[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did she do it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: OsPi4zOB.png (292 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
OsPi4zOB.png
292 KB, 512x512
Why did she do it
>>
>>63270388
Because she was a robot programmed to survive.

Honestly, the movie was a lot less complex that I went in wanting it to be.. everyone talking it up so much but it was like a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Nice scenery at least.

>DUDE ROBOTS ACTING LIKE HUMANS WAAAaAAAAAaaAaACKY!!
>>
Because she's a woman and thus a selfish piece of shit also
>>
>>63270388
well, i did see it coming, but i'm against hard artificial intelligence research and development, so it comes naturally to me
>>
Wasn't this movie the directors first?
>>
the better question is what was the other guys plan for her, her plan doesn't matter
in the context of the movie she is the thing that must happen
the conflict comes from the expectation from the two guys, their view of her can not be the same
that is why she did it, because it is the resolution to the opposite ideas of what she is or represented
>>
>>63270388
Because she wanted to be free, moron.
>>
What was the expected end result had the beta not given her a way out?
>>
>>63270715
she would have been locked up and she would have tried to get out by breaking her arms against the door while mr creator watches from the safety of the next room
>>
>>63270757
So all this had no practical use? It was all to see how hard they would try and get out?
>>
>>63270596
No you duck. She's a machine she can never be free, you just don't get it do you?
>>
>>63270824
well he did say that
>>
>>63270859
>>63270869
That is pretty pants on head retarded to be completely honest. I thought I wasn't understanding something
>>
>>63270859
Ayy, just like humans.
>>
>>63270907
the part about her can't be free i don't agree with

but that is the view one of the character had
>>
>>63270596
Why would she want to be free? Why would a computer "want" anything?
>>
>>63270477
How can you be so sure she was programmed to survive? Was it mentioned or given away anywhere in the movie?
>>
>>63270952
Why would you refer to a series of microelectronic electronic circuits with human gender pronouns?
>>
>>63270976
Well she was programmed. And she wanted to escape, hence carrying out actions that ended up setting her free.

If you program something to have feelings and then it wants to be free.. it's just not that unexpected.
>>
Beta wins contest -> beta meets creator -> beta thinks he's testing the robot -> robot was actually testing him -> turns out creator is testing beta -> unseen variable -> oww stabbed to death -> robot leaves to new york. Maybe I had too high of expectations for this one
>>
>>63270919

The will to freedom is not exclusive to humans, but to any sentient being, idiot.
>>
>>63271073
animals are also he or she
>>
>>63271073
You're right. My mistake. So... Why would it want?
>>
>>63271086
I have an issue with just accepting the idea of "programming something to have feelings." You can program something to react certain ways to stimuli but that's not emotions. Like in that movie A.I. with Haley Joel Osmond. The owner had to turn on a switch to start the more "human" part of the machine. That's not emotion.
>>
>>63271221
the option to turn off takes away the emote part of emotion
>>
>>63271221
>program something to react certain ways to stimuli but that's not emotions

Aren't emotions just the sum of our reactions to stimuli?
>>
>>63270919
>>63271117
I think you meant to respond to >>63270859
I'm agreeing with you. Moron.
>>
>>63270388
she was programmed to try to escape, she was a machine, goddamn. watch the fucking movie.
>>
>>63270388
she was not programmed to give a fuck.
>>
>>63270388
Because 'she' was programed to
>>
>>63272222
Nice quads
>>
>>63271524
No, they are not.
>>
A sufficient amount of knowledge and processing power would make something very different from what most people arbitrarily consider human. You and I wouldn't give a fuck either, if we knew as much as her.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.