[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /tv/, which Alien movie is, in your opinion, best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19
File: Xenomorph.png (864 KB, 640x820) Image search: [Google]
Xenomorph.png
864 KB, 640x820
Okay /tv/, which Alien movie is, in your opinion, best?
>>
>>63236783
The first one was the only good one.
>>
>>63236783
first one
>>
is anyone gonna answer with anything either than the first or possibly second? lmao
first is best btw
>>
>>63236783
First will always be perfect.
>>
>>63236783
Isolation
>>
First for sci-fi horror
Second for sci-fi action
>>
First. The second is good but declines in quality once the nest is discovered and most of the Marines die. They really drove that movie.
>>
>>63236783
Alien.
>>
>>63236783
Alien because he's a Big Chap.
>>
File: aliens sentry guns.jpg (46 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
aliens sentry guns.jpg
46 KB, 640x340
>>63236783
The one with these things in it.
>>
File: 1308714290986.jpg (79 KB, 720x458) Image search: [Google]
1308714290986.jpg
79 KB, 720x458
>>63236783
>>
How is this even a question? first one of course

>>63237371
fuck off /v/eddit
>>
>>63236783

The first one is probably the best, however I think I enjoy the second one more.
>>
just wait
those autists who think alien 3 is the best movie will be here
>>
File: Aliens_poster.jpg (59 KB, 283x444) Image search: [Google]
Aliens_poster.jpg
59 KB, 283x444
>>
>>63236783
Alien 3.
>>
>>63237285
>lmao
>>
i liked alien v predator
>>
Does Prometheus count? Because that is GOAT tier cinema.
>>
File: 562.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>63237556
>>63237513
>>
the only people who would argue that aliens is better than is alien are the same people who would say that terminator 2 is better than the original

those people are what i like to call faggot retards
>>
>>63237500

Alien 3 is still better than 4 and Prometheus combined.
>>
File: 1448468912569.jpg (33 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1448468912569.jpg
33 KB, 300x392
>>63237579

>Not liking the directors cut of Alien 3

Absolute pleb.
>>
>>63237500
I like alien 3 but it's in no way better than the first.
I like aliens and 3 equally.
>>
Don't even remember any of them after the first one.
>>
Can I ask why people dislike 3 so much? I really like it.
It's feel more like the first one with more of the horror feel.
I aliens in sci-fi action and it did it well but 3 goes back to the original theme.
Do people hate it because it's so different than aliens? Less action?
>>
alien>alien 4>alien 3>aliens>Prometheus.
>>
OP here, guess it was sort if an obvious question, should have asked which did /tv/ prefer instead which was best.

The first one is best.

>>63237611
There is no directors cut though. Only a theatrical and Assembly, though I assume you mean the latter so we cool senpai.
>>
>>63237788
Yes I meant Assembly.
>>
>>63237695

Because it followed after the success of Aliens, which is usually not a good thing. The movie is fine in a vacuum, so is Return of the Jedi for example, but since its usually compared to the stronger entries in the series, people tend to automatically call it shit
>>
>>63237695
In my opinion its just too bleak, takes place in a very dank and dirty setting and has fairly uninteresting characters outside of a few.

Plus the alien, while cool in concept looks horrible when moving around.

That said the ending is amazing.
>>
>>63237855

>In my opinion its just too bleak, takes place in a very dank and dirty setting

Like Alien then?

>has fairly uninteresting characters outside of a few

M8 all of the prisoners where entertaining characters
>>
Prometheus, it's also the best film of all time
>>
File: 1448036721506.jpg (7 KB, 145x217) Image search: [Google]
1448036721506.jpg
7 KB, 145x217
>>63237976
>>
>>63237921
I don't think thats true, Alien slowly builds up to that dread. A big point is how natural the performances are and how flat almost office like atmosphere that it initially builds off of.

It isn't til the Alien has gotten a few crew members do things look bleak.

Aliens 3 comes right out the gate with that tone, not really comparable.

I think I do like the main Alien 3 cast but there are so many fucking people in that colony/prison so they sort of blend together in my mind.
>>
>>63237695
I really didn't like the beginning of it because it just shit on Aliens ending. The little girl died and so did the milkman. Seemed like instead of building on Aliens they just wanted to forget about it and make their own Alien movie.

Alien is one of my favorite movies and I like that one the most out of all of them. I also kinda like Prometheus because of what it adds to the Alien universe. Too bad they put so much stupid shit in it, hopefully the next movies will be better and they won't use the first draft of the script when making them.
>>
the problem with comparable the different Alien movies is that none of them are even in the same genre. Alien is a classic haunted house movie, Aliens is a big 80s action flick, 3 is a slasher with some weird artsy elements thrown in, Resurrection is a tongue-in-cheek Whedon romp that pings back and forth between lighthearted adventure and cheesy body horror

Alien is easily the best of the four, but the others can be appreciated for what they are once you accept that they aren't sequels so much as totally unrelated movies that just used the monster design and brand name to boost ticket sales.
>>
>>63237750
are you me?
>>
>>63237750
>>63238722
both gay and wrong
>>
File: android ash.gif (339 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
android ash.gif
339 KB, 454x340
>tfw you can only download the director's cut

>>63236783
Alien

>>63237510
>implying the marines, hicks specifically, and newt don't all ruin the point of the xenomorph
>>
>>63238460
>alien
>not full slasher mode at the end

It's fine that you tried to separate them each into their own thing, but Alien and Alien 3 are really the same thing.
>>
>>63238882
The biggest difference is the size of the cast. In my opinion, Alien never really goes into full slasher territory because there just aren't enough cast members to kill off for it to qualify. There's like seven characters in the whole movie and one of the fatalities isn't even caused by the monster. That's why it's more of a spooky horror movies as opposed to a blood&guts horror movie with lots of deaths like Alien 3. I guess you could argue that it's just a minor difference but I think it does have a big effect on the overall tone of the movie
>>
prometheus
>>
>>63237564
This. Plebs didn't understand it & wanted another space ship boogieman chase. Granted the elements were hard to follow on first viewing, which they could've made easier.

They're filming the sequel now I think. Gonna be epiballs desu flimfam.
>>
>>63239062
>In my opinion, Alien never really goes into full slasher territory because there just aren't enough cast members to kill off for it to qualify.
Then I guess in your opinion Halloween isn't a slasher because only 6 people get killed. Does Friday the 13th count with its whopping 9? A Nightmare on Elm Street certainly wouldn't count with just four on screen kills by Freddy.

I'm not arguing it's a minor difference, I'm gonna go ahead and argue you don't really know what a slasher movie is. It's not about a number of victims, but there being a extraordinary figure killing people while a central protagonist tries not to get picked off like the rest.
>>
>>63239444
Halloween doesn't count because it's not a horror film at all, it's a Donald Pleasence biopic . The other two are haunted house movies just like Alien. Alien 3 isn't really like any of them, it's more like Carnosaur
>>
>>63239571
>Halloween doesn't count because it's not a horror film at all, it's a Donald Pleasence biopic .
This is a funny joke.

>Alien, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street are haunted house movies
This is not.
>>
>>63238842
>>63238842
>tfw you realize ash is bilbo baggins
>>
>>63239905
Oh fuck
>>
Alien is the best and that case is closed in my book. Aliens is great too but the original is perfect.
>>
File: 1448203244436.jpg (900 KB, 3108x3986) Image search: [Google]
1448203244436.jpg
900 KB, 3108x3986
>>63236783
the first one tbqh
>>
ALIEN no question. There are few films that have given me goosebumps. This was one. When they see the space jockey for the first time holy shit

Aliens absolutely reeks of the worst aspects of 80's action movies. The idea is solid but personally I found it to be excruciatingly dull. A lot of talk and little substance. Alien 3 has its moments and has a cohesive visual design. Alien 4 is so weird I don't consider it an alien film. But it's dumb fun.
>>
>>63237371
DELETE THIS
>>
File: wew.png (298 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
298 KB, 2271x2380
>>63236783
would it be possible to fuck an alien, or would their pussy melt your dick off?
>>
How do anons feel about the alternate versions?
Alien theatrical for me, but the other two I liked the Aliens special edition and Alien 3 assembly cuts more than the originals.

Haven't seen Resurrection in years and never the special version, but I'd probably go with that for the changed ending.
>>
Alien and Aliens are both equally great, just comes down to personal preference. That being said, I'd much rather pop in Aliens with some pals than I would Alien.
>>
>>63241412
>Alien
theatrical
>Aliens
special edition
>Alien 3
theatrical
>Alien Resurrection
It doesn't matter, but theatrical
>>
>>63241456
>That being said, I'd much rather pop in Aliens with some pals than I would Alien.
This for sure. Alien is a movie where it's best to listen carefully to every last conversation or else you could miss something.
>>
Pixar's "Alien Princess" (2025) after Disney-Apple-Time-Warner bought the Alien franchise for $2 Billion in 2017
>>
>>63242013
no
>>
>>63237564
>>63239277
I refuse to believe either of you are not trolling.

It was a good movie up until they were leaving the alien spaceship on the moon. Then it just got retarded.
>>
>>63237371
This
>>
Alien is best followed closely by Aliens.
>>
File: Alien_three_ver1_xlg.png (615 KB, 814x1078) Image search: [Google]
Alien_three_ver1_xlg.png
615 KB, 814x1078
Unpopular choice but Alien 3 is fucking amazing in my books.

Charles S Dutton hit it out of the park
>>
Both Alien and Aliens are the best. Alien is a great movie in its own right. Lightning and obscurity are awesome, the atmosphere is without equal, designs are unique. The directing is great and prove that early Ridley is still best Ridley.

Aliens is my personal favorite for various reasons. It is great because Cameron didn't choose the easy way like many slashers sequels did, for example. He imagined a totally new thing with the original material. He gave a lot a stuff that expanded the background of this future (Wayland Yutani, military, colonies, stations, Amanda Ripley). The thematics are well done too, especially around all the "Mother" stuff (Ripley-Amanda-Newt vs. the Queen and the hive, both wants to protect their offsprings/adoptive children). The settings in Aliens are great, the SFX too and the tension is intense (thanks to the motion tracker and the sentry turrets). And don't forget Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton.

Alien 3 had some good ideas and cinematography, but is a little too close to Alien (one creature against underarmed people). Plus it shits all over Aliens' ending.

Resurrection... well, didn't like it at all. It has its style, sure, buuuut...
>>
Can i be honest ?

Even though Alien is the superior film on so many technical levels i enjoyed watching Alien 4 much more

The sheer absurdity of the plot "LOL RIPLEY'S BACK BE SHE'S SUPER STRONG BECAUSE OF ALIEN BLOD", the mind numbingly dumb shit like the scientist kissing the Aliens through the glass or the basketball scene , the way it completely shit on the legacy the serie had

I was just floored the first time i saw it, it caught me off guard, all i could do was laugh and be fascinated by what was next

It was a fantastic experience for me and could only be like that because of the three movies before it, what a fucking betrayal i couldn't believe my eyes
>>
Alien is the only good one, you fucking nerds.
>>
>>63243951
You know one thing I love about Aliens? The fact that it confronted head-on the aftermath of the final survivor of a surreal horror movie. I sometimes wonder what would happen after a horror movie ends where there is a lone survivor, lots of dead people, and the explanation is a monster that nobody thinks could possibly exist. Everyone has to rely on the lone survivor's outrageous story as to what happened. Aliens confronted that outright. Ripley had to explain why the cargo ship was destroyed and why everyone else in her crew was dead, and nearly faced criminal charges because nobody (understandably) believed her story that a malevolent creature caused it all. I don't know if I articulated that well but I always loved that touch.

>Plus it shits all over Aliens' ending.
This is the one thing about the end of Aliens/beginning of Alien 3 that I always disagree with, and it's because of one thing. Everyone thought they finally made it to safety at the end of Aliens, but at the end of the credits you can very audibly hear a facehugger crawling around in the ship. This was done intentionally to imply that the characters weren't quite in the clear just yet as they thought they were.
>>
>>63244088
To me it shits on the ending not because the characters die, but because they die off camera after the second movie spends so much time building these characters to be used in the future

I don't care that they die but they should either have died at the end of 2 or died after a small while in 3

You have these characters fucking do something with them, you could have Newt die at the beggining of the movie by having her feel safe then have her stomach explode THAT would have an impact

Here it really feels "oh btw she died" no tension no build up because you saw Aliens years ago no nothing
>>
>>63241242
xenomorphs are asexual
>>
>>63244023
The most head-scratching moment in that movie for me was the "why does she have memories?" scene for one reason. The scientists seem baffled to find that the first successful Ripley clone had alien DNA as if it was something they never anticipated (because apparently aliens can do that now). Yet the only reason they cloned her in the first place was to get their hands on new alien DNA, being the queen gestating inside her, in order to resurrect the species, while at the same time bringing back the only person who was ever a serious threat to the alien to begin with. Then they proceeded to not watch over her anywhere nearly as well as they should have. Basically their master plan was to bring back the species by also bringing back the one person who killed it off in the first place, then let her do it all over again.
>>
>>63244088
>>63244145
Kind of agree with the last comment. Well, I don't think the parents of Carrie Henn would have aggreed a gore SFX on their daughter, but you get the point. They are the heroes of the last movie and boom, the next one begins and they are already dead.

For the facehugger/egg thing at the end of the credits in Aliens, I heard about it but I don't remember noticing it myself. Alien 3 shows clearly an egg in the Sulaco but it is not really coherent. The Queen didn't had the time to visit the ship (it came right from the dropship when it slices Bishop in half), and when it catches up Ripley before leaving the colony, when it comes out of the elevator, the Queen didn't carry an egg nor have the eggsack anymore. So the egg in the Sulaco at the begining of Alien 3 is kind of odd.
>>
>>63244241
The way i understood it is that they were trying to have an exact clone of Ripley and the alien baby inside her and they realized their method made their DNA fuse together

As in, they were trying to create a human pregnant with an alien but ended up creating a new thing

Then they kept her because that's a good thing to experiment on
>>
>>63236808
/thread
>>
>>63244248
>They are the heroes of the last movie and boom, the next one begins and they are already dead.
I don't know. I'm still not on board with it. I don't think they needed to be in the movie for five minutes and then die nearly immediately. That probably would have pissed people off even more. The point is that they were going to die. I was was ok with that beginning. Besides, it's not like Hicks was going to do anything useful. He was incapacitated and badly burned by the end of Aliens.

>For the facehugger/egg thing at the end of the credits in Aliens, I heard about it but I don't remember noticing it myself.
It's at the VERY end of the credits.

>So the egg in the Sulaco at the begining of Alien 3 is kind of odd.
Now this definitely bothered me. If it was a lone facehugger that made its way onto the ship without an egg it would have been fine.
>>
>>63236783
First.
>>
>>63244023
To be honest, alien 4 on its own is a pretty good movie, it has a great casting, great special effects, a good director and it really goes all the way with its craziness, it just doesn't work very well as sequel to alien.
>>
I don't know. I love Alien and Aliens equally. They're just perfect (theatrical version for Alien and director's cut for Aliens). I'm still butthurt at Alien 3. I'm curious about the sequel. This franchise is a mess. We can ignore AVP, Alien: Ressurection, Prometheus and soon we can ignore Alien 3 as well if we want.
>>
>>63244373
Fair enough for Hicks. As much as it pains me to admit it, he was expandable (like every other marines, actually). I'm more upset about Newt's death. The girl survived two weeks in an infested colony, survived the events of Aliens (even after being abducted)... I don't know. Maybe she deserved better than this off-screen death.
>>
>>63244323
>As in, they were trying to create a human pregnant with an alien but ended up creating a new thing
I got that, but then they went on and did absolutely nothing with her even though it was clear that not only did she inherit the alien's DNA, but also had all her old memories and hatred for the species intact. They even expressed fear that she might "take up on her old habits." I get that they might want to experiment on the clone for other reasons, but they already met their endgame by bringing back a queen. That should have been their primary concern, especially considering that they were already fearful that she would try to kill the very thing they've worked hard to revive all over again.

Not to mention the vague explanation of how the alien transferred its DNA into the host was stupid as it was.
>>
Alien>Aliens>Alien3>Alien:Resurrection
>>
>>63244478
That's a fair point, and I agree about Hicks. He's my favorite character in the series not named Ripley, but his story was over.
>>
>>63244421
These are objective facts.
>>
>>63244421
/agree
>>
>ayy lmao
>
>
>ayy lmaos
>
>ayy lmao3
>ayy lmao resurrection
>ayylmaotheus
>>
>>63244478
And it's not because it was meant to be because it needs to be dark or something but because the production was such a mess. I'm willing to give Blomkamp a chance. He won't be on his own anyway so there's a chance. Maybe he'll get lucky and we're gonna have a fine trilogy for people who didn't like Alien 3.
>>
>>63244525
He didn't really have a story. Well he befriended Ripley but that's it. What a sequel can do is to evolve him. Make him a scarred, grim veteran. Make him important as "that guy who knows what's going on."
>>
>>63244554
Meh, if that's what you want, but I'll pass. I don't like the idea of retconing a story just because part of it wasn't popular. To me that's the test audience way of doing things.
>>
>>63244478
>expandable
>>
>>63244530
>ayy lmao versus predator
>ayy lmao versus predator: requiem
>>
>>63244581
It wouldn't be the first time. AVP movies have also been retconned (I don't remember how). This franchise is a "choose your adventure" type which is fine because I don't like what Prometheus did to the Space Jockeys.
>>
>>63244478
See that's the point, i don't agree that she "deserved better" in a moral standpoint because the movie was tring to be bleak as hell , it's just, you did so much with that character and you're gonna start off the next one by just hand waving the character doesn't matter anymore?

That's just disrepectful to the audience unless you're the guy that made the previous movie and you're trying to say something by doing that on purpose
>>
>>63244645
It is. That's why it doesn't work. It could work if it was in the middle of the movie. Or if Ripley's pod was the only one that made it to Fiorina. Killing Newt and Hicks like that is more annoying than sad or effective. It's jus so obvious there were some problems behind the scenes and it just looks silly especially when we watch it right after Aliens. Bleak or not we need *some* pay off.
>>
>>63244730
Yeah , put the exact same shit at the end of Aliens and suddenly it works

To which some will argue they did because you can hear the facehugger in the credits but it doesn't come off in the same way when the next movie shows in full deatail that they are indeed dead
>>
>>63244730
>Or if Ripley's pod was the only one that made it to Fiorina

This. Maybe, with that option, even the fate of Newt and Hicks could have been left ambiguous. They're not relevant to Alien 3 story, but they're not explicitly dead either (leaving an open door for a sequel, for example).
>>
>>63244730
>It's jus so obvious there were some problems behind the scenes and it just looks silly especially when we watch it right after Aliens.
See that's not what I got out of it at all. I was definitely ok with that beginning because it drove home a point for me. We may love these characters, but the beginning of Alien 3 in my eyes served as a reminder that no matter how attached to these characters I may be, they exist in a universe that doesn't care about them, and that's part of what I love about the Alien series. Anybody is a candidate at any moment.

People seem to forget that the exact same thing happens later on in Alien 3 with Clemens as what happened to Hicks and Newt. They spend a movie (or a large chunk of one) building up these characters and just as we're starting to get really fond of them, boom, they drop dead, because the Alien universe is merciless. When it happened to Hicks and Newt, everyone shook their heads, but when it happened to Clemens, people thought it was one of the few truly redeeming qualities about Alien 3.
>>
1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Predator
4. Predators
5. Alien3
6. Predator 2
7. AvP: Alien vs. Predator
8. Prometheus
9. Alien: Resurrection
10. AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requieum

With Alien being 9/10 and AVPR being 2/10.
>>
>>63244818
>even the fate of Newt and Hicks could have been left ambiguous.
I can't imagine a scenario where there would have been fewer complainers if this was the beginning we wound up with.
>>
>>63244828
The death of Clemens is the only really effective and unpredictable. I don't rally get her brief romance with Ripley but whatever.
In other scenes it becomes ovcious that if a prisoner is on screen for too long, he's going to die in a moment (because it's more exciting than just dragging them to the hive so the alien just kills everybody know) like prisoner Frank. Remember him? The only exception is the one who gets the most lines (Morse) and the leader.
>>
>>63236783
Only the first
>>
Alien for suspense, Aliens for sweet space action. Id say both are equally entertaining. Aliens had the mo fucking queen doe!!!
>>
>>63241412

>Alien
Theatrical

>Aliens
Either or but leaning towards directors

>Alien 3
Assembly

>Alien Ressurection
I guess theatrical since never seen extended

I'm split on Aliens because I feel it runs a little long in that Director's cut but it has the machine gun sequence and thats fucking awesome.

We should have done a stream of the movies on Halloween and I'm pissed I only thought of it now.
>>
>>63236783
Alien. Great atmosphere, great dialogue and natural acting.

Aliens a close second, but it's a different kind of film.
>>
File: 1426164568505.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
1426164568505.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>63236783
Alien 4
>>
>>63245828
>aliens
Directors cut but skip past the colony scenes.

The only true version.
>>
>>63237476
Why don't they make shit like this anymore ?
It brings so much life into movies.
>>
>>63245990
This is exactly my issue with it, because I don't care about the colony people. I only care about my Marine bros but I also want that Ripley mother scene

Also heads uo ANONs the entire series as their extended cuts (including AvP) is on Encore demand which is where I rewatched them in case some people feel like it or whatever.
>>
File: ayyy.gif (520 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.gif
520 KB, 320x180
>>63241242
No, but you can let them impregnate you
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7532229/1/The-Predalien-s-Mate
>>
>>63246033
The way action unfolds in Aliens is just so good. I love the first two movies equally but I really believe Aliens surpasses Alien in many ways. It perfectly fits the definition of an epic movie. Especially the DC which is long enough.
>>
>>63246093
Ripley fucks an Alien in A:R but it's a little hard to see. She does it though because Sigourney Weaver wanted it.
>>
>>63246098
If any thing, I think most would at least agree that Aliens is about as good a sequel as you can get to anything
>>
>>63246116
Jim Cameron knew his stuff. Even Terminator 2 is a superb movie despite being overly similar to the first one. I actually prefer the first movie. It annoys me a bit when people don't even consider the first movie to be the best one.
>>
>>63246158
Are you talking about the Terminator? I thought everyone preferred the first one? I know I do
>>
>>63246158
>>63246248
Same. The first one had a type of grit to it that the second movie glossed over.
>>
>>63237476
Wow, it looks so bleak. What >>63246019 said.
>>
Alien but Aliens is pretty great too
Alien 3 was alright
Resurrection is hot dogshit and I don't understand how anyone could like it in the context of the series
>>
AMAZING > GREAT > GOOD > OK > BAD > HORRIBLE

ALIEN - AMAZING
ALIENS - GREAT
ALIEN 3 - GOOD
ALIEN R - LOW GOOD
PROMETHEUS - HIGH GOOD
PREDATOR - GREAT
PREDATOR 2 - GREAT
PREDATORS - GREAT
AVP - LOW GOOD
AVPR - LOW GOOD
>>
>>63246672
AvP was great.
AvPR was Bad.
>>
>>63246692
Great and unique setting but bad execution.
>>
>>63246692
Avp was a watered down nutered hollow version of genuinely great comic story lines.
AVPR's only serious flaw was ripping off the Return of the living dead ending and being too darkly lit.
>>
>>63246843
lel I like how whether they're actually well made movies or not means nothing and comic book storylines and unoriginality supposedly make or break a movie for you
Reqiuem was absolutely awful.
>>
>>63246907
But it was better made..
The Wolf Pred looked superb, the aliens looks ok other than flappy arms, and the pred alien while not ideal looked great.
While the Preds in AVP looked like cheap crap.
Both films had serviceable if unmemorable cast.
>>
>>63237285

Alien 3 assembly cut is the patrician choice senpai
>>
File: alien queen.jpg (95 KB, 960x764) Image search: [Google]
alien queen.jpg
95 KB, 960x764
I loved Aliens vs. Predator. It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it delivered what it promised. AVPR sucked balls, it completely missed the point of both franchises. AVPR felt like it was targeted for teenyboppers and not for serious sci-fi horror fans.
>>
>>63247843
>AVPR sucked balls, it completely missed the point of both franchises
Do tell what the fuck is the point of both franchises and how the god damn fuck did the first AVP get that point more right that it???
>>
>>63246943
>The Wolf Pred looked superb, the aliens looks ok other than flappy arms, and the pred alien while not ideal looked great.
How could you tell? The lighting is so bad you can't see anything.
>>
While people have different tastes in terms of Alien and Aliens we can all at least agree on
3>AvP>4>AvP2>Prometheus
>>
File: dark horse avp.jpg (57 KB, 400x612) Image search: [Google]
dark horse avp.jpg
57 KB, 400x612
>>63248050
Aliens: sneaky space lizards
Predator: invisible space egyptians
AVP: space lizards vs. invisible space egyptians
AVPR: space lizards vs. invisible space egyptians that act completely out of character

The first AVP movie was very much like in the original comics with pyramids, labyrinths, and shit. AVPR was more like those late 90s early 00s revival slasher movies where a bunch of high schoolers get slaughtered by some gimmick murderer.
Earlier alien movies had bunch of engineers and scientists as the main characters, giving the movies that science angle of science fiction.

AVPR was such a promising setup because it wast the first time we were going to see Aliums in open environment. All the other Alien movies were set in some claustrophobic hellholes, so we didn't really know how they would behave if they had full open world to hide in. It had so much potential, especially when AVP had that cliffhanger ending with predalien.

TL;DR:
AVP understands what alien and predator are, and then combines them.
AVPR is a teenybopper slasher because the people in charge didn't watch the original Alien and Predator movies.
>>
>>63237603
That's not saying much, and I like 3
>>
>>63244843
Predator 2 > Alien 3
>>
>>63248312
>AVPR: space lizards vs. invisible space egyptians that act completely out of character
How were they out of character...
>AVPR was more like those late 90s early 00s revival slasher movies where a bunch of high schoolers get slaughtered by some gimmick murderer.
But their is nothing fucking wrong with that...
>>
>>63249101
Out of character was probably not the best choice of words. What I meant is they were so out of place. As I said; in previous Alien movies we had seen them in closed environments, so a big open world for them to roam was a great chance to tell us something new about the xenos, but they totally fucked it up by turning it into schlocky teenybopper "horror".
Now don't get me wrong, I love movies like Scream, I know what you did last summer, Final Destination etc. but that kind of approach is not fitting for Alien and Predator movies.

It did pretty much the same mistakes as Jason X, they tried too hard to make Alien and Predator "badass-cool" with slow motion kills and rock music, even though Alien and Predator are badass and cool by their own terms.
>>
Alien>Aliens>Prometheus=Alien3>Resurrection>AvP(both)
>>
File: aliencovenant-logo2.jpg (25 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
aliencovenant-logo2.jpg
25 KB, 700x460
Ridley Scott is not going to disappoint us with this.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.