[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone seen this,? What's it like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
Has anyone seen this,?

What's it like?
>>
>>63247777
DESIGNATED
>>
>>63247777
Like Louie but with designated shitting streets
>>
he shits his pants on stage 3 minutes and 17 seconds into the video
>>
>>63247777
there are exactly 2 good episodes the rest are trash.

the one where they explore the fathers' back story, and the one where he sneaks his gf's grandma out of the nursing home.
>>
SHITTING
>>
File: bitch.jpg (32 KB, 497x351) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
32 KB, 497x351
Like a light-hearted Indian Louie that's more cute than depressing. It's an alright show I guess, and it's great cast of reoccurring characters/guest stars are really it's strongest point.

H. Jon Benjamen, Eric Wareheim, etc. etc.

There's a super fucking preachy feminism episode mid-way through the season that gets super fucking cringeworthy though, and it literally ends with the Curry man getting lectured about tumblr-tier feminism and then being pressured into admitting it's true. Fucking awful, and it really brings down an otherwise solid episode with some great jokes.

Everything else about the show has been pretty enjoyable though.
>>
>entire show exists just so he can have a white gf

wew
>>
>>63247777

I found it oddly shapeless. It definitely defies conventional sitcom structures, but I'm not sure it does so to particularly good effect.

>>63247825
>the one where they explore the fathers' back story

I found the flashback to Ansari's dad's childhood entertaining and amusing, but the second one, with his friend's dad, irritating - it was exactly the same joke, told in exactly the same way, for exactly the same length of time. Aggravating.
>>
>>63247873
>Like a light-hearted Indian Louie that's more cute than depressing

This. This exactly. I don't think that it's as funny as Louie because he is way less pathetic, but the style is similar for sure.
>>
POO

IN

LOO
>>
>>63247881
his mom and the chink friend couldn't act for shit
>>
File: 230592309523062.jpg (144 KB, 995x837) Image search: [Google]
230592309523062.jpg
144 KB, 995x837
6/10. Overrated.
>>
File: wojak_gif.gif (509 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
wojak_gif.gif
509 KB, 700x827
The 'Morning' episode was really comfy
>>
>>63247777

it's louie but each epispde's 'message' ismuch more forced/transparent. if that kind of thng doesnt bother you, it's still pretty funny
>>
>>63247873
>eric wareheim

i like tim and eric, but he sucked in this show. he tried too hard to be eric from tim and eric and it really didnt gel with the rest of the show/characters
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITTING
>>
STREETS
>>
>>63248173
>>63248196
>>63248210

we did it reddit :^)
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITTING
>>
STREETS
>>
>>63247777

>Eric explains why feminist are good and then character congratulate him on being a feminist

>his gf says a guy is sexist for not shaking her hands and is literally raped. When aziz says shes over reacting she tells him he should just listen and believe

>characters find the most petty things offensive and will passive aggressively say tumblr shit like "wow, thats SUPER racist!"

other than that, it sucks. Its just Louie, but not as self aware and not funny at all. All the jokes are baby tier shit and him and his gf being disgustingly cute and le so quirky with each other.
>>
>>63248436
>>63248448
>>63248470

we did it again reddit :^)
>>
>>63248645
DESIGNATED
>>
>>63248645
SHITTING
>>
>>63248645
STREETS
>>
>>63248693
>>63248701
>>63248721
HELP ME END MY LIFE REDDIT :^)
>>
>>63248757
DESIGNATED
>>
>>63248757
SHITTING
>>
>>63248964
COMBO
>>
>>63248757
STREETS
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITTING
>>
stop senpai
>>
STREETS
>>
>>63247877
Insecure non-white manlet obsessed with white chicks the show: in theatres on netflix
>>
first couple episodes were good when they had nonretarded themes; like their parents and what it's like to have kids

show quickly devolved into romantic drama with forced tumblr agenda and the jokes because few and far between
>>
>>63247873
>There's a super fucking preachy feminism episode mid-way through the season

the best part is when aziz tells the director that the women should have more important roles in the hardware store commercial and all the men get fired except for the 1 buff manly brown guy who replaces aziz
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHITTING
>>
STREETS
>>
I liked it at lot. Even if I hate swj shit, it didn't really felt forced so it's ok. Also, the fucking King Kong ice cream looks damn good.
>>
>>63247931
That's what made me stop watching
>>
It's like that show from HBO with the jew from Seinfield but with a shitskin.
>>
>>63247777
He actually does a good job at integrating social or political issues when they're things he actually knows personally. Even though race and immigrants in America is a major theme, he handles it extremely well. His father's acting isn't too great but I think the half-assed delivery kind of makes it funnier - like the whole thing is actually amusing to his father in real life.

I think because he's Indian Aziz doesn't subscribe to the typical SJW narrative about race, mostly because SJWs see in literally black and white. Indians and Asians are overlooked. And he does a great (and I'd say fair) portrayal of that.

>>63247873
The feminism episode tries to do this but fails because Aziz isn't really drawing on his own experiences, he's just mimicking the current SJW zeitgeist around gender relations.

Like, I wouldn't even mind if he had a feminist episode, if he included any scenes that also speak to the male experience, to at least give the whole thing a more nuanced perspective. Instead he just parrots the "women have it so bad, amiright" self-deprecating sort of crap. It's a forced episode but at least it doesn't stoop to the weird male self-hatred you see in Louie.

I think because he's Indian Aziz doesn't subscribe to the typical SJW narrative about race, mostly because SJWs see in literally black and white. Indians and Asians are overlooked. And he does a great (and I'd say fair) portrayal of that.

It's funny, because the final episode actually inverses a lot of gendered cliches in a good way. I guess they could backtrack and fuck it all up next season, but I like the fact that he chooses to follow his passions instead of getting the girl.One trope that continuously shows up, even (dare I say especially) in feminist media is the storyline where the girl completes the guy, so the guy bends over backwards and does all kinds of crazy stuff to show his love, despite the fact that the female character never does these things in return.
>>
File: anti black.png (138 KB, 704x780) Image search: [Google]
anti black.png
138 KB, 704x780
>>63250389
>mostly because SJWs see in literally black and white

You just have to go say that...
>>
>>63247777
His life is way too fun and perfect. I actually enjoyed it when the character suffered and it didn't happen near often enough
>>
I think it's a great show. Genuinely funny and only occasionally too preachy. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think it handled the feminism question very well. The ending was a bit too preachy, yes, but it also kept Aziz from being put on a pedestal. Every time a man admits to being a feminist he is idolized like crazy, and the ending turned it around and let it backfire on him. Had it not done that it'd been a pretty dumb, "hey look at me I'm Aziz and my values are super cool!"-episode.

>>63250389
The Manic Pixie Dream Girl-trope is detested amongst most feminists, though. And most film-watchers regardless of whether or not they subscribe to the feminist views. It's a cheap way to write a story.
>>
>>63247777
everyone is a bad actor but that's somehow a style choice?
>>
>>63250469
>blackness
What the fuck is wrong with these people? I can't decide if they're anti-racist or if they're the most virulently racist people who have ever lived.
>>
The first episode was actually decent but then it just became "DUDE WERE MINORITIES LMAO" with network sitcom tier jokes and acting.
The black girl and Asian dude are barely even trying to act it seems like.
>>
>>63247777

just another post-Girls show about unfunny, self-absorbed 20 and 30somethings in NYC.
>>
The one thing I took away from this show was that Noel Wells is perfect
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.