[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies you'd like to see on released Criterion. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: 4178919_orig.jpg (189 KB, 637x800) Image search: [Google]
4178919_orig.jpg
189 KB, 637x800
Movies you'd like to see on released Criterion.

I don't know how this one hasn't made it yet.
>>
>>63257750
I recently got into Chet's music, is this any good? What's Criterion?
>>
>>63257750
Chet Baker had the most soothing voice I've ever heard. I'm looking foward to seeing this movie at some point. I want them to release pic related. They've put out a bunch of Archers films, but not my favorite.
>>
Fitzcarraldo
>>
Color of Pomegranates
Don't mind the distributor, just someone get a Blu-Ray out
>>
>>63261794
What in the world was that movie? I tried really hard to watch it, but I could only take 30 minutes. And I enjoyed Persona and Last Year at Marienbad the first time I saw them. I know it's like a "poetic biopic". Do I need to be familiar with the guy it's about?
>>
File: IAMSERGEIPARADJANOV!.jpg (68 KB, 279x361) Image search: [Google]
IAMSERGEIPARADJANOV!.jpg
68 KB, 279x361
>>63261875
It's literal poetry, a pleb like you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>63261702
FYI the BFI bluray looks fantastic.

The Last Movie, Out of the Blue, some Brazilian films (Glauber Rocha, Pereira dos Santos, Limite, Jose Mojica Marins, Rogerio Sganzerla etc.), Hsiao-hsien, Andrzej Zulawski, Sergei Parajanov, Ida Lupino (director), Joe Sarno, Pietro Germi, Alberto Lattuada and Karel Zeman. These would all be great directors/films to be released.
>>
Cure
>>
>>63259624
It is really sad. He was a sad old drug addict at the end. The music is great though.
>>
>>63262010

He wasn't even that old desu. Only 58 when he died, he just looked ancient from the heavy drug use.
>>
>>63259624

Yeah it's a beautifully done documentary.
>>
>>63257750
>>
File: John Vachon, 1943 wide.jpg (455 KB, 1600x1030) Image search: [Google]
John Vachon, 1943 wide.jpg
455 KB, 1600x1030
>>63257750
Since you mentioned a music doc, I would love to see Criterion/MoC/BFI/Arrow release these.

Urgh! A Music War
Thelonious Monk: Straight, No Chaser
Baby Snakes
Heartworn Highways
>>
>>63262294
I actually want them to do this. Contact Tommy about putting him film in the collection and treating it just like they treat every other film. Assemble a bunch of extras for it. Have interviews with Tommy where he talks about various scenes in detail. Make a video of him in the Criterion closet talking about the movies in there. It would be amazing.
>>
>>63262472
I'd add this one. I'm not even into jazz, but this stuff is great. Chuck Berry's in it, but his song is probably the weakest in the whole film. That's how good the rest of it is.
>>
>>63262870
Exactly. Tommy is such an interesting character, and though the Disaster Artist answered some questions, I would love more information about the making of The Room and Wiseau.
>>
>>63262870
I'm now imagining Criterion inviting Tommy to pick movies from their storeroom.
>Oh hi, this is Rebel Without the Cause, it's my favorite movie and James Dean I liked him so much.
>>
>>63263007
>I was very sad he raped that gurl.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.