[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /tv/ hate Oldboy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: oldboy.jpg (26 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
oldboy.jpg
26 KB, 570x300
Why does /tv/ hate Oldboy?
>>
it's popular
>>
>>63258834
It got popular
>>
it became literally reddit: the foreign film
>>
It's mediocre.
And popular.
>>
>>63258834
I don't hate it, it's just very average. Used to be one of my favorite flicks when I first saw it 8 years ago, but once your standards raise from watching more film you realize it's mediocre.
>>
>>63258858
>>63258862
This. Popular things always have the most shit talked about them.
>>
>>63258834
/tv/ sucks, it is one if the rare korean movies that didn't make me want to chew on broken glass
>>
>>63258858
>>63258862
This. 4chan runs on contrarianism. Why do you think there's a christian fade all over?
>>
>>63258922
Of course you'd hold that filthy opinion, you fucking virgin autistic redditor.
>>
>>63258858
>it's popular
>>63258862
>It got popular
>>63258888
>popular.
Why should that matter?

>>63258886
>it became literally reddit: the foreign film
That doesn't make any sense, the movie came out before Reddit even existed.
>>
>>63258906
What are your favorite films, senpai?
>>
/tv/ used to love it and post it every day, then the summerfags became regulars and brought all their shitty taste along with them
>>
File: tfw.jpg (76 KB, 564x714) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
76 KB, 564x714
>>63258834
They shouldn't hate it, but it is overrated.
It's like a perfect high school movie when you're at that age range. Your chemicals will react just the right way.
Later, it's fine, but not good.
>>
So many redditors ITT. Here's why it's bad: it's pure shlock that makes weed smoking retards feel tough because they can handle a little bit of shock value. On top of that you literally have reddit: the twist at the end.

If you give this movie anything above a 6/10, you are revealing yourself as the type of person who feels personally insulted when an intelectual discussion takes place.

Fuck you.
>>
It's good and it suddenly got global attention all of a sudden 4-5 years ago. Then slowly the contrarians flooded the board and started calling it Reddit.

I don't care if fucking Redditors like it. They probably also like redheads. They can't ruin redheads and they can't ruin fun things.

They'll always be ours.
>>
>implying it isn't just thriving on sensationalism
>implying it doesn't have melodramatic acting and weak direction with a few good shots
>implying the violence wasn't just shock value for its korean crowd
>implying your silly one-take hallway scene isn't actually mediocre and poorly executed
>implying even josh brolin wasn't much better as oh dae‑su than the choi min sik

The movie is /b/ tier trash you tasteless drone
>>
There are people on /tv/ right now who think they're patrician for letting popularity dictate their taste in film.

There are people on /tv/ right now who are not only aware of what movies Reddit likes, but care enough to let it influence their taste in film.
>>
>>63259194
>"Here's why it's bad"
>Goes on to make a generalization about what everyone who enjoys the film MUST be like
>Instead of saying anything about the actual film
>>
>>63259405
Case in point.
>>
Literally memeboy, directed by reddit
>>
Literally memeboy, directed by reddit.
>>
>>63258834
Because it was popularized by Casuals who thought it was the edgiest shit.
>>
File: 1326689198269.png (74 KB, 255x176) Image search: [Google]
1326689198269.png
74 KB, 255x176
>>63259533
Source on that fact? And why should that have any effect on the quality of the actual film?
>>
>>63259194
?
>>
>>63259001
think of it like /b/, pre and post chanology. it went from a "cool underground thing" to a "cool underground thing everyone knows about". so it's reddit because it's popular.
>>
>>63259533
it was pretty edgy tho
>>
Babby's first foreign and/or asian film
Crime genreshit for plebs
>>
I used to be a fan but then I found out /tv/ hates it, so now I hate it as well
>>
>>63258834
Get that fucking gook shit out of here. Fucking disrespectful to all those men who died in 'nam and Korea seeing commie propaganda all over the place
>>
>>63259569

that's how human association works
>>
>>63259607
/b/ was never cool though.
How about this? Does 4chan being popular because of /b/ and being widely considered the edgy "dark side of the internet" by Redditors and normalfags alike, make 4chan any less enjoyable of a website to you?
>>
>>63259665
Of course.
>>
>>63259654
It's not though. The film doesn't change, it's the exact same as it was in 2003. The only changing factor here is your insecurity and desire to fit in.
>>
Because there are much better koreashit movies
>>
>>63259680
It shouldn't. The only thing that should change your opinion of 4chan is 4chan itself. The community and culture has changed since the days of old-/b/, perhaps for the worse.

But a film can't change, no matter what people say about it. If you think it's bad, that's fine. But if your reason that it is bad is because some Redditors like it, then we're not really talking about the film are we?
>>
>someone is insulting a film I like
>quick, deflect the validity of other people's opinions by saying they're being contrarian
>worldview validated
>>
>>63259837
Nobody has insulted the film yet though. They insulted other people who like it and it's popularity.
>>
>>63259869
Twisting reality like a true liberal. Just check the thread again.
>>
>>63259905
>Twisting reality like a true liberal
lmao
>>
>>63258834
I wasn't aware there was a film that /tv/ didn't hate
>>
>>63259359
Loathing reddit is a must requirement to develop a non memetic taste. Just look at their favorites, then do exactly the opposite of what they say. I don't check their favorite movies very often but sometimes when my schedule is busy and my reason is not working very well to evaluate a film I just take a quick look at r/movies and r/truefilm and if they like the film in there the likelihood of it being also spectacularly memetic and filled with infantile content is high. The r/movies top 250 is just a big bandwagon of mediocrity.
>>
>>63260289
You spend a lot of time worrying about Reddit, man.
>>
>>63258834
Like half of this thread is hidden for me so I'm guessing it's considered a reddit movie.
>>
>>63260289

>This is your brain on autism.
>>
>>63260440
This whole thread is people obsessively spamming that over and over.
>>
Baby's first Korean movie
>>
>>63258834
>Liking Oldboy

Bet you like Psy too faggot
>>
>>63260521
Never heard of that movie.
>>
I've noticed that it's taboo to find reddit repulsive nowadays. I wonder why.
>>
>>63261240
Because they've flooded the board due to star wars 7 shit
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.