[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
Johnny Depp ruined this movie practically single-handedly. I can't remember anything else in the movie worth really hating.
>>
I actually like it. The final act with the dentist dad is terribly awkward though.
>>
That's honestly not even Johnny Depp even though his name is right there. I've watched several Pirates movies yet he looks nothing like that in those movies.
>>
>muh extra daddy plot not from the book
>forced modernization
>every character is significantly less charming than the 70's movie
>>
>>63242223
and Willy was creepy not whimsical
>>
remade a mediocre film into a worse film
>>
>>63242197
i found the pedophile
>>
>Tim Burton
Well there's your problem.
>>
it was doomed to fail. I remember seeing it in theaters and my friend liked it and he was causing my autism to flare up.
>>
Much more accurate to the book than the Gene Wilder version. Most dialogue is lifted verbatim from the book.
>>
File: 628-2005violet-paramountgetty.jpg (60 KB, 628x387) Image search: [Google]
628-2005violet-paramountgetty.jpg
60 KB, 628x387
Not ASR, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>63242472
not saying being book accurate always means better, but this is true. as well as the augustus song

the original version wins in casting, the newer version wins in accuracy (till the last quarter), set design, music, and scope
>>
to many sfx
>>
>>63242370
Wonka visibly plans all their deaths

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuLl5XD57zU
>the look as he opens the gate
>>
Honestly, not much. I think it's the best of Tim Burton's later work. Only issues I have with it are that the songs sound too polished, and that Tim Burton was lazy with the Oompa Loompas.
>>
>>63242370
>and Willy was creepy not whimsical
Neither was Gene Wilder, Do you not remember the tunnel scene. After seeing that scene, you realize how batshit Willy really is.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.