[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>practice movie making all your life >still cant do proper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1399963682192.jpg (18 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
1399963682192.jpg
18 KB, 640x352
>practice movie making all your life
>still cant do proper movies at the age of 35
>have zero understanding what makes a good movie
>stuck with shitty 0 budget internet flicks

JUST

People like tarantino and kubrick didnt even go to film school and still managed to make proper movies
>>
>>63245598
>DUDE FILM SCHOOL LMAO
>>
>>63245598
>Guy who likes shit like Plan 9 From Outer Space makes an intentionally shitty movie
>People act surprised it was bad
What was anyone expecting? Really? He tried to manufacture something "so bad it's good" which never works
>>
You just need talent mane
>>
>>63245598
>>have zero understanding what makes a good movie
Learn2 cinematography, scriptwriting, plot structure and editing. Analyze your favorite movies and try to figure out why you like them.
>>
>>63245598
This
>>63246389

I strongly recommend www.youtube.com/everyframeapainting . Very insightful film analysis.
>>
>that near instant change of opinion on /tv/ from pro to anti-James around the release of the movie
>>
>>63246594
The meme game was too strong, the AVGN movie is almost solely to blame for the explosion of kek posting
>>
Did you try going to films??
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi3_OGnROMo
>>
HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST
>>
>>63246539
Zhou's great stuff, I agree, but he's popular. You know we can't like popular things around here.
>>
>>63248423
I only ever heared twice of him on /tv/
>>
>>63248386
>that lighting
>that sound
>that dialouge
>that acting

WHY DOESNT HE JUST FUCKING KILL HIMSELF

HIS MOVIE FAILED

HE'S A KEK

HIS CHILD IS DISABLED

GIVE UP JAMES
>>
>>63248404
TO WATCH YOU FUCK HIS WIFE IN THE ASS
>>
he'd rather eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill buck and drowned it with beer.
>>
>>63245598
I like cinemassacre and everything but everytime James talks about movies off the cuff he always sounds like an idiot. He doesn't really have a good eye for film.
>>
AVGN is a great show, I've always loved it. The film was fucking duckshit - Same goes for the Cinema Snob movie. I think it's more to do with the fact they're based upon ideas that only work in short bursts i.e Youtube videos. You can't stretch a joke like AVGN across a feature length.

As for the film school thing in regards to Kubrick, you shouldn't forget the man was a genius and also an award winning photographer before stepping into the films and his first few films like "Day of the Fight" and "Fear and Desire" aren't very good and he even he admitted to that... It was only from "The Killing" onward that his films gained momentum and started to become special. Rather than go to a film school he learnt in a more hands on way. No one really just makes one first incredible film it's all trial and error it's rare that someone slams out an AMAZING debut feature.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.