshadowing for a twist: It should feel like something is going on to the audience, but the audience doesn't have all the pieces of the puzzle until after the reveal. Being so completely surprised by a sensible and alluded-to reveal is one of my favorite things in TV, and I love that it was pulled off so beautifully here.

What do you think of this show, /tv/?
>>
>>63274981
decent world building but wasted so much time on the love triangle and every julianna scene was terrible
>>
good, but so much wasted potential
>>
>>63274981
I wish the acting or at least the directing were better, the two leads felt just a little off throughout the show, not like in an intentional suspicious way but just like they didn't seem to know what emotion to show at any given time. Everyone else was pretty good but the dudeman and the ladygirl were just awkward.

Everything else is great through, the acting doesn't totally ruin it but it sticks out enough to cheapen it.
>>
>>63274981
this show is too dark.. literally. i have to turn up my tv's brightness to watch it... plus i found it remarkably boring for something i thot would be fascinating... i was hugely disappointed
>>
So what's the big gash between the Japs and the Nazis?
>>
>>63275228
the wild west basicly
i think its referred to as "the neutral zone"
>>
>>63275258
How can such a huge area of a country occupied by both Imperial Japan and the Third Reich remain neutral?
>>
Show is pretty fucking good. Though having been on 4chan for years all the Jews talk and concentration camp and camp for crippled etc turns me a bit 'off' somewhat.
>>
>>63275369
That's the point in the show. They don't.
>>
>>63275228
The Rocky Mountains your fucking retard.
>>63275009
This. Every non-nazi American is boring: The show.
>>
>>63275369
Back then middle america was fucking useless, the coasts have industry, while middle america is 99% farmers and farmland
>>
>>63275369
yea this >>63275379
it comes down to a bunch of fucked up shit happening their hence me referring it to the wild west
>>
>>63275427
yea food and crops are totally useless
>>
>>63274981
Everyone but the main characters and the resistance was great.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.