[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thom Yorke compares YouTube business model to Nazi art theft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: thom.jpg (24 KB, 300x323) Image search: [Google]
thom.jpg
24 KB, 300x323
Is he right, /tv/?

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/12/radioheads-thom-yorke-compares-youtube-business-model-to-nazi-art-theft/
>>
>“They make money from the work of artists who do not get any benefit," Yorke said (according to the translation). "Service providers make money: Google, YouTube. A lot of money. ‘Oh, sorry, was it yours? Now it's ours. No, no, we are joking, it is always yours.’ They seize it. It’s like what the Nazis did during the Second World War. Actually, they all did that during the war, the British, too—steal the art from other countries. What’s the difference?”
>>
Thom went to the darkside years ago.

Pig disgusting.
>>
>>63258313
I don't know, but That "business model" is hardly surprising. And with the content that comes from most of the shit I watch, I really don't care. I can't think of a single Youtuber I haven't forgotten about for months at a time only to have some vague memory of and watch their new content and think, "meh, I didn't miss much". Then there's the childish bitching that Youtube is fucking with them. They don't get a lawyer they don't ask for help from viewers that might be lawyers they whine and whine about how unfair whatever new term is making siting at home and recording themselves the hardest job in the world. I just don't give a fuck about them or their "art".
>>
How about giving us a new radiohead album instead of complaining all the time?
>>
>>63260559
Jonny has moved on. Thom is left in his dust.
>>
the Yorke
>>
>Using Nazi as a comparison for anything

The shock value wore off long ago, it cheapens any opinion. Put this cunt in the fucking trash
>>
You should be asking a board full of people that actually know about art like /lit/, /mu/ or /ic/

/tv/ is pro youshit /v/ club house now
>>
Who cares? Muse went to shit after Creep.
>>
>>63258313
Couldn't you have posted pictures of the original article? That article is second hand, it's the typical repost information with unnescessary attitude and spin.
Would rather have not given it page views.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.