[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: VjP9Qpxj_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
VjP9Qpxj_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the *new*. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist *can* come from *anywhere*. It is difficult to imagine more humble origins than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau's, who is, in this critic's opinion, nothing less than the finest chef in France. I will be returning to Gusteau's soon, hungry for more.

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>63246522
I like to think he's a pot shot at people who criticize children's films

A literal "fuck you" to fedora-wearing hipsters
>>
File: armond.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
>>63246522
>the work of a critic is easy
>we risk very little
Lies. There are very few true critics in the world, but the good ones have balls. Armond White is the ballsiest writer alive.
>>
its a movie about a rat that cooks food and shit
its just put there so the story has a moral and its not just THE RAT DONE IT GUD LMAO!
>>
>>63246522
Didn't NostalgiaReddit have like an autistic diatribe about how this scene made him cry or something like that? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but it seems like something the "critic" would do.
>>
>>63246522
i literally got 2 reviews published then quit because i felt like such a fraud throwing stones at artists

my editor liked my writing and was upset but reviewing is fucking embarrassing. unless the person reviewing the art is an artist in the area their opinion is worth less than nothing.
>>
>>63246597
>Sharing stupid and contrarian opinions is risky
>>
>>63246597
>Armond White is the ballsiest writer alive
So this is why /tv/ seems to like him? Because he's a contrarian? Who would've thought...
>>
>>63246559
But that is the exact sentiment for manchild faggots who think Pixar films should also be taken seriously
>>
File: 1448159213512.jpg (139 KB, 960x710) Image search: [Google]
1448159213512.jpg
139 KB, 960x710
>>
>>63247879
Why would Lucas let dust inside the studio?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.