[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Man In The High Castle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 23
What a fantastic series. Loved every minute, but god damn does it leave you wanting more. And not in a good way. There are so many holes and threads left dangling. I understand attempting to faithfully adapt the source material that never received an ending, but fuck.

>films are never explained; no idea where they come from, why they go to the titular Man, what they do
>final "special" film is never shown being delivered, and yet tagomi is able to magic himself in to an alternate future
>main characters are never seen entering this future; were they just left behind because they didn't practice esoteric chinese fortune telling?
>what did the yakuza want from inspector kido? they say it's expensive and can't be bought with money, but it's just dropped. kido attempts to kill himself the same way he planned to immediately after the prince is shot. nothing changes, other than shooting the nazi agent. is that what the yakuza wanted? why would they want that?

There are so many things to list. What are your thoughts? Does the overall quality make up for the threads and holes left unresolved or ignored entirely?
>>
i marathoned it over the weekend and i have to say, with the setting, it had potential, but it didnt go anywhere. you never even meet the man in the highcastle, nothing fucking happens.

it doesnt make up for it OP.
>>
>>63242196
I thought the man in the high castle was Hitler, unless I'm missing something obvious here.
>>
>>63242196
it was only season one, asshole. like they're going to give away the whole actual "man in the high castle" thing in the first season, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>63242062
I thought it was great too.
Too bad that the resistance was so boring. Would have loved to see more of the Greater Nazi Reich, the Japanese or Nazi Germany.
Also Smith was the best.
>>
>>63242329
It was very heavily implied that Hitler was the man in the high castle, but I read a spoiler in another thread that he isn't.
>>
>pleb in the upvoted reddit thread
>>
>>63242413
They straight up say that The Man In The High Castle is able to give the resistance members intelligence when he receives a film. It's entirely plausible that Hitler is The Man, since he's shown with a bookcase full of the films and could easily be passing on intel. He's very focused on maintaining peace between the Germans and Japanese, and could be using the resistance to keep them distracted and less likely to engage in open hostilities with each other.

But still, I think that goes against the spirit of the book. The Man is supposed to be some mystical figure. Hitler feels too obvious.
>>
nothing like the book
>>
File: 1446219538063.jpg (21 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1446219538063.jpg
21 KB, 396x385
>Obergruppenführer
>>
File: annakendrickfan.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
annakendrickfan.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>American run by literal Nazis
>it's better than the race riot bullshit we have now
>mfw

This shit is like and advertisement for neo nazis
>>
Not to sound like a /pol/ tard but the coastline (the right side of jap land and left side of Nazi land) and the empty space in the middle looks like a racist jew cartoon by Ben Garrison.
>>
>>63242062
>no idea where they come from
It's inferred with the ending, exact details don't matter at this point.
>>
>>63242491
yeah its better because it is actually going to try to have a satisfactory conclusion with further seasons
>>
>>63242062
Only good thing about the show was the marshal the rest was weepy eyed self flagellation.
How Juliana just decides things when it suits her and puts everyone's life around her in jeopardy is ridiculous.
Also, just saying sorry in a feeble voice is enough it seems.
The three protagonists are weak and annoying.
Best performances are from the side characters, there are a few brilliant performances there.
Joe and Juliana chemistry is just creepy and weird.
>>
File: maninhighcastleheader.jpg (73 KB, 640x328) Image search: [Google]
maninhighcastleheader.jpg
73 KB, 640x328
>>63242062
Fuck those three.
Literally any other character was more interesting.
>>
>>63242465
I agree, the fact that they keep shoving it in our faces that Hitler lives in a castle high in the mountains is I think a deliberate red herring, because it's far too obvious.
>>
>>63242772

Frank and the antique dealer was fun
>>
>>63242465
I think the writers don't know what they are doing.
>>
Kind of amusing how the three main characters were the worst. I wish the show didn't have their plot, and just focused on Obergruppenfuher Smith, Rudolph and Tagomi. The film plot is really boring imo. Fetch quests don't make good TV.

Showing Smith operating in a Nazi America is actually interesting, and kind of what you expect from a show with the premise it has.
>>
>>63243271
Smith was, by far, the best character. Next to the antique dealer, and the Marshal.
>>
So is it getting more seasons? Or did they only greenlight one? I know it only came out a few weeks ago, but nothing has been said about the future, as far as I know.
>>
I like how they pulled the ny subway ads again because some libtards got their feelings hurt by it
>>
i wish Obergruppenführer would just get his own spin off cop show
>>
>>63242062
>John Smith's son is diagnosed with a disease, gonna get holocausted for being a fuckup
>completely dropped from the plot and has no bearing on the ending, smith's characterization barely changes

It's pretty obvious that they plan on a second season, which is neat.
>>
>>63245668
He did literally nothing wrong
>>
And the author never wrote a sequel so you'll never see how the story progresses OP

>you will never hunt own semites and extinguish the jewish threat while simultaneously building a perfect aryan society under the strong leadership of Obergruppenfurher

hit me right in the feels bros not gonna lie
>>
>>63242062
Dropped it after the second episode. The whole Frank melodrama was beyond terrible. Enjoyed the book though.
>>
>>63245728
>slaughtering kike rats
>defending the name and honor of the führer and capturing the traitorous hangman
>raising three healthy aryan children, stoic in the knowledge that his son will have to be euthanized for the good of the state
>sells out his oldest friend, refusing to let old loyalties blind him from his duty
>gives joe a second chance despite his fuck-ups because he knows, just like the final film depicts, that he'll be an exemplary SS officer

Literally not a single thing wrong. Perfect character.
>>
>>63245784
I'm so jealous of his good white completely not degenerate family.
>>
>>63243271
I always skipped the episodes to only see the films,Tagomi and smith scenes.
>>
>>63245784
absolut basiert
>>
File: 1448359627538.jpg (132 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
1448359627538.jpg
132 KB, 600x843
Did they do more of these concept art drawings or is this the only one
>>
I agree, favorite new show off the year, with The Expanse as a close second
>>
>>63245945
>the edelweiss
>the doll giving the heil hitler

my fucking sides
>>
>>63245715
>completely dropped from the plot and has no bearing on the ending, smith's characterization barely changes
I think it added some unspoken tension to when Reinhard Heydrich asked about John's kids and when he was in the same room as them, since Reinhard was one of the primary architects of the holocaust and all.
>>
>>63245803
This t b h. Absolutely based suppourting cast and terrible main characters.
Think the world building was decent, didn't show enough of it, or its effects on Americans though. Maybe they will expand on it in the next season.
>>
>>63247636
The pilot was pretty fantastic. Seeing the Highway Patrolman and how non-chalant he was about fighting in the war, losing the war, and just chilling whilst human ashes rained from the sky. Really needed more human moments like that to show you how the world worked.

Case in point, the American Reich; it's pretty obvious that it was racially cleansed. The only non-white we ever see in New York is the resistance leader. How do normal people feel about that? Are there any black people left, eking out an existence? Is the average Japanese citizen allowed to live and work in the American Reich?
>>
File: donwtf.png (139 KB, 284x354) Image search: [Google]
donwtf.png
139 KB, 284x354
>>63242493

>mfw that's a real rank in the SS

it sounds so fucking silly, how can you say that with a straight face

also, did the real Nazis say "Heil Hitler" instead of goodbye all the time like this? Like I know "Heil Hitler" was a thing, but I just assumed it was something you did mostly at like a big military parade or an official meeting. It seems ridiculous that every single time the undercover spy guy talks to Smith on a random payphone, he still has to whisper "Heil Hitler" and hope no one is around.
>>
>>63243271

>not liking based inspector Kido

I haven't finished the season yet, I'm going to be heartbroken if he actually ends up having to commit sudoku
>>
>>63245753

yeah, just like game of thrones, right? no way they would just continue a potential cash cow series without any source material to go off of :^)
>>
>>63248786
Keep watching senpai
>>
>>63248759
>it sounds so fucking silly
It sounds better when it's said with a hard R by a German.
>>
>>63248759
Yeah, man. Colonel or "kernel" is much better.
>>
File: Sad Obergruppenführer.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sad Obergruppenführer.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
Honestly the show would be so much better without that basic bitch and joe. Rupert and Smith were based all season.
>>
>>63242329
He wasn't in the book, and the show is too obvious about it...a good theory floating around is that Hitler being the man in the high castle is a big red herring
>>
File: 1448469409790.png (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448469409790.png
1 MB, 960x1080
>>63242062
Get out of the way, best dialogue ever uttered on a western television show coming through
>>
>>63251557
more like a big brown göring
>>
>>63242062
okay, so does anyone know why they consistently try not to use the word German and instead use the (colloquial and unofficial) term "Nazi"? I mean, "Greater Nazi Reich"? Seriously?

How's that dealt with in the book?
>>
File: pol dancing.gif (277 KB, 240x287) Image search: [Google]
pol dancing.gif
277 KB, 240x287
>>63242062
>>final "special" film is never shown being delivered, and yet tagomi is able to magic himself in to an alternate future
It's still 1962.
>>
>>63251805
In the book the German occupied territory is still called the USA. The jap area is the PSA. And the middle bit is the RMSA.
>>
>>63245784
So much for loyalty is my honor, huh
>>
>>63251240
What award is that ? Knights cross of war merit ?
>>
File: 640px-USA_Flag_Map.svg.png (62 KB, 640x402) Image search: [Google]
640px-USA_Flag_Map.svg.png
62 KB, 640x402
>>63251901
Best scene IMO was when antiques dealer jews the Japanese couple, was too damn funny.

Also that one scene where smith kicks the dude off a building was pretty cool

Show made me feel really fucking thankful we won the war.
>>
File: just sigh.jpg (150 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
just sigh.jpg
150 KB, 800x533
>It's a Juliana scene

Did she do anything right? I'm surprised the resistance kept helping her.
>>
>Hitler is a sane ruler who seeks peace
Didn't expect that
>>
>>63253413
Fuck that girl screwing everything up and then asking poor Frank to help her getting kek'd
>B-but I have to do it, Frank
>Why?
>Because I have, stop opressing me
>>
>>63253390
>Nazis win
>Somehow the world is stuck with shitty technology longer than our real timeline
Do americans really believe this?
The only reason technology progressed as quickly as it did during ww2 and for decades after is because of Nazi science.
Look up project paperclip before whining about muh 6 gorillion. I'm not agreeing with what they did but I'm not gonna ignore the truth either.
>>
>>63253417
Except for the law that all jews must be exterminated.
>>
Why was the resistance only two people?
>>
>>63253650
They're already executed.

>>63253417
People often mellow in their old age, Hitler as well apparently.
>>
>>63253704
>They're already executed.
What?
>>
>>63242062
>japan has smaller portion of the u.s
>japan was only stopped by a nuke
>japan would stomp nazis
>>
>>63253726
The jews in the nazi reich are already gone or have otherwise fled, dummy. hence >>63253417
>>
>>63253777
This confirms my suspicions that you are retarded. Thanks.
Did you even fucking watch the show?
>>
Did the kempeitai found Ed's anime stash?
>>
>>63253803
Shhh, it's alright.
>>
>>63253824
Cool.
>>
File: Space_Shuttle_Columbia_launching.jpg (385 KB, 1280x1079) Image search: [Google]
Space_Shuttle_Columbia_launching.jpg
385 KB, 1280x1079
>>63253625
I know about paperclip and dr. Von Braun he was actually pretty chill. I don't think he was a nazi by choice though, dude just wanted to send shit to space would not have beaten korolev to the moon without him

While the v2 was a Teri dying weapon it was also an extremely expensive unreliable weapon his rocket program ate billions of riechmarks

I will agree nazi engineers are badass. But nazi doctors are fucking horifying
>>
>>63253803
Did you watch the show ? A character clearly mention that all the semites were exterminated in Europe. The remanant ones are hiding, mostly in America (the USA being the 2nd largest jewish community in the today's world.)
>>
>>63253950
Fuck me I hate Droid autocorrect
>>
>Lets give the schematics to build a nuke to a culture of warmongering cunts
Well done
>>
>>63253950
>But nazi doctors are fucking horifying
Obviously but atleast they're gortesquely inhumane bullshit actually provided some medical insight, unlike the japs.
>>
>>63253625
>Somehow the world is stuck with shitty technology longer than our real timeline
Except they got a supersonic plane in 1962.
>>
>>63254013
i can't tell if you're talking about the show's or our universe
>>
>>63254025
Yeah... so. One thing.
Technologically they should be beyond what we were at that time.
>>
inb4 the man in the high castle is Seth Rogan with an inter-dimensional portal powered by bong water
>>
>>63242465
>But still, I think that goes against the spirit of the book. The Man is supposed to be some mystical figure

Literally wat. The Man in the High Castle is simply a writer that wrote a book about an alternate timeline which is actually our real timeline.

That said, the TV series has barely anything in common with the book.
>>
>>63254144
meine seiten
>>
>>63254061
That's the one thing they show, but that's also one thing that I like with that serie. They don't show you that it's an alternative world by shoving technological advencement "IN YOUR FACE". They're always mentioning the world's current state by anecdotes and details.

They also show rather advanced recording devices for 1960's, among other things.

In the end, I think it's more of a choice than a lack of idea. The book mentions space exploration, so it's not like they didn't have anything to come up with.
>>
>>63254164
So it's phillip K. dickstein?
>>
>>63242718

>satisfactory conclusion

But the ending of the book was fantastic. The plan succeeded in getting the info to the Japanese government about impending nuclear war, but what will actually become of the world is left open. Are you one of those idiots that also complains that Inception didn't show the pin falling or not falling at the end?
>>
>>63242062
>muh 'interesting' plotholes
>muh overall quality
>muh loved every minute

has there ever been a more obvious shill?

>american show
>guys, the nazis were bad
GIVE IT A REST
WE FUCKING GET IT

i'm not going to watch it it looks boring as shit
everything is all grey and boring looking because muh nazis. germany is a very green and pleasant place and was during the war. most of the people living in german were very happy too.
>>
>>63254045
Works for both, Japaneses are known for being warmongering cunts since centuries
>>
>>63252183
* with swords
>>
>>63253950
>I don't think he was a nazi by choice though

He was, and there was actually a lot of scandals in the NASA when all his lies were revealed.

>claims he only joined the party when forced to in 1939
>actually joined in 1937
>claimed he only wore his SS uniform once for a required special occasion
>actually wore it all the time
>some other shit I forgot
>>
>>63253704
Tell that to Stalin
>>
>>63254164
>>63254224
Actually the writer is a different dude. His interpretation of what would have happened if the Allies won is not our timeline.
For example, because in their world the Russian got their shit pushed in hard, the writer doesn't believe the soviets could have been a superpower. Instead, a Cold War emerges between Britain and America, with Britain eventually winning because its empire kept on growing without any other colonial opposition.
>>
Imo the Yakuza leader and the chief inspector of the kempeitai were the best of the show. Honorary second place to Smith.
>>
I heard that in this timeline Dresden's girls are super hot
>>
>>63254544
they're bombshells anon
>>
>no Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch movie/show
>>
MitHC Power Rankings:
GOD TIER:
John Smith
Trade Minister Tsang Tsung
Director of Kempeitai

Good tier:
Hitler
Rudolph
The Bad Nazi Dude

Okay tier:
Burn Gorman
Frank
Jewish Priest

Shit tier:
Everthing else.
>>
>>63254250

>the nazis are bad

Obviously didn't watch the show, the nazis weren't really shown to be a wholly evil force.
>>
>>63254250
>most of the people living in german were very happy too.
It probably cause with the fact that were not being occupied ? It's not about nazis are bad, nazis are evil. The serie actually points out that this world could have been a possibility, because America is stable.

The biggest treat isn't the resistance, it's the cold war with the Japanese.

So you shit on a show you haven't watched because of ideas you get from ... I don't know where, really. You sound like a pretentious retard imo.
>>
Doesn't it feel stupid that films from our timeline can inspire a resistance in their timeline when in our timeline this series doesn't inspire a nazi resistance? I kinda feel like the average reaction would be "well I wish I lived in that timeline but I can't exactly undo several decades of history."

It would be cool if in Season 3 a big-ass portal opened up between our worlds and the Japanese/Nazi and Russian/American Cold Wars had to be put on hold while they team up again to fight out WW2: Part 2.
>>
I agree with the main characters being dog's breakfast. They've just got nothing going for them whatsoever and they really hinder the program all together. To me, the core issue is that the actors are charismatically malnourished. You don't have to have pristine, Shakespearean dialogue, you just need the magnetism to sell it. They need to get on this issue NOW between seasons before it goes on and slowly poisons the entire program.
>>
File: 1397229010265.gif (2 MB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1397229010265.gif
2 MB, 700x393
>>63254898
World War two point five: Bitch ass nigger jive.
>>
>>63248759
>it sounds so fucking silly, how can you say that with a straight face

its the german language you amerifat
>>
>>63253625
>Maglevs
>Supersonic jets
I dunno, they seemed kinda advanced in some aspects.
>>
>>63255403
ja ja sprecken zie wurst ein scöner snackenbeiner obergrupensweinhund makst du derbenpuken?
>>
>>63242493
>on top of a group of fuhrers
This doesn't make sense
>>
>>63242062
Are all minorites dead in this world?
>>
>>63242062
it was boring as fuck, the concept is wasted here. hated how Juliana watched alternate future where Frank got shot but still took it as proof
>>
>>63255727
of course not. its a netflix show. you see blacks on the bus to the neutral zone and irsh ginger was change to a black guy (who comes with a black family) + black guys in the neutral zone resistance cell
>>
>>63242493
I could not even pronounce it.
>>63242563
would you put your qt son to sleep?
>>
>>63255692
No, because you're translation is retarded.
It's more like Section chief.
>>
>>63255727
Things were pretty white in the Greater Reich (E coast US through the midwest). Probably half to 2/3 of the population in the Jap occupied territory W of the Rockies was Jap/Chink. There were some darkies in the Neutral Zone between the two. I think they hinted most of them went to South America.

They did gas a family of jews in the show, though.
>>
>>63242718
kek. is this your first netflix show ,it will be meandering like hemlock grove or rushed like DD,marco polo
>>
>>63251557
>>63242413
its hitler. he uses the tapes to win wars and stay in power.
>>
>>63254910
this
>>
I dont get why characters are cuming over the Grasshopper Lies Heavy. most of these people have not been born before the war ended and all they see is death just of the Germans. DC was nuked but they see allies doing to same to japs, to their eyes both sides should look the same, they should be at least neutral but instead we see them get this joyful face as if they had seen the gates of heaven
>>
>>63255854
>They did gas a family of jews in the show, though.
they gased Frink sister and kids because fink would not give up the info about a goddamned movie
>>
No tokusatsu in this timeline?
>>
>>63248759
>it sounds so fucking silly, how can you say that with a straight face
its like with native American names, it sounds silly in translation but very normal in the original language.
>>63248759
>seems ridiculous that every single time the undercover spy guy talks to Smith on a random payphone, he still has to whisper "Heil Hitler"
yeah that was ridiculous. I don't think they really did that, I also don't think they put swastikas on payphones since it would decrees brand power but another anon claimed they put it on everything (even coffee grinders)
>>
>The Pleb In The Upvoted Reddit Thread
>>
File: 1444269430067.jpg (6 KB, 118x113) Image search: [Google]
1444269430067.jpg
6 KB, 118x113
What is the Heisenberg Device?

At first I thought it was a nuclear bomb but it seems like such weapons are already common knowledge since Juliana says she saw San Francisco 'flattened by an a-bomb' when they discuss the film.

Could the Heisenberg Device be a time machine?
>>
>>63251805
they don't. all that shit was made up for tv viewers since they need things to be extra clear cut. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aim-higher-localization-donts-from-man-high-castle-agness-kaku
>>
Where are the rape camps? why the Japanese didn't rape first the jew family? this show is unrealistic.
>>
>>63253456
from what I hear she was a generic 70s hysteric woman type so they expended her role for tv show and no she gets all this girl power bullshit, like when joe pays for her food and she acts uppity about it
>>
>>63256186

Yea it is.
>>
>still no Ubik movie
what the fuck?
>>
>>63256214
Japanese are shown as kinder than nazis
>>
>That friendly smile Yoshida gives to Kido
>After your speech about doing what's right we caught a scapegoat so you don't need to kill yourself
>>
As a german it bothers me that they translated ranks like Hauptsturmführer into the english equivalent.
Would be better if they stick to the german names of the ranks.
Any other german feeling the same?
>>
>>63255793
>>63255856
It's not a netflix show, but whatever is good for your agenda.
>>
>>63256582
nein, ist mir wumpe.
>>
>>63256417
>All these mass graves
>Killing women and children
>etc
So kind
Ok
>>
>>63256638
well it sure looks as cheap as a netflix show
>>
>The man in the high castle
>Hitler is a man and is inside a castle on top of a mountain
Subtle
>>
>Someone fitting the description of Prof. Frink have been seen blablablab
I thought we all rook alike to them
>>
>>63257516

>and is watching the movies in his home cinema

BRAVO AMAZON
R
A
V
O

A
M
A
Z
O
N
>>
Ed is going to be right, right? they know he isn't the culprit, so they aren't going to harm him, right?
>>
>>63257302
It doesn't, but since that's the only thing left you have to say, it's okay.
>>
File: confusedcia.jpg (25 KB, 343x353) Image search: [Google]
confusedcia.jpg
25 KB, 343x353
>where are you from?
>Nagasaki
>ah, what a beautiful city

I audibly groaned
>>
>>63258742
You disagree?
>>
>>63257516
It's a red herring, you gullible fuck

Cap this and come back to me next year
>>
>>63258957

its basically just them saying "hey guys, remember, this is an alternative timeline, so nagasaki wasn't turned into a pile of rubble 15 years ago"
>>
>>63260382
They also mentioned Tokyo, which in this timeline wasn't firebombed, we even see Berlin not being a pile of rubble either, what's your point?
>>
>>63256186
It's the A-Bomb, that's why the japs need uranium, to build one.
>>
>>63258742
People who groan at everything makes me groan
>>
>>63258742
It's implied the Nagasaki the minister is talking about was never leveled, so evidently Kotomichi is from our (or similar) timeline, since he has burns on his body, and knows about the power of meditation (traveling between universes). This is obvious people, c'mon...
>>
File: donfrown.jpg (8 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
donfrown.jpg
8 KB, 249x249
>That last scene

Christ, why did they have to bring all of this LOST-tier supernatural shit into the show?

what are our chances of getting a Don Draper cameo in the new Tagomi timeline?
>>
>>63260514
The ending of the book was surreal as fuck though, I don't think there is a way to translate it to tv.
>>
>>63260382
They have to appeal to normies too if they want to keep getting renewed. I'll take a few famfisted Reddit-tier moments if it means the overall show starts funded
>>
>>63260514
>what are our chances of getting a Don Draper cameo in the new Tagomi timeline?
Autistic
>>
>>63251805

Hardly any Germans are shown in the Greater Nazi Reich so it kind of makes sense.
>>
File: hello reddit.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>63258742

>>63260382
>Nagasaki bombing was after the Nazis fell, but the nazis never fell

are you too much of a retard to comprehend that?
>>
It'd be better if they just focused on the world more than the resistance fighters. I want to see more Japanese and German politics and hell throw in the italians for good measure, no reason they can't have an embassy in america.
>>
>>63260817
This, they're squandering so many sweet opportunities to see an interesting world and wasting our time with gay resistance stuff
>>
>>63260817
>italians

In all timelines, they only fucked up their stuff.

Probably still fighting greece
>>
>>63260514
>Christ, why did they have to bring all of this LOST-tier supernatural shit into the show?
Because that's the basic premise?
>>
>>63260926
Unfortunately the book revolves pretty heavily around that narrative as well. Also hours upon hours of exposition does not make a good show in practice. My main problem, aside from Juliana the charisma vacuum, was that the resistance never seemed particularly substantial. Showing them as a legitimate and dangerous organisation with concrete goals and organisation would have made me more invested in that side of the plot. We get a small glimpse when we see Washington and the fighters in the woods, but it doesn't go anything beyond that. Maybe some sort of hidden compound, a command structure, actually showing them doing missions to undermine the Japs/Nazis beyond just getting the films.
>>
>>63260803

all of the other stuff about the changes in the timeline were streamlined and not hamfisted in, like the falling ash and the cop telling Joe it was the hospital. in this case, Tagomi asked his subordinate out of the blue where he was from, said it was a beautiful city, and then they just moved on. it was an awkward wink to the audience that the show had been pretty good about introducing organically up to this point
>>
Did John Smith end up coming across as a "good nazi" towards the end?

Even though they paint him as hitlers favourite, helped in the holocaust, and tortured a few people in the series.
>>
All i want to see is the spy shit and cold war happening between the Japs and the Nazis, everything else is shit.
>>
>>63261062
Plus, the fact that they are probably unknowingly delivering the films to Hitler doesn't really help to make them more imporant, either
>>
>>63260514
>The boring trio travels to the other universe
>JULIANA WE HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>>63256186
Pretty sure it's a uranium refinement device. The guy said it would help the japs be even with Nazi tech, but then other dude was like "nooo it will give them nukes". So, a device that helps them refine uranium into power and/or weapons grade makes sense.
>>
File: LL.jpg (231 KB, 511x488) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
231 KB, 511x488
Juliana was better/hotter when she shot lighting from her tits and wore latex most of the time, when she was on Angel.
>>
>>63242734
The whole Juliana and Joe thing felt so forced. It really put me off. I did enjoy Frank though. Thought he was really good.
>>
>>63262076
googled her tits:flat and tiny dark nipples
disgusting
>>
File: 400px-Selectric251(2).jpg (23 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
400px-Selectric251(2).jpg
23 KB, 400x225
>>63256186
>Could the Heisenberg Device be a time machine?
Nope, it's an inter-dimensional machine and it will look like pic related. And the episode will be titled 'Through the looking glass'
>>
>>63242196
>"Hi I'm a retard who thinks every show is like Fargo and American Horror Story and doesn't have continuity from season to season"
>>
>>63255692

thats not how you translate it, schweinehund
>>
>>63242772
Just judging from the way those characters look I'm glad I didn't pick it up

Were they even in the book

I already suffered through The Strain which has a similar problem, 80% of the main cast is just totally useless and uninteresting generic American TV characters
>>
>>63254601
Pretty much. Smith was great
>>
>>63256186
This is my biggest curiosity. I feel like it's related to the films. I mean, we fucking saw some crazy shit with that film in episode 9. I feel like it may indeed be something related to a multiverse thing going on.
>>
>>63248759
>>63242493
>>63255692
Pretty much how the German language is. Need to expand on a word? Just add more shit to it. Build the adjectives INTO the noun.
>>63255692
And it translates to senior group leader. So with fuhrer simply being leader (Adolph), then obergruppenfuhrer would imply you're the head honcho of a specific group, not everything overall.
>>
>>63253625
they focused their technology on government and military than private companies and society.

Russia did the same during the cold war.
>>
>>63263401
>Need to expand on a word? Just add more shit to it.

i don't understand why people, especially native speakers of english, act like this is somehow unique to german, when english does the same thing (just off the top of my head: highway, supreme leader, superman, lowlife). the only real difference is that english usually seperates where german doesn't. and even this is beginning to change as under the influence of english, one finds an increasing tendency in german (not in proper literature, but in mass media and advertisement) to seperate compound nouns.
>>
not enough boobs
>>
>it's a Prezbo is a secret nazi agent episode
>>
>>63242493
>>63248759
>>63255827
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Awful_German_Language
>>
>>63256186
It's a nuke, you doofus. Werner Heisenberg was involved in Nazi Germany's nuclear energy project during the 30s and 40s. He's widely seen as the father of nuclear science; in an alternate history where the Germans were the first to develop nuclear weapons, he would have been the man responsible, so they named them after him.

Did you never wonder why Walt called himself Heisenberg in BB?
>>
File: Man_in_the_High_Castle_Dick.png (55 KB, 1428x638) Image search: [Google]
Man_in_the_High_Castle_Dick.png
55 KB, 1428x638
>>63260986
The Italians, as Axis members, are the only other major power in existence. Also this map is inaccurate because the Nazis drained the Mediterranean to create fertile farm land, which is most likely split between Italy and Germany.
>>
>>63255403
Don't get so angry, you Sour Kraut.
>>
>>63260382
>>63260695
Really? That's just worldbuilding. How is that groan-worthy?

Is any dialogue that isn't "kek" or banepost jokes just the lowest pedigree to you people?
>>
This show was so boring. The only good characters were Smith and the Trade Minister sub-plot.

The three "main" characters were fucking boring especially that stupid bitch.

The films never being explained and that ending really fucked with my autism. They just threw that in to be zany and to try and make a "twist", it was shit and wasn't needed.

Wasted a whole day on this steamy poo poo....
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.