[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't Harry say "accio gun" and shoot the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Harry Potter GoF.jpg (135 KB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
Harry Potter GoF.jpg
135 KB, 960x400
why didn't Harry say "accio gun" and shoot the fucking dragon?
>>
>>63234198
or teleport out, because they can teleport
or kill the dragon, because they can kill anything on command
or use any of the other hundred spells that would solve this problem
>>
>>63234198
why didnt harry say avada kedavra and kill the dragon instantly. its not a person its not illegal to use forbidden curses on animals I.E. mad eye using on spiders to teach the class
>>
>>63234406
You need to have a good bit of power behind those three particular curses for them to work good. It's not like a gun that's pretty much going to be 100% reliable even if you have sissy child fingers
>>
>>63234406

Dragons have thick skin, so unless you are someone powerful you most likely will have your spell just bounce off.

According to the books anyways.
>>
Rowling admitted that guns would break her story and that the time-turner was a mistake.
>>
File: 1448647326856.jpg (1 MB, 1602x2868) Image search: [Google]
1448647326856.jpg
1 MB, 1602x2868
Because arry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects?all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>But at least the books are ggood though!
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>uses accio to get his broomstick
>doesn't use accio to get the port key in the final challenge even though he uses it in the graveyard
>>
>doesn't go into the girls' room and say "accio dildo!"
>>
>>63234996
I'm almost thinking they would have enchanted some of the items for the tournament. Like, the "golden egg", the people at the bottom of the lake, and the triwizard cup.
Maybe not, maybe when it was turned into a portkey Moody would have let it been summoned as well, or everybody in the world is dumb and didn't think to try something that easy.
>>
guns are complex machines which malfunction inside hogwarts
>>
Wizards are shit

A US marine could end the Wizard War in 2 seconds
>>
>>63235160

Newest Harry Potter will have a bunch of durka durkas in Hogwarts for diversity and Harry will have to prevent a suicide bomber.

but actually Harry will lead a multicultural defense force against the evil pureblood whites who want to maintain their culture, killing them with muslim prayer spells left and right
>>
>>63234198
a child literally raised under a stairwell in bumfuck england where anything larger then a paring knife would have gotten him arrested
knowing about guns, their affectiveness, or where one was

also the summoning charm has a limited range, supposedly in the book they werent even sure he could summon the broom from the castle only several hundred feet away

>>63234258
he cant teleport yet you have to be old enough to legally fuck first

they cant kill anything on command, only one spell does that and its illegal, sent to prison for life to win the first match of a long competition?

harrys a fucking retard
>>
>>63234996
he does try in the novels iirc
one of the firs things he does i believe
i
>>
>>63234198
why didnt he just summon his fucking invisibility cloak and stroll over?
no lets have a retarded cgi chase scene with no tension in it
>>
File: 1334036475049.jpg (95 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1334036475049.jpg
95 KB, 375x500
>>63235388
>where anything larger then a paring knife would have gotten him arrested
england is so backasswards
>>
>>63234593
source? i mean obviously time turners fucked everything up thats why she wrote them out of the story in book 5 but how would guns ruin everything
>>
>>63235251
You mean like Parvati and Padma Patil?
>>
>>63235518
Regular guns are just too good. Unless you had come prepared with some wizardy stuff, a bullet travels far faster than a person could possibly react, let alone cast a full spell.
>>
File: jk-rowling.jpg (106 KB, 435x563) Image search: [Google]
jk-rowling.jpg
106 KB, 435x563
>>
>>63235100
Guns are mechanical and would work perfectly fine

Electronics don't work around magic because magic
>>
>>63235473
he doesnt want everyone to know he has a cloak. Those who do know keep it quiet. Even after Snape finds out he doesnt tell everyone.
>>
>>63235597
The entire series was a mistake you big breasted hack
>>
>>63235622
>big breasted
you got confirmation on that statement, friendolini?
>>
File: tiddies.jpg (102 KB, 647x970) Image search: [Google]
tiddies.jpg
102 KB, 647x970
>>63235769
Certainly not tiny
>>
Why did the dragon claw onto the rooftop of Hogwarts while chasing Harry? Why didn't the dragon just fly in front of harry and roast him.

YOU ARE LITERALLY A FUCKING DRAGON AND YOU'RE HOLDING ON TO THE ROOF

FUCK YOU
>>
>>63235877
because the movies are stupid
>>
>>63235850
Milfs man, fuck.
>>
>>63235850
To think if things went differently I could be getting a titjob from her in a back alley
>>
accio boobs
>>
>>63234198
The accio spell makes an item travel to the spell caster at about 15mph. Seeing as how britbongs and Eurokeks in general are nogunz, the accio gun spell would have taken roughly 200 hours to work, depending on whether he wanted cheap slavshit or primo American shooters.
>>
>>63234406
If I recall correctly that wasn't Mad Eye, it was the death eater guy in disguise.
>>
Because its for children you low IQ /v/ poster
>>
post more saggy rolling tits
>>
why didn't the dragon want to fuck harry? was he not attracted to harry or something? i'd fuck harry, i'm not gay but he's pretty hot, and the idea of me being a dragon and fucking harry is so powerfully erotic to me as my red scaly dragon phallus impales his soft British teenage anus and makes him cum yeah makes him cum i'm a dragon i'm gonna shoot my lizard juice right up in your guts daniel radcliffe i'm cumming i'm cu-
>>
>>63234198

Becuase dragonscales are more than likely hard enough that a gun would inflict no such damage whatsoever.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.