[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread for one the greatest works of art made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 550x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 550x229
Can we have a thread for one the greatest works of art made by man?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2jugsYQXM
>>
Would have loved to see the original cut where Adrian Brody was the main character
>>
>>63263539
Certainly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA
>>
>neo-/tv/ doesn't even know who Malick is
>>
File: ttrl ending.gif (487 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
ttrl ending.gif
487 KB, 1280x544
GOD YU TEKKEM LAEF BLONG MIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>63264756

Just did a quick wiki of this guy and saw he made a Pocahontas movie that was an objective realistic portrayal of the historical events that even included a real American Indian actress as Pocahontas. lol what a cvck, go back to tumblr with your reddit directors fag.
>>
>>63264885
well constructed bait
>>
>>63263539
>man
Malick is not a man, He is the Universe itself, distilled into a mortal form. Call him the Metatron, an avatar, a demiurge, an angel, whatever - He is above all Reality, trascendent, and filled with infinite love, the very essence and perfection of Existence descended as human.
>>
/tv/, where's your spark now?
>>
>>63265669
This whole film is proof that 35mm has a natural beauty that digital can never have.
>>
File: cinematography.jpg (96 KB, 598x590) Image search: [Google]
cinematography.jpg
96 KB, 598x590
>>63265780
lmao nigger even Malick shoots digital now
Take your film nostalgia and shove it where there's no natural light
>>
>>63265868
He's shooting some scenes of his newest film digitally to showcase the shallowness and sterile unhappiness of hedonism/normalscum.
Bale's character is redeemed by the end, which is shot on 35mm.
>>
>>63265962
>He's shooting some scenes of his newest film digitally
lmao fucknigger there were some normal scenes in To the Wonder that were filmed with a Red because it looked better
>>
>>63266082
>because it looked better
'no'

The Arrri Alexa is the only digital film camera that is even good enough to suck 35mm's dick.
>>
File: bonercop.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
bonercop.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>dat criterion blu ray
Wasn't a big fan of the plot but goddamn what a beautiful looking movie
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 629x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 629x817
>>63266143
>plot
>important

>inb4 iphone poster ree
I'm in an airport.
>>
File: TOO OLD IS HEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (119 KB, 695x642) Image search: [Google]
TOO OLD IS HEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
119 KB, 695x642
>>63266319
>going outside
>>
>>63266319
IPHONE POSTER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but I don't see it as an actually bad thing either
>>
>>63266319
im sorry but im obviously not up to date on this dank meme. whats so bad about posting on an iphone?
>>
>>63266412
it's some /r9k/ shit because they assume anyone who is able to afford a smartphone and isn't some neet faggot is a normie from reddit
>>
>>63266368
full disclosure: I'm actually in the tub.
>>
>>63266490
thanks. wont be partaking in this memes it seems really dumb
>>
test
>>
:^)
>>
its the best film of all time. i would kill for the cut footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bRJ0yyVb_o
>>
>>63263569
so all the japs went crazy because of malnourishment and dehydration?
>>
>>63266129
go to bed grampa
>>
>>63263539
> the meme red line
> art
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.