[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
<-- The Man in the High Castle Is this any good? My idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
<-- The Man in the High Castle

Is this any good?

My idea of good is Twin Peaks (series), Evangelion (26 episode anime) Akira Kurosawa's Dreams, Onibaba, Tarkovsky and Bergman

Thanks in advance guys... I watched the first episode with my fiancée and I was just wondering what I am in for
>>
Ask your fiancee's boyfriend.
>>
Its typical "nazis are evil" jew propaganda
>>
>>63236118
that's me, though
>>
>>63236153
Except that it's not. The plot lines as an alternate timeline and where nazis won, usa won, and other alternatives happened. The time travel/papallel universe stuff comes to play.
>>
Terrible, stupid characters but great worldbuilding
>>
>>63236031
It's a slightly above average TV show. The premise and setting are great, but the show unfolds in a pretty mundane way. It reminded me of that show Revolution.

The nazi parts were excellent though.
>>
It was OK.
Expected a lot more and the ending to this season is pretty flat.
>>
>>63236153
But it's not, the nazi's are shown as extremely competent, highly motivated people who are ruthlessly efficient.
>>
>>63236031
You will hate the female lead but everyone else is GOAT
Only gets better as it goes along
>>
>>63237330
Same, I love the world building but the lead female is such an annoying twat, and so are the two male leads. The nazi guy is awesome though.
>>
>>63236031
If I enjoyed playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, would this be a good thing to watch?
>>
>>63237887
yep, its very similar to that.
>>
The book didn't have likable characters either.

Unless you're a weeb and sympathize with Childan.
>>
>>63238002
The asian old guy who wants peace is pretty likable.
>>
>>63238129
This. Only on episode 4 but so far him, and his German buddy who wants peace seen like pretty alright guys.

I feel bad for Frank but don't agree with his actions. Uber Smith is pretty dope too.
>>
i'm six or seven episodes deep and it's really wild but the only sympathetic character i've come to really like is uber smith. the conflict in this for me is that i'm jewish.
>>
>>63239856
No sympathy for Frank early on? I'm a jew too and I felt pretty bad for the guy for the first 3 episodes or so.
>>
>>63239894
when i first time i saw him, he just came across as some really cold, really hard, really smart, hans landa type of guy, but after seeing him as a family man who just joined up and started from nothing and came up, i really started to see him as a wonderful and sympathetic character.

most notably, the VA day episode, i really felt for the guy.

also, what six days to hanukah, got any plans?
>>
>>63239941
Oh I'm not a practicing jew or anything. Just by blood. I haven't passed episode 4 as of yet so I haven't seen the VA day scenes. I'm gonna be staying with the show just to see them at this point 2bh
>>
>>63240077
i'm not really practicing either, but i celebrate the holidays with my family and all that. plus, it doesn't hurt to live in boston where there's actually shit to do for it sometimes. i just like to eat, mostly.

oh, definitely stick it out. that episode is really great. hope i didn't ruin anything for you on it. i'm kind of hype to see where they're going after that one.
>>
>>63236031

Its pretty great. I mean yeah, the hamfisted good vs. evil shit is dumb, but the atmosphere/setting is god tier. Best characters by far are the "bad" guys, namely the Obergrubbenfuhrer guy and the Asian Inspector.

One thing I don't get is that everyone acts like they hate the nazis/nipps but really unless you're involved with the resistance, it seems like basically the only thing different about day to day life is they kill people with disabilities/terminal illness, which really doesn't affect most people in the their normal routine, yet they act like its super oppressive.

I mean for christ's sake, the inspector guy actually apologizes to the jew for killing his jew family and stops him from getting shot when they think he doesn't know anything. The much more realistic thing would have been to shoot him anyway for being a jew or at least killing him so that he doesn't retaliate against the regime that wrongly killed his family. But nope, instead they apologize and let him go.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.