[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luther
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 568432527.png (151 KB, 636x326) Image search: [Google]
568432527.png
151 KB, 636x326
LUTHER NEW SERIES AIRING THIS MONTH

I'd forgotten how good this series is. I've just finished rewatching all the episodes in anticipation of the next series starting this month. You all excited to see Idris Elba in action again? Will we see Alice again?

Luther thread.
>>
When is the first episode out?
>>
Had no idea this was coming back, heard rumors about a possible movie but nothing on a whole new season
>>
>>63254964
December 15th
>>
>>63254976
>but nothing on a whole new season
It's just two episodes though, but it's something. Apparently it's another two-parter case.

>>63254761
>Will we see Alice again?
Fucking hope so. Didn't the last series end with her and Luther hooking up or something? It's been a while
>>
>>63255052
Mate it has been confirmed that alice won't be returning. Two reasons: a) she's busy with the shooting of the affair and b) this is more of a prequel so we see what happened to Luther before he even ran into Alice
>>
Thought the last season was just a fancy version of The Bill. nowt wrong with The Bill but it's not exactly top quality tv drama.

Still looking forward to this though.

War and Peace starts in January too. Another BBc one to look out for.
>>
Fact: Only the first series was good, rest was just meh
>>
>>63254761
I always liked this show because the psychotic murderers in each episode kind of remind me of the kinds of people that post on 4chan.
>That one guy who strangled young women and wanked into their handbags
>That guy that sucked on strangled women's toes while wanking
>Those twins who become disenchanted with society and start killing random people with hammers, keeping a scoreboard with their experience points so they level up and get to use bigger weapons
>>
>>63254761

Hopefully they forget the Alice character.

She's Doctor Who/Sherlock tier shit.
>>
>>63255128
I loved every series, but I do think series one had it right with the standalone episodes. Series two and three were just two two-parters.
>>
>>63254761
Is this the only series where the black guy gets keked by a BWC?
>>
The last series was awful.

Still looking forward to it though.
>>
If you guys want to see a similar series where detectives run after different kills after every two parts then watch Whitechapel. It's really good.
>>
>>63255109
>this is more of a prequel so we see what happened to Luther before he even ran into Alice

Official episode synopsis doesn't make it sound like a prequel at all.
>On a leave of absence from the police force, Luther is laying low in a rundown cottage on the edge of England but a visit from his old colleagues at the Met brings a shocking piece of news that draws him back to London in search of the truth. Meanwhile, a gruesome serial killer has struck the city. With a trail of clues leading from one crime scene to the next, Schenk and his team must work out the twisted logic that connects each victim but this murdering mastermind is more than a match for the police, outsmarting them at every step. It's not long before Luther is back in the Bullpen, determined to steal a march on the killer before it’s too late.
>>
File: 1434402039357.jpg (124 KB, 660x586) Image search: [Google]
1434402039357.jpg
124 KB, 660x586
>>63254761
>This is literally after S3 where Luther and Alice ran away into the sunset
>no alice for S4
FUCK OFF CROSS
>B-But she shows up for 10 minutes in the last episode
FUCK OFF
>>
>>63255244
Thanks, I'll check that out. Is it on Netflix?
>>
File: 1386122857868.jpg (58 KB, 676x528) Image search: [Google]
1386122857868.jpg
58 KB, 676x528
>>63254761

>Black character
>Lead role
>Upstanding highly intelligent detective
>>
>>63254761
S1>S2>S3
Series one did a great job with interesting cases and giving them only one episode each.
Series two had excellent two-parters. Punch Mask guy and the Hammer Bros were great. The prostitute storyline was shit though.
Series three really wasn't that great, but still good telly
>>
To be honest, I wasn't expecting Elba to do more Luther. Thought he might be too big for television now.
>>
>>63255355
Not sure. It's not that popular outside the UK. If you're into police procedurals/detective shows then do check out broadchurch, prime suspect (original) and manhunter from Iceland.
>>
File: 67567456677.jpg (105 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
67567456677.jpg
105 KB, 600x338
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>63255355
It is. Brit version I think.

I don'tk now how the American one is.
>>
>>63256321
>ywn have a psycho killer cutie who would kill for you
>>
>>63255380
>upstanding
>Luther
Guy is a fucking psycho.
>>
can't for the new season me and my wifes son love this show
>>
>>63254761
So i just watched the pilot. How would the lady killer know that Luthers girlfriend just would happen to walk out of that door and turn right so she could grab her from behind? Please don't tell me this shit tier writing keeps happening in later episodes.
>>
>Emotional scene
>Idris just furrows his eyebrows, puts his hands on his head and shouts "NO!" over and over

I'm sorry, but he can't do an emotional scene to save his life.
>>
File: promo267364489.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
promo267364489.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
>>63259105
>>
>>63254761
>Alpha black man throwing white meth addicts and racist poltards off of balconies

Is there a better show in existence?
>>
>>63259205
True, I like Elba mostly but he's not good at strong emotions (except rage, that is, he can be frightening)
>>
>>63259391
He's very masculine and dominant. If he gave you an order, you would immediately obey it whatever it was, even if it was to drop down to your knees and suck his giant BBC. Black men are based af.
>>
OY LUTHER FANS HOW IS YOUR COMMANDANT LOOKIN?
>>
>>63259570
He basically had Ripley on all fours pleasuring his Elbaphantine cock all through the series. I admired and liked Ripley's loyalty, but it's sort of unrealistic. Luther didn't let him into his life at all. And Luther did some pretty fucked up and illegal shit, and Ripley always covered up for him. We, as viewers, know that whatever shit Luther's doing might be illegal, but for the greater good. But Ripley didn't know the half of it and still defended him to the end.
>>
>>63260368
>Elbaphantine cock
Love it
>>
>>63260995
I bet you do.
>>
>>63255443
>Hammer bros
>Think about them whenever I'm at gas stations at night
>Think about them whenever I see someone running in a mall
>Think about them whenever I see a fucking dice

That two-parter was fucking cash. Luther's boss losing his shit with one of the twins in the interrogation room was a Top 5 moment.
>>
>>63259972
Alright sir!
>>
>>63259972
i'm da captain pow pow
>>
File: Cena.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cena.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>63259205
>"NO" over and over
>"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
>Throws shit
>Bangs fists on closest wall
>Slowly sits down with his head in his hands
>Scene cuts to the villian

Everytime.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.