[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys hunk of The Americans? It's on season 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 500x281
Why do you guys hunk of The Americans? It's on season 4 and i feel it's fresh and original and with the right push from the fan base it can be god tier show. They hve a lot of historical accuracies so they did their research. They keep the suspense going constantly. And it's all about the Cold War, one of the best and untapped eras in the modern film industry. What do you think will happen in season 4?
>>
It's ok, has potential if the writers are smart. I hate the daughter though she needs to get dicked before something bad happens
>>
>>63235783
She almost did, remember the first episode? Mr. Clean was ready to fuck the shit out of her then her dad fucks the shit out of him
>>
>>63235600
>pilot
>guy says something lewd to his 13 yo daughter (played by a 16 yo)
>he tracks down the guy days later and skewers him in his backyard
>lel what a badass xD pedos deserve to die mirite?
Dropped it right there.
>>
>>63236114
So you stopped watching a show after one scene? The first episode of the walking dead was shit and so was the wire. Still became one of the best shows on tv
>>
>>63236287
>The first episode of the wire was shit
Spotted the pleb.
>>
one of the best shows on tv. i hope the final season ends with philip vs elizabeth.
>>
>>63236331
Doubt it, more likely Stan is going to kill them or worse Henry is going to join the fbi and kill them
>>
>>63235600
>>63235783
>>63235875
Nice job replying to your own thread.
>>
>>63236287
I usually don't reply to obvious bait but please don't mention those two shows in the same sentence.
>>
>>63236325
It was boring, i had to watch it on a feral to stay focused on the first 4 episodes
>>
This show has never been good. The fact it hasn't been canceled speaks volumes about how shit FXs regular programming is.
>>
>>63236362
What are you talking about m8 I made this before fondling my balls and then one thing lead to another. Now I'm done
>>
>>63236114
>pedos deserve to die mirite?
They do. You just don't think so because you're a pedo yourself, or at least you're brainwashed by /tv/ - pedophilia
>>
>>63236427
>shit programming
>Fargo
>archer
>this
>sons of anarchy
>Oj Simpson vs the people coming soon
>>
>>63236355

Stan should die in the season finale of the 2nd last season and that should somehow set off the final conflict between Philip and Elizabeth which should take up the entire final season
>>
>>63236455
You realize there's a poster count at the bottom of the page, right?
>>
>>63236510
Everything you listed isn't good with the exception of Fargo.
>>
>>63236518
Idk i like Stan. He's weird and a better role model for Henry. I feel like the church guy is really a Russian meant to recruit younger kids and when Paige tells him about her parents he says they have to kill her
>>
>>63236510

FX has some top tier shows and then some absolutely terrible ones. Which is fine. I'd rather that than a bunch of middling, just watchable stuff like Netflix.
>>
This is a great show and everyone should be watching it. Next season is set up for shit to go down. It will be the first time where there will be some proper tension. Usually it's obvious that everything will work out for them. That's my only criticism of the show. 'plot armour' or whatever the cool kids call it.
>>
>>63236563

I like Stan as well and the actor is doing a great job but this show has always been about Phil and Elizabeth and their relationship
>>
>>63236558
>sons of anarchy
>bad
Terrible b8 m8.
>>
>>63236569
The only show I don't like on fx that I know about is American horror story. Shits too weird with the guy in the gimp suit
>>63236573
Yeah they have to work on that. Hopefully the thing with Paige spirals more and more I want Henry to be more involved too though. He seems to background
>>63236617
True. But I still would like to see Stan get something out of it, fuck his wife one more time
>>
i really like the show but season 3 was kind of a let down. season 2 was really good.

keri russel is fucking hot, but that mole she has on her lip is extremely distracting and i can't stop looking at it when she speaks. it's like right in the center of her upper lip and it looks like a pimple that needs to be popped
>>
>>63236621
>assuming sons of anarchy is so good that it's universally loved and to say otherwise would be bait
i think we just found the REAL bait
>>
>>63236701
It is because they do a lot of close ups so they douse her in make up. They need to just cgi that shit out at the end it would be easier
>>
>>63236746
Not because it is universally loved but the because of the fact that it ha a great story arch and doesn't leave shit undone like a bunch of other shows
>>
>>63236837
>doesn't leave shit undone
what about subtlety? or dialogue that doesn't make you sigh and cringe? they left those things undone
>>
>>63236889
When were they not sublte? Maybe some of the dialogue was cliche but they had there fair share of subtlety
>>
Great show, massively underrated too
>>
>>63237113
It's mainly because it's not on Netflix, if it was more people would hve caught on to it but netflix wants exclusive right to everything because they can't fucking share
>>
>>63236889

calm down jackie boy
>>
>>63237154

its on amazon prime. FX is wary of Netflix so their spreading their shows out to multiple streaming services. for example, I think Fargo is on Hulu
>>
How do you rank the seasons so far?

I'd say 2 > 3 > 1
>>
The Americans is dope.

In season 4 they're going to have to fuck up the pastor's shit.
>>
>>63237238
Well by far the ending of 3 was perfect for me. Especially with speech by Reagan at the end about the evil empire. But the best season was the one where they kill the gay military guy I can't remember which season
>>
>>63236573
>It will be the first time where there will be some proper tension. Usually it's obvious that everything will work out for them.

Seriously? I think the complete opposite. So many situations where it looks like they might get killed or caught.
>>
>>63237300
Maybe he's one of them. That's what I'm hoping for. That way they find out there daughters a rat and cannot be trusted. I hope Nina dies soon because her sub plot is so stupid. She stole and ratted to the Feds. Yet they will forgive her if she fucks the jew scientist
>>
It's a good show but it's one of those where you see modern cars and buses in the backgrounds of all the city shots which really bugs me.

Otherwise it's a great show and one of the better ones on FX, second only to Fargo imao.
>>
>>63237358
I liked the part where she snitched on that one chick.

>Nina, what did you do?!
>>
File: 1442322072474.jpg (40 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1442322072474.jpg
40 KB, 500x295
>>63236504
>>
>>63237487
Reddit is the mecca of pedo apologists.
>it's not pedophilia it's ephbpbophilia
>the age of consent is arbitrary therefore i should be able to fuck 10 year olds
>muh biotruths
>>
>>63236427
This fag hasn't seen Chozen.
>>
>>63237484
Oh yeah they had her in the gulag until she convinced the other girl to confess and then ratted her out
>>
>>63237572
That show is fucked up man. It seems good but fucked up
>>
File: 1446247795445.jpg (10 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1446247795445.jpg
10 KB, 175x175
>>63237572
>>63237665

I looked up the IMDB listing since I never heard of this show before.

> gay white rapper

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>63237358
They use what resources they can. They realise she has a knack for getting people, especially men, to trust her (I wonder why).
>>
>>63237469
They hve modern cars? I never noticed except for a few models that were a few years off
>>
>>63237469
I can't say I've ever noticed and I'm usually an autist for that kind of shit.
>>
>>63237795
She sucks stand cock and he cuCks his wife while she cuCks him. Meanwhile the girl he's cheating with is fucking someone else. Grade A slut
>>
>What do you think will happen in season 4?

The daughter tells Pastor Tim about her parents.

Pastor Tim's youth group revealed to be second generation illegal grooming program.

Makes sense if you think about it.
>>
>>63237871
That's what I'm saying. He's going to be the next fat old lady
>>
>>63237871
That makes no sense at all and it would be far too much of a coincidence to be believable.

Much more likely Pastor Tim gets killed off and Paige knows her parents did it so learns the lesson of don't-tell-anyone.
>>
>>63238088
>That makes no sense at all and it would be far too much of a coincidence to be believable.

Why? Getting the teenagers together to sing songs and protest against the U.S. government can be a great way to train spies. The red head proved that seduction doesn't work.

Also, if you recall, the old woman said they wanted Paige for the program. Nothing about Henry (who'd also be the right age).

>Much more likely Pastor Tim gets killed off and Paige knows her parents did it so learns the lesson of don't-tell-anyone.

That's possible too, but it'd start an even shittier Paige-focused subplot.
>>
>>63238287
This. I don't want another sub plot to happen or else there is going to be a subplot for every character including stand emofag son. Also I think Henry already beloved himself capable of being a spy when he smashed that beer bottle on the guy in the woods
>>
>>63238340
>Also I think Henry already beloved himself capable of being a spy when he smashed that beer bottle on the guy in the woods

Or when he broke into that house to play vidya gaems.
>>
>>63238405
If anything new the center should ignore Paige and go straight to Henry before the fib snatch him up because you know that's the direction it's going with him. He's going to want to join the fbi
>>
>>63238689
Or even better, they groom him to be a double-agent in the FBI
>>
>>63238941
Not even a double agent. He joins the fbi and then they use him for secrets
>>
Wait a minute when is season 4? I love the show
>>
>>63235600
>And it's all about the Cold War, one of the best and untapped eras in the modern film industry.
The Cold War is probably the second most over done setting right after WW2
>>
>>63239461

Presumably late January like the previous seasons.
>>
>>63239513
Name 3 popular movies or shows or even games that came out about the Cold War in the past decade
>>
>>63239607

nope. Season 4 starts in March
>>
>>63239745

>March

fugg

At least Banshee comes back before that so it's not a total loss.
>>
I'm expecting this to be the last season, maybe one more after if FX decides to renew. The storyline is beginning to run its course, their cover has been blown and Perestroika is coming soon.
>>
>>63236569
FX has a lot of good shows you kinda wish were picked up by the big boy channels like HBO or Showtime or Netflix
>>
How to handle the Paige situation from the cliffhanger:

The Reverend thinks the daughter is lying about her parents but doesn't tell anyone what Paige said. There is a church group trip in the season premier but the bus is in an accident. Both the Reverend and his wife and most of the church group is killed and Paige is badly hurt, possibly comatose as well as suffering memory loss, so she forgets all about her parents secrets. Maybe toss in Elizabeth on the bus too, as one of the survivors who gets fucked up too.

This leads to Philip thinking the Center tried to kill Paige and Elizabeth for retaliation for Philip threatening the Soviet higher up over Paige being converted to a sleeper agent. It turns out to be a drunk driver who caused the crash in another car. The driver is a yuppie type executive and manages to skate on the deaths and carnage he caused due to lax laws punishing drunk drivers.

Meanwhile Elizabeth finds herself becoming a born again Christian in the wake of the tragedy. Which puts a new strain on the marriage since Philip wants to kill the guy who put his daughter in a coma and nearly killed his wife.
>>
>>63239961

it'll go 5 or 6. we'll know based on how they end season 4.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.