[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was Anakins prime? is Pre-operation Anakin the strongest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
When was Anakins prime? is Pre-operation Anakin the strongest?
>>
Depends how you look at it. He was prime duelist when he got high grounded. He was prime force user in the suit.
>>
>>63241059

I thought it was the other way around.
>>
>>63241042
>was he stronger before he was dismembered and shoved into an iron-lung?
Gee, I wonder
>>
>>63241042

The twenty minutes between killing younglings and becoming Mr. Roboto.
>>
File: soinlove.jpg (44 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
soinlove.jpg
44 KB, 852x480
When he was in love.
>>
Did it say somewhere he was put in that shitty suit to hinder him so he wasn't a threat to sheev?
>>
>>63241215
that sounds like retarded EU-shit
>>
>>63241230
It makes sense when you consider that Grievous had a much better suit that was made years earlier.
>>
>>63241230
It is.

Anyway, according to Lucas Vader before suit could have surpassed Sheev. Post suit he only manged 80% of Sheev's power level.
>>
>>63241287
Grievous is an android, hes' barely ...whatever he was before he was put in the suit. Which also means that he couldn't use the force.

Anakins is much more complex, since he's still able to use the force. Also Grievous was BTFO'd by a few shots with a simple blaster pistol, so I wouldn't consider it much better.
>>
Prime Anakin was when he fought Dooku in ROTS. When he turned to the dark side he got careless and let his anger cloud his judgment. Pre-Sith Anakin wouldn't have let Obi-Wan get the high ground, nonetheless challenge it.
>>
File: the chosen one.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
the chosen one.png
1 MB, 1920x816
Prime Anakin would have been like a god, but I would say Vader>Anakin in rots. While he lost some of his speed he gained a lot more strength and learned from his mistakes in the past becoming a better duelist than he already was when he was in his early 20's and was already considered to be a top 5 duelist among the Jedi during the golden age.
>>
>>63241595
What evidence do we have that he became a better duelist?

In the OT, he beats an old man and a rookie Jedi before getting his shit pushed in by the same Jedi (this time mildly experienced) a year or two later.

Does Rebels prove it or something?
>>
>>63241042
I dont recall prequel Annie ever force choking someone over a long distance like Vader did to that English nerd

Killing someone from miles away with your mind is pretty much the definition of most powerful
>>
File: Before Upgrade.jpg (885 KB, 1680x2329) Image search: [Google]
Before Upgrade.jpg
885 KB, 1680x2329
>>63241287
Grievous was never a Jedi or a Sith though.
He was a legendary warrior that desired more power, so he "upgraded" himself. Regretted it too, but there was no turning back.

>>63241333
He's a cyborg. Almost a "doll", but not quite.
>>
>>63241655
Pretty sure word from God said so but who knows with Lucas and he only appeared like in 2 episode of rebels and causally btfo of everyone and left. He's also pretty beastly in his comics.
>>
>>63241042
He was at his best before he lost his hand. The more body parts he lost, the more midichlorians he lost, so he became weaker.
>>
>>63241655
The writers of Rebels claim Vader is in his prime during that series. The duel with Vader and Kanan is kinda cool. Vader just toys with him.
>>
File: darth vader arrives (2).jpg (39 KB, 625x293) Image search: [Google]
darth vader arrives (2).jpg
39 KB, 625x293
>>63241766
If Vader shows up in Rogue One, I hope he'll be portrayed like an unstoppable force hunting them down. Like sort of a Jason or a Terminator, all business.
>>
>>63241287
Grievous was a brain and a few organs in a droid body. There was so little of him left that they could give him an entirely new body with all kinds of features and advanced agility. Vader was still mostly human who needed his original body to keep using the force, which is why he had to wear an awkward bulky suit
>>
>>63241843
BANE?
>>
>>63241760
I thought midichlorians were just a random type of cell that multiplied when exposed to the force, and thus was more numerous in force users and potential force users. But if they're actually necessary to use the force... that's just dumb
>>
File: Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg (303 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg
303 KB, 700x919
>>63241939
YES?
>>
>>63241042

He's stronger as Vader in the force and as a duelist. It's directly stated. Shut the fuck up about it.
>>
File: Vader Supreme Commander.jpg (309 KB, 637x1000) Image search: [Google]
Vader Supreme Commander.jpg
309 KB, 637x1000
There are several points to what happened to Anakin.

I believe it's said in the RotS novelization that much of Anakin's disability was due to emotional and mental anguish from the death of his wife and (he thought) unborn child, the betrayal of his best friend and the destruction of his entire world and his own body because of his selfishness. He fucked everything up and had to live with it, and the isolation and immense regret he felt was buried beneath his only purpose left to him; to serve the empire he helped create, even if it was to rule beside the man that destroyed him in the first place.

Anakin before being crippled could have probably become the strongest Force user if he'd stayed away from the path of the dark side. Luke may have still surpassed him though.

Vader's suit was also designed to invoke the maximum amount of pain while he was being operated on to further immerse Vader into the dark side and strip away the identity of Anakin. His limbs were adjusted to be longer and more awkward to throw him off and his suit was outdated equipment. Basically Palpatine did everything he could to fuck Vader up and tell him "you're my slave now, and we both know it."

>inb4 hurr that's all EU shit

In the absence of info from the movies I take those as second best sources.
>>
>>63241114
>was he stronger before or after he transcended his flawed mortal flesh and became an immortal cyborg
>>
>>63242001
Or here's what actually happened: Vader was originally conceived as weaker than the emperor and the prequels making him jedi/sith jesus are just fucking retarded retcons.
>>
>>63242195
I always got the sense watching the originals that he owed him a life debt of some sort, the Emperor having saved his life by making him into his cyborg Samurai when he could have let him float around in space or something.
>>
>>63242277
vader wasn't a wookie though
>>
The force isn't supposed to be something that can be judged on a power level.

There's no super saiyan force users, sith lords and jedi masters just understand it better.

Also lightsabers will cut through and stab through anything, it doesn't matter how skilled you are, you fuck up once you get something cut off.
Being more skilled means you won't die as quickly as someone whose less skilled, but it doesn't necessarily mean you can't be surprised or that you're incapable of being hit once you're good at it.
It's a fucking sword, sure it's made of lasers, but the strongest fighter with it will still die with one critical cut.
>>
>>63242195
This. Anyone who watch's the OT can tell that he is supposed to be the weaker of the two. It isn't stated directly, but it seems to be implied very strongly.
>>
File: Remove Jedi.jpg (44 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
Remove Jedi.jpg
44 KB, 680x383
>>63241731
QYMAEN JAI SHEELAL DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>63242629
>he doesnt know about the midichlorian count test
>>
>>63241287
Is it still canon that Grievous is not force sensitive?

>>63241997
I think this is true. He obviously had to change his style but he watch more lethal as Vader.

So the new Disney canon, are any of the comics or books worth reading?
>>
File: 1445386158435.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1445386158435.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>63241731
you're so fucking wrong he didn't upgrade himself the separatists blew up his ship
>>
>>63242851
Not since The Clone Wars retconned his origins.
>>
File: 1448957552857.png (32 KB, 811x517) Image search: [Google]
1448957552857.png
32 KB, 811x517
>>63242910
Citation needed
>>
>>63242928
The episode "Lair of Grievous" in season one.
>>
So, what did bringing balance to the force mean? and if Anakin was the chosen one, why did he lose every fight he was ever in?
>>
>>63242986
He rekt Dooku in ep 3, Obi in 4, Luke in 5 and Sheev in 6
>>
>>63242986
>what did bringing balance to the force mean
It meant eradicating the Sith. In George's vision, while the Dark Side was a natural and necessary part of the Force, the Sith increased its power and diminished the light by twisting the Force to their ends, acting as a cancer on the whole thing. It didn't have anything to do with knocking the Jedi's numbers down, it was purely destroying the Sith.
>>
>>63242564
No, but obviously a man with nothing else to live for with his wife/mistress dead and his two children hidden from him.
>>
>>63243081
if it was a life debt he wouldn't have tried to have luke join him to usurp the emperor
>>
>>63243201
>What is the dark side twisting and turning your morals around
>What is suddenly finding out that your children are still alive, giving your life a new purpose
>What is the two points getting muddled together

I don't think he would have ever thought of betraying the Emperor without knowledge of Luke and Leia.
>>
>>63242986
Well according to the clone wars TV show which is canon he was literally supposed to become a godlike figure and control both the light and dark side of the force and keep them balance and making sure that one side doesn't overtake each other or something like that.
>>
>>63243201
What do you think he meant in Jedi when he said to Luke "you don't know the power of the darkside; i MUST obey my master"?
>>
Anakin never really became that strong
He was too much of a little bitch when he got Obi Wan'd and afterwards he got his shit too fucked up to achieve his true potential
>>
>>63243290
He beat dooku who rivaled Yoda and was literally the third most powerful Jedi at the age of 22 or 23 which was unheard of.
>>
From my point of view I felt sorry for Anakin until I remember he killed kids
>>
>>63241942
Midi-chlorians are microorganisms living inside every cell of your body and they allow you to connect with the Force. The more you have the more you can use/feel/communicate with the Force.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.