[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Setsuko Hara is dead. To think just a few weeks ago I looked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: hara.jpg (25 KB, 489x526) Image search: [Google]
hara.jpg
25 KB, 489x526
>Setsuko Hara is dead.

To think just a few weeks ago I looked her up and was glad to see she was still alive. I did not find out until today. She really was a terrific actress.
>>
File: 1442420926565.jpg (51 KB, 915x674) Image search: [Google]
1442420926565.jpg
51 KB, 915x674
>>63266761
And a good friend.
>>
>>63266761

Who?
>>
>a few weeks

She died in September bruh
>>
Congratulations for finally escaping this shit.
>>
>>63266761
>>63266808
>>63266833
/tv/ eveybody!
>>
>>63266808
You fought in the shitposting wars?
>>
dumb slut honestly
>>
>>
S E T S U K O 節子
>>
H A R A 原
>>
>>63266846
They didn't disclose this information until November 25. I may have looked up her in October, at which point she was still listed as alive.

>>63266937
I watched this movie today, which lead to the sad revelation. She was really wonderful in it.
>>
File: setsuko hara.jpg (455 KB, 999x678) Image search: [Google]
setsuko hara.jpg
455 KB, 999x678
>>63267002
She has a certain air about her, it almost reminds me of Lillian Gish.
>>
>>63266761
Of all OZU I have only watched Tokyo Story

She looks like an angel in it.

I heard there is another one she starred as a high school teacher. Never bothered to watch it
>>
File: STSK HR.png (831 KB, 608x464) Image search: [Google]
STSK HR.png
831 KB, 608x464
>>63267159

THEIR BONE STRUCTURES, AND FACIAL FEATURES, ARE SIMILAR.
>>
File: Lillian Gish by Edward Steichen.jpg (290 KB, 895x1133) Image search: [Google]
Lillian Gish by Edward Steichen.jpg
290 KB, 895x1133
Is Setsuko going to be your new deadfu, Fugue?
>>
>>63267183
She's really quite good in the entire Noriko trilogy.

>>63267285
Yes, that too, but also something less tangible.
>>
>>63267285
>.png
Just as I thought, you're not the real Rei Koz.
>>
>>63267337
I don't think so, I would like to think I'm not that fickle. Though I do find her quite charming and I lament her death.
>>
File: STSKHR SMILE.png (125 KB, 223x285) Image search: [Google]
STSKHR SMILE.png
125 KB, 223x285
>>63267415
>Yes, that too, but also something less tangible.

IT IS NOBILITY, WHICH MANIFESTS PHYSICALLY, BIOLOGICALLY, MENTALLY, PSYCHICALLY, SPIRITUALLY, AND ETHICOMORALLY; THE APPARENT INTANGIBILITY TO WHICH YOU REFER IS DUE TO THE FAILURE TO DISTINGUISH WHICH ASPECT OF IT IS BEING PERCEIVED.
>>
>>63267531
Go back to absolutely being dead, Hegel
>>
>>63267531

Yes, you make an astute point. Few possess their nobility. I also believe they both possessed a great talent for the art they pursued, commiting such authenticity to their roles it becomes quite jarring to realise the contrast between them and their characters.
>>
>>63267839
>commiting such authenticity to their roles it becomes quite jarring to realise the contrast between them and their characters.

IF THE CONTRAST BETWEEN THE CHARACTER, AND THE PERSON, IS OVERLY GREAT, I THINK THAT THE OPPOSITE OF AUTHENTICITY IS THE PRIME FACTOR, REGARDLESS, I THINK THAT THERE IS A GREATER SIMILARITY BETWEEN THE CHARACTER, AND THE PERSON, THAN BETWEEN THE PERSON, AND THE IDEALIZED PERSON.
>>
>both Yasujiro Ozu and Sesuko Hara were involved with films about marriage
>neither of them got married in real life
>it was rumored that they both loved one another, but neither could tell the other
>>
Stop making this thread, fag
>>
>>63268702
One of the oldest stories, and one of the most tragic.
>>
>>63267415
Tokyo Twilight has her best performance, also Chishu Ryu's (it is the closest late Ozu ever came to full-on melodrama, so the actors had more to work with)

loved her a lot in Late Autumn, too, which is sort of a re-telling of Late Spring but with Hara in the role as the parent reluctantly trying to get an uninterested daughter married
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.