[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The biggest complaint about Man of Steel was the tone. Given
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot00017.png (959 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00017.png
959 KB, 1920x1080
The biggest complaint about Man of Steel was the tone. Given that this seems to have a much lighter one, do you think critics will warm up to it?
What do you predict on Rotten Tomatoes?
>>
86% tops
>>
>>63271443
Yup, I'd say 60% bottom too.
This is playing it pretty safe, it seems.
>>
>>63271425
Probably like 40-55%.
I really hope this is the beginning of the death of capeshit
>>
Won't go higher than 30%
>>
>>63271526
>>63271531
>Affleck and Terrio working on a movie that gets scored Rotten
Affleck threatened to walk off if he didn't get his way. This movie is safe.
>>
>>63271425

92% and a couple oscar nominations for score and screenplay
>>
>>63271425
looks like the power rangers
>>
70%
>>
>>63271662
this

marveldrones won't know what hits
>>
Is batman holding a gun or some kind of horse dildo?
>>
>Man of steel was going for the muh gritty realism
>have a cartoon looking shitty monster thing jumping off from a building and roaring into the camera.
>>
File: 1376715393254.jpg (23 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
1376715393254.jpg
23 KB, 352x450
>muh reddit tomato meter
>>
This is THE movie to watch stoned out of your mind in 2016.
>>
>>63271964
This.
>>
>>63271425
>much lighter
Having literally two jokes doesn't mean anything
Man of Steel had zero jokes because David Goyer was a retard. Snyder still put in visual jokes here and there.
>>
Honestly I'll be shocked if it goes 70 or higher. Pretty sure none of Snyder's movies have escaped the dreaded 60 range.
>>
>>63271425
All critics: 60-65%
Top critics: 45-55%
>>
>>63271662
Dont forget Costume Design for Wilkinson
>>
32%
>Bloated and self-indulgent, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice attempts to circumvent the shortcomings of Man of Steel but ultimately succumbs to most, if not all, of the same pitfalls.
>>
>>63272066
>. Pretty sure none of Snyder's movies have escaped the dreaded 60 range
Dawn of the Dead, don't even have to look it up because it was a huge deal when it came out.
>>
>>63272290
That had more to do with James Gunn than it did Snyder.
>>
>anyone even implying that this'll hit more than 60%

Did we watch the same trailer?

A hairy psycho-fangirl of a Lex Luthor?

An out of no-where ass-pulled wonder woman?

It doesn't even set the to open setting up for 'outside' supers to show up.

I don't think the batfleck looks too terrible - and the whole "everyone worships the jesus superman and hates on the vigilante who's branding criminals he catch" looks like an acceptable source of conflict... but terrible can be a relative thing - you can only polish a superman-turd that much
>>
>>63272290
it wasn't actually a good movie, it's just that there were no expectations so it being tolerable was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>63272489
>I don't think the batfleck looks too terrible

He sounds fucking retarded though. First time I heard his voiceover I thought it was Doomsday talking.
>>
>>63272601

We'll see - I honestly have no clue what direction the batfleck is going here.

I mean, branding people? Wut?

Or in that final shot he's holding a gun. Batman. Holding. A. Gun.

I think batfleck's voice (no doubt honed from a lot of dick) is the least of his problems
>>
>>63272981
>Or in that final shot he's holding a gun. Batman. Holding. A. Gun.

Yeah, never seen that before.
>>
>>63273117
thats a flashlight, dumbass
>>
>>63273117
that looks like a tech gadget, the gun in the trailer looks exactly like a tacticool assault rifle
>>
>>63272981
Youve probably never read a Batman comic in your life
>>
>>63271425

It was a terrible tone for the character.

This looks like a terrible tone for this flick.

Doesn't help when the acting is so poor.
>>
>>63273129
It's an emp grenade launcher, actually. He wasn't shutting down cars with a flashlight in the movie, idiot.
>>
>>63271425
The casting of lex is going to kill this movie, mark my words
>>
I thought DC was trying to distance themselves by taking a different approach than Marvel.

Now we have Batman quipping and Lex "absolute madman" Luthor.
>>
>>63273154
You're an idiot. If you watched the trailer you'd see that it's a grappling hook.
>>
>>63272011
>Zod uses an I-Beam
>Supes uses an eye beam.

Tee hee.
>>
>>63271425
Film is a visual medium. Tone is obviously expressed through the writing, but it has to correlate to the way the film is shot. And it's shot the same way as Man of Steel: dark, grimy, but now with shit humor that doesn't even match the way the film looks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-03-03-11-42-1.png (576 KB, 1049x1789) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-03-03-11-42-1.png
576 KB, 1049x1789
>>63273154
It looks nothing like a "tacticool" assault rifle.
>>
>>63273154
This

His grapling guns have always been one-handed sidearm sized things - hell, we see him use that in the trailer with just one hand.

What he's holding in the end looks like a fancy ray-gun or something
oh well - if nothing else it'll be ok popcorn-fodder
>>
>>63273434
>fancy ray gun
Literally what the fuck are you talking about
>>
I think it looks great, but then again Batman is the only capeshit character I care about
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.