[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was too fucking real. I've known people like this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4
File: Nathan.jpg (140 KB, 876x798) Image search: [Google]
Nathan.jpg
140 KB, 876x798
This was too fucking real.

I've known people like this.

Too fucking real.
>>
I've also known people that did nothing wrong.
>>
>>63272426
What, HERP REDDITERP IMA RICH SCIENTIST AYN RAND WAS RIGHT UGUGUGUGU retards?
>>
>>63272469
Me too, literally.
>>
Why don't you guys post the fucking movie or show or whatever you are talking about?

You make this board really inhospitable for non-autists by doing this.

#normiemicroagressions
>>
>>63272564
it's a robot movie with cool robots in it acting like humans
>>
That movie is fairly well made but it's Baby's First Science Fiction. Not intellectually stimulating at all if you've read some Asimov.
>>
>>63272426
I know billionaires too OP we shouls network
>>
File: 1433096807516.jpg (31 KB, 470x528) Image search: [Google]
1433096807516.jpg
31 KB, 470x528
>>63272639
>>
>>63272639
literally reddit, the comment
>>
>>63272659
>le tip
baka
>>
>>63272639
Nah Asimov always assumed robots would work for us and our interests. He assumed they would think like us too.

I like Asimov but it's refreshing to see a movie about a robot that doesn't give a fuck about humanity and uses our weakass human emotions against us.
>>
>>63272639
>intellectually stimulating
fuck off back to reddit you fuck
>>
>>63272717
>never read/played I have no mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4
>>
>>63272564
>whatever you are talking about?
>You make this board really inhospitable for non-autists by doing this.
>#normiemicroagressions
It's how 4chan works. We talk in vague references as a way to express that we're experienced members of the community since everyone's anonymous. I think someone wrote a paper about this.
Someone can start a thread by littering just posting a picture of Tarantino with his mouth open and the word "uno" and it starts a shitstorm. Post that anywhere else and people would wonder what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>63272426
What do you even mean by that?
>>
Someone please post the dancing webm.
>>
>>63272717
That's just because the 3 laws of robotics that's ingrained into the robot's brains, isn't it?
>>
>>63273877
UNO?
>>
>>63274557
pick up 2... unoooooooo
>>
>>63273877
That uno shit is clearly a forced meme and shillposting, you can tell because an uno thread will start and continue indefinitely for hours, abating for some time then picking up again without any topic aberration.

I'm not surprised that somebody reading papers about newfag posturing would pick an astro turfed forced meme as their example of spontaneous group behavior.
>>
>>63274539
yes
he has short stories where they are not so nice once the laws are slightly modified but the only time they did harm is in only 2 books i think
>>
>>63272510
why is everything reddit with you guys?
for people who supposedly hate reddit you guys cant stop mentioning or referencing it
>>
>>63274661
Do they even need to be modified?
I'm not saying I like the Will Smith movie, but seems to be by the first law alone it's imperative for robots to take over humanity to save humanity from itself.
>>
>Still believing the Robot was actual AI
>>
you gays notice how the latest southpark is referencing this movie with the adgirl being the robit from ex-mechanicals
>>
>>63274729
what? what are you going on about?
ELABORATE PLEASE
>>
>>63272639
This. It's the type of subject matter that appeals to the demographic here, and it's less clumsy than a Nolan film, so casuals proclaim OMG GOAT of 2015!!
>>
>>63274750
It was just a robot. Not an AI. It had one task to accomplish, and it accomplished it. Hence why, it was planned to scrap it and use its data in order to go one step forward
>>
>>63273693
>A story about an AI that uses the human emotion of hate as motivation for all of its actions
>used to disprove that he wrote stories where robots would think like us too

Okay.
>>
>>63274790
is this just a fan theory or is there evidence?
i find this interesting.. i might have to rewatch ex-mechanicals
>>
>>63272426
you know someone who has created artificial intelligence?
>>
>>63274790
Was it given any task?
Just because that guy has the job of testing her doesn't mean she was instructed to do anything.
Besides, she figured out what happened to her predecessors, didn't want it to happen to her, planned against it and manipulated that guy in the process.
Was that a given task or all of that was her alone?
>>
>>63274901
pretty sure this guy >>63274729 is just making shit up in his head.. i asked him over then minutes ago if he had any real proof or if it was just a fan theory he regurgitated.... yea im pretty sure she was an AI with no humanity
>>
>>63274901
>>63274836
>>63274987
>Literally dumb as fuck
>>
>>63275150
Great rebuttal, idiot.
>>
>>63275150
>shitposts because he is wrong and butthurt
>no evidence to support his fucking retarded claim

"your a peepee head"

wow youre a faggot
>>
>>63272426

You've never known anyone with that amount of wealth, free time, or technical expertise.
>>
>>63272639

You don't have to read Asimov to find this shit boring. All you have to have done is watched an episode of The Outer Limits.
>>
>>63272717
>Nah Asimov always assumed robots would work for us and our interests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape!
>>
>>63274790

Yeah not, in that case she would just do nothing once she got out.
>>
>>63274987
not even him, but you had just said you found it interesting. the fact that you're practically begging him to tell you whether it's true or not just further proves his point about you being dumb as fuck. are you incapable of forming any ideas without having them spoonfed to you or needing the creator to explicitly state it?
>>
>>63275338
i never took the time to make up theories about a movie that was 6-7/10 at best none the less read about on reddit so fuck you if i said i wanted to know wtf he was talking about

pretty sure youre autistic ass is samefagging hard as shit right now

>not even him
even if you werent him why would you feel the need to differentiate yourself?
well probably because hes a dumbass
>>
>>63274790

People don't typically know what an AI is.

You're right, btw.
>>
>>63272426
You speak like reddit
>>
>>63275460

That's why he said he knew people like that.
>>
>>63275454
no hes not
lets just for one second go along with this bullshit
>nathan built ava as a robot that does not have AI
>nathan would most definitely program her not to be violent towards humans or endanger their lives in anyway (including himself)
>ava kills nathan and leaves kekboi to die

you guys are fucking stupid no wonder you all like science fiction
>>
>>63272469
I know people who tore up this dancefloor check it out
>>
>>63275460

>speak
>text
>>
>>63274619
3:17
:
>>
>>63275518
yo seriously stupid people like science fiction because it makes them feel intellectual
>>
>>63275518
>>nathan built ava as a robot that does not have AI

He never said that. He said Ava didn't qualify as AI. And if you recall, in the movie, they were testing the unit to see if it qualified as AI.

It didn't. It was a robot with an "escape the maze" protocol.
>>
>reminder that Ava locked the doors to trap Caleb
>>
>>63275476
>>63275460
THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

FUCKING SPOT ON, OP.

HAVE AN UPBOAT MY FINE FUCKING SIR.
>>
I wonder how that sanskrit saying that guy keeps quoting relates to him
>>
>>63275562
sure ok fag but youre missing my point

>nathan would most definitely program her not to be violent towards humans or endanger their lives in anyway (including himself)
>ava kills nathan and leaves kekboi to die

youre wrong
>>
>>63274619
He could have easily posted about

>JUST
>>
>>63275605
>>nathan would most definitely program her not to be violent towards humans

Why, when he programmed her to escape at all costs?
>>
>>63273693
that's harlan ellison you fucking autistic nigger, get the fuck out of this website
>>
>>63275625
he never programmed her to escape
why would he even do that?
dont you see how retarded that sounds?

youre wrong
>>
>>63275454
exactly

for example, this idiot thinks AI is something that goes against its programming>>63275605
>>
>>63275646

K.
>>
>>63274701
it takes a very special positronic brain to do that and in a case where the robot does understand the concept of "humanity" and not just humans its mostly locked in place and cant do much
>>
File: th3JROJSWW.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
th3JROJSWW.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
but what did she mean by this?

how did she get Kyoko on her side?
>>
>>63275748
>"puffy vagina"
>>
File: oscar isaac jessica chastain.jpg (49 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
oscar isaac jessica chastain.jpg
49 KB, 534x712
Is he the best actor of his generation?
>>
>>63272426
>In theater with friend
>robot stabs him
>intense scene
>he starts walking down the hallway
>"fucking unreal"
i usually try not to laugh out loud in theaters but holy fuck that line was great. He could have said anything else but nothing was as perfect as "fucking unreal".
made the movie for us.
>>
>>63272426
Was anyone else uncomfortable with this guy?
In a good way

Like, him and betamax guy in the same room was just fucking tense
>>
>>63275810
Id argue for tom hardy.
>>
>>63272426
We've all met natural alpha males that were not only strong and intimidating but frustrating in their friendliness and intellect.
>>
>>63272426
>I've known people like this.
yeah me too. It's exhausting to be around people who are so intense. It keeps me off balance, I can't relax
>>
>>63275859
I was legit scared of him
>>
>>63275810

is he the guy that plays pablo escobar in Narcos?
>>
that guy has the most see-thru buzz cut ever
>>
>>63272717
niggah yo udont even know what the film is about you fucking fucked up why the fuck are you even here fucking leave!!
>>
>>63272639
Asimov? thats what your mom asked for last night
>>
>>63275854
brilliant acting, oscar isaac is a freaking acting machine. I wish he had been the fucking lead in this new star wars moving instead of boyega ugggg
>>
>>63272564
just click on google rev search and you would know it you fucking lazy fat ass
>>
>>63272564
it's Boku No pico
>>
>>63272426
Reminder that he did nothing wrong
source : computer engineer
>>
>>63278305

He died. Unless he wanted to die, then he did something wrong.

source: logic.
>>
>>63272426
what movie is this and what is it about?
>>
>>63274681
reddit reddit REDDIT reddit redditor reddit reddit REDDIT reddit REDDIT
>>
>>63278862

It's not a movie. It's the second episode of the first season of the reboot of The Outer Limits.
>>
>>63275859
He was constantly training and boozing, so it was natural to assume that at some point he would use phyisical strength against the beta guy.
Instead he was just a boozing fitfag and the real threat was hidden in plain sight.
>>
>>63278818
so the robot did nothing wrong ?
>>
>>63274733
ye
>>
>>63278235

this so much, but only if he kept the beard.
>>
>>63275748
Kyoko didn't do anything. She just stood there, holding the knife and Nathan walked into it. Ava had it all neatly planned.
>>
>>63278235
He's not an acting machine, but his charisma's off the charts
>>
>he programmed an AI
>gave it the task of escaping
>Pretends to abuse her, tries to push the test guy to "betray" him
>everything works.
>robot is just a little smarter than he thought
>get killed
>robot escapes

she'll probably be sitting in front of his house doing nothing for ever.

from what I understood of it it seemed like the movie was simply trying to argue that an AI, as sophisticated as it can be, would only do what it's told and have no will of its own
>>
>>63272564

I literally hate and want to disembowel+flay you alive for this post
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.