[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sinister
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: sinister-dvd-review.jpg (42 KB, 510x336) Image search: [Google]
sinister-dvd-review.jpg
42 KB, 510x336
Are these movies actually frightening? I always thought the demon just looked like a rock star who's in to body mods.
>>
>>63256205
>Are these movies actually frightening?
If you're 10. And a girl.
>>
All the demon stuff is awful, tapes are the only good part.
>>
Sinister is a 10/10 when it was just Ethan Hawk finding creepy ass movies. As soon as it got supernatural with the slo-mo ghost kids the movie becomes a 1/10. Seriously, one of the biggest drops in quality in a horror movie ever. Worse drop than Begotten after the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>63256205
they're fun, but not that scary
>>
>>63256290
this
>>
>>63256290

Pretty much this. Showing something makes it less scary. The fear of the unknown is much bigger than a creepy fucking mask and a bunch of ghost kids in bad makeup.

It was pretty good until that shit started to show up, desu senpai.
>>
That lawnmower bit was a good jumpscare
>>
>>63256628

Best fucking jumpscare since Exorcist 3. It was that fucking good.
>>
My last favorite thing about Sinister were the corny ghost kids running around.
I watched Sinister 2 earlier today....yeah.
>>
>>63256290
so much this
>>
>>63256205
Is that spoopy guy a member of Slipknot?
>>
>>63256628
>>63256694
Yeah ok it was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7hzX7HEQU8
>>
>>63256940

It's so fucking rare when a jumpscare is done right, but when they are, damn are they effective. And just like the one from Exorcist 3 (which is hands down the GOAT jumpscare) we don't actually see anything. There's no gore, no death. Just the implication of it. Ethan Hawk's face tells us everything we need to know. I'd say I wish more people knew how to do jumpscares right, but then we wouldn't appreciate these good ones as much as we do.
>>
>>63257116
the only thing a jumpscare needs to do to be good, is to not piss the audience off
>>
File: bughuul.png (344 KB, 482x319) Image search: [Google]
bughuul.png
344 KB, 482x319
Bughuul thread?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.