[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt things plebs say about film that is equivalent to wearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1429903417161.png (20 KB, 575x635) Image search: [Google]
1429903417161.png
20 KB, 575x635
itt things plebs say about film that is equivalent to wearing a sign that says "i'm a giant pleb"

>it was slow
>nothing happens
>the ending sucked/dat ending
>the concept is cool
>>
>my favorite movies are Donnie Darko, Pulp Fiction, and Grand Budapest. Yeah I'm a pretty big film fan
>>
File: 1321650514522.jpg (91 KB, 912x855) Image search: [Google]
1321650514522.jpg
91 KB, 912x855
>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who are pro neo-80s
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed
>>
>>63259545
The biggest red flag for me is when they call people 'plebs'.
>>
>>63259711
I agree with all of those being pleb alerts except Wes Anderson. He's good.
>>
>it's confusing
>nothing happened
>i couldn't relate to the main protagonist
>it didn't have a happy ending
>there's no action
>they're talking too much
>that score was amazing! amazing movie because of it! *insert any movie with a score from Hans Zimmer*
>it's too long
>Tarantino and Nolan are master film makers
>I don't like James Cameron! He's so arrogant and full of himself!
>Terminator 2 was the best Terminator
>Return of the King is the best in the trilogy
>>
>>63259861
Sorry my friend, but you are a pleb too
>>
>>63259545
I wouldnt know, I am not a plebeian
>>
>>63259878

>>that score was amazing! amazing movie because of it! *insert any movie with a score from Hans Zimmer*

implying Zimmers scores aren't great
>>
>>63259545
>none of the characters are likable
>I can't relate to any of the characters
These two trigger my autism the most
>>
>>63260008
Most of them are but it's the fact that people get manipulated into thinking movies are greater than they really are because they let themselves get emotionally manipulated by the score.
>>
>>63260072

fair enough

i personally don't think it's really wrong to use the soundtrack to pace a film or underline the emotions running through a scene, but i do get what you mean
>>
>>63260258
It's not, as long as the scene works by itself.
>>
>>63259878
>Terminator 2 was the best Terminator
This desu
>>
File: 1383906427084.jpg (17 KB, 365x385) Image search: [Google]
1383906427084.jpg
17 KB, 365x385
>just happened to be watching a hitchcock movie
>roommate sat down and watched it with me
>"wow dude I didn't know an old movie could be good"
>>
>I don't watch movies in black and white
>>
>>63259878
"It's confusing" is a legitimate criticism though . It's not like every film is made by a master at the height of his craft
It might just be terrible
>>
>>63259711
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
I at least give those people the benefit of the doubt compared to someone who says something like pulp fiction
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
He's not some visionary director or anything but again if someone preferred comedy from wes anderson as opposed to someone like judd apatow or kevin smith i wouldnt call them a full on pleb.
>People who are pro neo 80's
b-but i think it can be cool to look at sometimes....
In all seriousness neo 80's can be really cool and interesting, but it can also really suck. If someone just likes everything remotely tied to that concept they obviously dont have much taste but thats not to say the genre is not without gems.
>>
>movie has a classical score
>not new wave synth or free form jazz
>>
>>63260465
Sorry let me rephrase that. Entry level films are confusing!

Prime example is Inception.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.