[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Napoleon Dynamite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: dynamite.jpg (45 KB, 970x474) Image search: [Google]
dynamite.jpg
45 KB, 970x474
Opinions on Napoleon Dynamite?
>>
Napoleon Dynamite X Black Dynamite when
>>
>>63240897
Holy shit, you just blew my mind.
>>
I saw it during my dude weed phase and it made me uncomfortable. Totally enjoyable when not really stoned.
>>
>>63240897
Please somehow make this happen.
>>
I watched this at dec. 2004 at 5am in the morning with my brother
I was 10 and had I had no idea what was going on

I haven't seen it since but it occupies a strange place in my memory
always seemed weird to me that it became a pop culture thing
>>
Would not vote for Pedro.
>>
I like it a lot.
>>
Only normals can't appreciate this geek dome movie, gosh.

Either way, it wasn't that amazing but still highly enjoyable.
>>
>>63241204
>Only normals can't appreciate this geek dome movie
Are you serious? Every kid in my class loved this movie when it came out. It became a huge pop culture thing that normies loved. It's unfunny garbage.
>>
Hits close to home if you live in that area , cityfags wouldn't understand it though

As far as an actual movie goes, it's pretty much standard Hollywood stuff, basic plot and such but still a pretty funny movie overall
>>
Its one of best comedies of all time.
>>
>>63239971

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63241416
>Are you serious?

I remember the socially crippled being all high and mighty about this movie. Quoting the hilarity out of the movie that you just wanted to disown these kids.
>>
>>63239971
It's the most accurate movie about Mormonism I've ever seen.

See:
>>63241471
>>
>>63241661
>It's the most accurate movie about Mormonism I've ever seen.

I have friend who was raised Mormon and he visited family in Idaho quite a bit. He claimed this movie was pretty accurate. Glad somebody else backs this up.
>>
>>63239971
7.5/10
>>
Napoleon Dynamite is good if you go into it expecting a movie about nothing. I hated it the first time I watched it because I couldn't stop wondering when the plot would kick in, but subsequent viewings I enjoy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
>>
>>63241696
My best friend in high school was basically Napoleon Dynamite. Maybe more charismatic but just the weirdness and the modesty and boringness of it all captures "small northwestern farming town" perfectly.
>>
cute little flick to be honest
>>
>>63241661
>>63241696
can you guys please explain a bit, seriously interested
>>
its no Spork
>>
>>63241811
It's tough to explain. It really requires you to know and "understand" Mormons. Not like at a doctrine level but more like an appreciation for how they behave, especially as a family and to other people.
>>
The ending was awesome.
>>
>>63239971
Comfy, funny, and the most quotable movie ever.
>>
>>63241754
this is pretty good, not cringe at all!
>>
>>63239971
Originally hated it for the oversaturation in pop culture. Have really grown to enjoy it now that the hype has died down nearly 10 years later.
>>
>>63241416
You sound like you dislike popular things.
>>
comfy as f*** movie to be desu sempai
>>
>>63242441

So basically you hated it because it was so popular, and now you can enjoy it now that it's not quite so popular? You complete moron, quit letting other people define your tastes.

God this board is fucking repulsive.
>>
>>63241471
"Cityfags" understand everything you do and far more.
>>
>>63239971
i fucking love it
>>
I remember in HS you were either

>a fairly self-confident person that could admit to enjoying a silly movie
>tryhard seriousfag that felt superior to others but was actually insecure with how others judged themselves
>>
>>63239971
One of the great movies of our time. I think if people 100 years from now see anything about this era it should be that.
>>
this movie was one of the first "alternative' esque movies i ever watched, and it confused the hell out of me because there wasn't much of a plot, but it still held my interest.

because of that i have fond memories, but i recognize that it's nothing special
>>
Name a better sequence of opening credits
>>
File: 1410482365550.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1410482365550.png
342 KB, 394x394
Fun the first time you watch it with diminishing returns during every rewatch.
>>
>>63242620
Zombieland really set the goofy mood of the film in the opening credits.
>>
>>63242639
stop watching it so much
>>
>>63242669
Oh I haven't watched it in over ten years, but it wore out it's welcome after 5 or 6 times.
>>
It's kinda a dumb movie. Real comfy tho, I love the 80s sound track and depiction of suburban life in a little town in the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: 1433000897148.jpg (39 KB, 320x360) Image search: [Google]
1433000897148.jpg
39 KB, 320x360
>>63239971
>>
ND is a fucking dumb movie. Not funny. Not entertaining. Not artistic. This flick has no value whatsoever.
>>
>>63239971

I recently rewatched this with my friend when it was on TV. We were both tired and dazed out after a long night of gaming and we had the perfect mood for watching the movie. I noticed so many little things that I had missed on my first time.
What I really like like about the movie is that even though the characters are awkward as fuck you don't feel embarrassed for them. They just don't give a single fuck about the situation.
>>
Very telling of the age of people posting here that anyone likes this awful film
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.