[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans clap at the end of a film? Do they believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1436280743607.jpg (35 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
1436280743607.jpg
35 KB, 600x539
Why do Americans clap at the end of a film?
Do they believe the actors and director can hear them?
Is it just a cultural thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y8Bq6I5OjU
>>
Fascism.
>>
>>63254326
This is seriously fucking sad. I thought it was a meme
>>
I live in the UK and some friends brought me to see hunger games, and the whole cinema clapped when Katniss killed the rebel leader woman.
It was fucking embarassing
>>
>>63254326

>at the end of a film

we watch movies, not films asshole.
>>
>hear over and over again from people on youtube how loud the crowds are in movies
>everybody using cell phones, talking loud as fuck and being rude and annoying
>meawhile, in Europe, they sell beer at the cinema and you don't hear a word the entire duration of the film

Get REKT Amerikeks
>>
>>63254398
I've also witnessed this phenomenon in the UK. In a packed cinema for Transformers - fucking - 2, no less. I was disgusted.

Just to be clear, it wasn't my choice to see that piece of shit.
>>
Idk. As an American I wonder the same thing... But I can't resist the urge to clap
>>
>>63254364
Fuck off Krager you fudge packer
>>
I think it's just an expression of appreciation/reaction; it's no different tham screaming out "yeah!" or egging on your team when you're watching a close game at home.
>>
>>63254326
We've been doing it so long that at this point we're too afraid to ask why.

Also why do foreigner care so much about what we do or don't do? Is it an inferiority complex?
>>
can't wait for the audience cheering and clapping when the star wars score starts.
>>
>>63254445
>not dumping gf
>instead take her to transformers 2
>applaud at the end credits
BRAVO Shia
>>
>>63254518
>Also why do foreigner care so much about what we do or don't do? Is it an inferiority complex?
No it's because you're really fucking weird. Seriously, as a British person I find Americans weirder than Asians or Africans. It's like some uncanny valley shit. You're almost like civilised Anglos, but not quite
>>
> watching a film in Europe
> amazing ending, great movie
> "The End" appears onscreen and credits begin to roll.
> total silence from the audience, awkward glances all around, with looks of "do we leave now?"
> not one mention of its quality or how they enjoyed it, because expressing emotion is frowned upon.
> everybody silently shuffles out in obedient order.

you commies are certainly well trained.
>>
>>63254607
>>>/int/ if you're actually interested

Japan is objectively weirder bro.
>>
File: 1447289308390.jpg (14 KB, 224x214) Image search: [Google]
1447289308390.jpg
14 KB, 224x214
>>63254648
>expressing emotion irl
Fucking cringeworthy, grow up toddler
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.