[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
All 'fuck progressivism' aside, what did you think of S1 of Jessica Jones?

End of season spoilers: Did they kill off Kilgrave too soon?
>>
Kilgrave was really just too dangerous to be left alive. Jessica already spared him long enough with "muss free muh Hope". Simpson was the only voice of reason on the show. It's really brave of them in this new politically correct world to make the white guy the voice of reason.
>>
>>63240538
Killgrave was a great villain but they really did have to kill him off.

I'd give it a solid 6/10, does a good job of feminine empowerment Jessica's "YOU RAPED ME!" scene was imo one of the better examples of non intrusive feminism (in that it fit with the plot) and despite my initial misgivinga, I was really intrigued by the Carrie Anne Moss lesbian legal drama.

Ritter's tough girl act got annoying about 3/4 the way through, and I would say the same thing we're she a male character.

It got kind of lax in the last half, like they only had 8 episodes but stretched it to 13. Too much filler, they just didn't have enough story. I also think Ritter pulls off the role well as an actor, but physically she just isn't there.
>>
>>63240741
Disregard that quote
>>
>>63240741
Yah they did a good job making us lose that slowly growing sympathy for Kilgrave by having him try to justify raping Jessica to her face.
>>
File: you know what pepe.png (9 KB, 422x407) Image search: [Google]
you know what pepe.png
9 KB, 422x407
>>63239689
stopped at EP3
not as great as DareDevil..
>>
>>63239689

any rumors on who the s2 villain will be?

also i was really happy when rosario dawson came on. i want to lick her body ;]
>>
>>63241026
I'm not sure, but isn't Netflix making a season of a Luke Cage show next, which would presumably then have Jessica as a bit of a side character (like Luke was for this season).

I don't read comics, but who's generally considered to be the big baddie in his storyline? Some IGH mad scientist?
>>
>>63239689
I didn't think they killed him off too soon, he was way to powerful. BUT I did think the way they went about killing him was really lackluster.
>>
>>63239689
It was decent, much better than /tv/ makes it out to be. They had to finish off Killgrave, it was dumb that they didn't just kill him when they first had the chance. They can't keep him going another season.
>>
>>63241084
Strangely enough, Jessica isn't listed on IMDB as part of Luke Cage's cast. There has to be some kind of cameo though.
>>
File: 14391-2700-16093-1-power-man.jpg (64 KB, 400x620) Image search: [Google]
14391-2700-16093-1-power-man.jpg
64 KB, 400x620
>>63241084
Mr. Fish
>>
>>63241022
dumb frogposter
>>63241241
intelligent fishposter
>>
http://strawpoll.me/4856660
>>
>>63241241
Why are their villians so dumb? "Purple Man" and "Mr Fish" don't exactly sound like the most terrorizing villains.
>>
>>63241084
Luke Cage is one of the few Marvel heroes I can think of with no conceivable archnemesis. They'll probably go with the original Diamondback, who was a childhood friend of Cage's who betrayed him, but that guy was only ever in like 2 issues.
>>
I liked it but it would have been a lot better if it was reduced to 8 episodes.
>>
>>63241329
Because these stories are dated as fuck, and even if they weren't, there was always an element of camp to them.
>>
>>63239689
It was a little slow and had a lot of filler (lesbian divorce, Malcolm).

The fight scenes were very sloppy. Like one-take sloppy. I'm assuming JJ's feet are simply too big to perform stunt work.
>>
>>63239689
Not as good as Daredevil, but like Daredevil the villain was the best part.
>>
>>63241084

i thought luke was pretty much just a vigilante that cleans up the streets.

i dunno if his series would have some overarching baddie. he'll probably just be beating up random thugs, doing protection work for the everyman. and they'll probably pepper in some members of the wrecking crew or something like they did with simpson in JJ.

i really cant wait for iron fist tho. if theres any /co/mmandos in this thread what are some essential iron fists that i should read?
>>
>>63241026
Does Jessica Jones even really have any villains other than Purple Man? Skrull Jarvis? The only real option is Simpson/Nuke.

I just hope Trish becomes Hellcat in season 2.
>>
>>63241533
I thought they were going to go the Heroes for Hire route with Luke and have the show about him and Iron Fist.

Netflix is totally going to have to start combining them. They don't want to do more than two a year, but DD season 2 is in the works, with the ratings JJ got season 2 is guaranteed, and they still have Luke Cage, Iron Fist and then the Defenders to get off the ground.
>>
>>63241597
>>63241533
>>63241355
Luke Cage started filming 2 months ago. The villain is Cottonmouth.
>>
>>63239689
Killgrave isn't dead
>>
Characters were all over the place.
Jessica, Trish and Kilgrave were strong. Malcolm, Simpson, Hogarth and the incest twins are practically schizophrenic. Each do 2 separate and complete 180s that change their motivations and world view throughout the series. It's super jarring and really detracts from the character focused drama.
>>
>>63239689
Wildly spotty. Some good moments, many bad. Awful writing. Terrible dialogue. Ritter not able to carry the role. I hung in there til ep07 or so (with the parents) and then I turned it off in disgust. I probably won't continue.
>>
>>63241597
They already said that all the Netflix shows are going to culminate in a Defnders miniseries.
>>
Hypnosis is my fetish. I've heard that this has some form of mind control. Any scenes one could potentially fap to?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.